Topic: South Park

Anyone a fan? I grew up loving the show when I was younger, but sadly over the years I fear the show only has about 2-3 good episodes a season with maybe 1 great one.

Anyone else that has seen the 3 eps so far, what are your thoughts?

Besides "medicinal fried chicken" (probably this seasons great episode so far) I think they have been lame.

Go.

ALSO
Is forum policy the same as TFN, with regards to cursing and topics?

Last edited by TrowaGP02a (2010-04-08 01:13:00)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: South Park

Grr. South Park is one of those shows that really ought to be higher on my radar than it is. They serve it up online for free, for crying out loud. But for some reason, I find myself spending months totally unaware that it exists, then going on all-day-Sunday archive binges to catch up on whole seasons.

Maybe I'm in the low-expectations crowd. I've always liked South Park but never loved it, if you know what I mean, so it never really lets me down. It's an amusing 22-and-a-half minutes or whatever.

Also? If Cartman's cover of "Poker Face" doesn't win some kinda Nobel peasy-prize, there's no God.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

South Park: The Movie is an official Down in Front Perfect Movie, though we'll probably never do a commentary for it. I love the shit out of that movie.

The show I could take or leave.

And Trowa, curse all you want, just don't be mean to the kind people of the forum.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Shut the hell up, Teague.

Posted from my iPad
http://trek.fm

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I said don't be mean!

I wield the banphones.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It's okay to be mean to me if you want. At least then I'd feel something.

cut cut cut

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You are a strange, strange man.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Okay, so I just got around to watching "You Have 0 Friends." And it's fucking brilliant.

It's also a keen insight into why I don't have a Facebook page. Because I so gravely fear having 0 friends.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I don't have a facebook page for the Stan Marsh reason. The hatred, not fear of MCP or renegade profiles.

Guess my post came at bad timing, right before a good episode haha

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ohgoddammit. The correct answer is "Oh, you should get a Facebook page, Jeff! I'd totally be your friend! And we'd play Mafia Wars or whatever Facebook people do."

And then I'd be all "Oh, no, no, you don't want to be friends with somebody as plain and dull as me."

And you'd be all, "I don't think you're plain. In fact…" and you'd reach out and let my hair down, and take off my glasses, and the music would swell…

But you. You blew it. You're stuck going to the prom with that shallow cheerleader with the big boobs who always puts out, instead of sitting on the damp grass in the park with me and drinking champagne from the bottle you stole from your parents' fridge before you put your tuxedo jacket around me and I lean my head on your shoulder while we watch the sun rise over the mountains.

Wait. What were we talking about?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Jeffery Harrell wrote:

Okay, so I just got around to watching "You Have 0 Friends." And it's fucking brilliant.

Oddly enough I just discovered theoatmeal.com today, and so I can contribute  this to the discussion.

Thanks to that, I now realize I'm Stu Maschwitz's Twitter rash.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

New South Park in 30, can they drop 3 great eps in a row??

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ok that was fucking hilarious.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Augh! Cliffhanger!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You people with the ability to watch television fascinate me. I haven't lived in a place with cable in four years. I find I don't miss it too much.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down