Topic: Not that I'm a massive nerd or anything...

... But CD Projekt RED are making a new Cyberpunk 2020 RPG, AND MIKE PONDSMITH IS RELEASING AN UPDATE TO THE P&P RPG AS WELL!

*swoons*

Linky.

Dorky gamer orientated video.

Last edited by Dave (2012-06-28 23:30:14)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Not that I'm a massive nerd or anything...

I don't know words because you.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/funny-dog-pictures-i-smile-because-i-have-no-idea-whats-going-on.jpg

smile

ZangrethorDigital.ca

I didn't know you were a gamer, Dave.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Nerd ain't no country I ever heard of. They speak English in Nerd?

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I remember having a similar overwhelming joy wash over me when I read an article about a studio that was working on a RIFTS turn-based strategy RPG that they described as a combination of X-Com and FF Tactics (in the article, not the guys making it...). They had screen shots that looked awesomely like a retro throw-back to those older isometric games and they listed off a bunch of the available races and professions and how some of the skills and combat would work. It sounded AMAZING.

And then I saw that it was only going to be released exclusively on the N-Gage. I actually considered buying an N-Gage just so I could get that game.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'd forgotten all about the N-Gage and the silly way you had to hold it to use it as a phone.

http://mobile-review.com/review/image/nokia/ngage/pic2.jpg

Thumbs up Thumbs down

And who'd wanna play games on their phone, anyway?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

To be honest, I'm more excited about the revamp to the pen & paper system. Cyberpunk 2020 was one of the staples of my later teenage years; friends and I would spend entire weekends gaming on almost no sleep and way too much pizza.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I must admit, when I played pen and paper RPGs the rules were mostly ignored. It was more free form story telling (reading the Paranoia "rules" did not help change that)

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I've thought about writing up an article or something that would help people to pinpoint their ideal P&P RPG based on what sort of things they're interested in. D&D is great to get your feet wet, but there are games out there that cater to specific personalities. I used to know some people who were into VtM so I tagged along to one of their sessions and it nearly killed my soul. And then there are games like Rifts that appeal to people who love math and collecting dice.

I've never heard of Cyberpunk 2020, tho I surely bumped into it at some point while browsing in shops for dice/cards/books/figures/whatever. I don't have a store anywhere near me where people can game up.

Last edited by Squiggly_P (2012-06-29 01:31:34)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

2020 is the RPG for people who watched Bladerunner, and thought "That is my idea of heaven!"

Thumbs up Thumbs down