Topic: Cool Animated Stuff

I've been feeling kinda sad, and animations/cartoons usually cheer me up. So I'm making this thread to help me feel better. (and Jimmy said i should)

Disney put this on their YouTube channel. yay!

an unaired Dexter's Laboratory that adult swim got their hands on

a dumb little Pokemon cartoon

A clip from a show that I've never actually seen a full episode of.

A pretty Star Wars thing

I like this guy's animations. They make me feel smart.

These are the fan animated bits of the Brony documentary.
(only one pony video right now because the S3 finale news is making me sad whenever I think about MLP right now)

Putting this here cuz I miss it.

and this
http://www.woahh.com/uploads/what_if._2624522079.gif

Protection and power are overrated. I think you are very wise to choose happiness and love. -Uncle Iroh

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Re: Cool Animated Stuff

Nice. What are your favourite animated shows, MadBad? Apart from the obvious?

EDIT: Oh, and I recommend that you try to watch some Animaniacs, it was a fun show smile

Last edited by Jimmy B (2013-02-01 03:59:02)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Powerpuff Girls
Dexter's Lab
Samurai Jack
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
Kids Next Door
Johnny Bravo
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Billy and Mandy
My Life as a Teenage Robot
Futurama
Teen Titans
Danny Phantom
Original Spongebob all the way up till the movie
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt (yeah, it's weird. I know)

There are so many I'm forgetting.

Avatar is probably my favorite tv show ever. I can't remember a time I was happier than when I was watching it. (MLP is getting up there tho)

Nowadays I only like MLP and Korra on TV. Nothing else seems to interest me. And Cartoon Network is now a wasteland of nothing.(to me at least)
(I've got a bad feeling about the S3 finale of MLP. I hope I'm proved wrong about it, but I'm worried. Waaay more than a normal person would/should be. It's tearing me up on the inside)
I've also recently started watching Invader Zim. I like it.

Animaniacs - I've seen a handful of clips. Seems interesting. I've been meaning to check it out, but I keep forgetting.

Last edited by MadBadCoyote (2013-02-01 04:45:54)

Protection and power are overrated. I think you are very wise to choose happiness and love. -Uncle Iroh

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well, I was born in '76, so a lot of the stuff I like you probably wouldn't. Hasbro has a habit of messing with animated shows to suit their properties to sell toys. They did it with Transformers and G.I. Joe back in the '80s. I wasn't too happy when they killed Optimus Prime in the Transformers movie but they brought him back. The backlash of Prime's death changed the ending of the GI Joe animated movie when Duke was originally supposed to die. So, don't panic yet smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Invader Zim is epic. Always makes me laugh for sure big_smile

I don't actually watch too many animated shows anymore, save for things like Curious George that my daughter watches. Though, if you have never watched Spiderman: The New Animated Series (it is a bit older but still fun. I think Neil Patrick Harris was one of the voices) it is worth a watch:

Here are some animated shorts. While not shows, they are certainly good for a laugh:

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Gopher Broke always makes me laugh, love it.

I just found these guys a couple days ago and then proceeded to watch every one of their vids and laugh my ass off.

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2013-02-01 05:25:08)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

fireproof78 wrote:

I think Neil Patrick Harris was one of the voices

He was Spider-man smile

This is my Spidey cartoon, growing up-

That and re-runs of the '60s show. I loved this too-

Not very funny, sure, not intentionally anyway but they cheer me up smile

Last edited by Jimmy B (2013-02-01 05:38:42)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

@Jimmy

Yeah, I miiiiight be a bit younger than you guys. Doot do dee doop ~ (moving on...)

You're a little late to tell me not to panic. I've been panicking ever since I heard the news.

I do trust the writers of the show. They've never let me down before, but I'm still worried. The plot summary doesn't give me much hope. And they seem to have never wanted to do this in the first place. (judging by reading their twitter accounts)

I'm considering not watching it and seeing if the community responds with a massive shitstorm or not. Even if they do fuck it up, I bet (hope) the backlash would cause them to reverse it in season 4's opener.

Unrelated but I wanted to share: I usually hate 4chan, but /mlp/'s reaction was pretty similar to the one I had in my head. They had "WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?" at the top of every page with tragic music playing. Made me chuckle.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

MadBadCoyote wrote:

@Jimmy
You're a little late to tell me not to panic. I've been panicking ever since I heard the news.

Dude, life's too short. It may not be as bad as you fear, you just need to relax smile

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Why, Jimmy? Why did you post the old Spiderman?
I actually preferred the 90's Spiderman cartoon and one was of my favorites growing up:

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

@Jimmy
Been trying to. My brain just won't let it rest.

I just don't want what happened to mass effect to happen MLP. I don't wanna go through that grieving process again.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

fireproof78 wrote:

Because I like it big_smile

I won't post much else because I don't want to a) take over the thread and b) bore anyone wink

Last edited by Jimmy B (2013-02-01 05:54:31)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Jimmy B wrote:
fireproof78 wrote:

Because I like it big_smile

I won't post much else because I don't want to a) take over the thread and b) bore anyone wink

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...wait, did you say something? wink
And, yeah, I'll hold off posting more too. Though now I'm getting a little nostalgic

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Aaaaaah, sod it. Here is one of my favourite cartoons of all time that I still enjoy watching today (I have the dvds)-

I will stop now though, must go to bed smile

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

No animation thread is complete without some Cowboy Bebop:

Thumbs up Thumbs down

WITNESS TONY STARK FORGING HIS ARMOUR FROM GUITAR SOLOS!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I was a child of the 80s so my favourites growing up were Action Force (aka GI Joe), Thundercats, Transformers, Galaxy Rangers and the old He-Man. I remember enjoying the New Adventures of He-Man too, which taught me that when you pick something heavy up you should bend your knees. big_smile

Visionaries was also awesome.

I'll argue that 80s/90s cartoons were the pinnacle of TV animation - and they had the best openings of all time. Great music, great animation, great characters and great action.

These are 2 of the best.
Galaxy Rangers!

Thundercats!

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

MadBad, have you tried Adventure Time? I started it a few weeks ago, it's awesome. Randomness like I ain't ever seen it. Basically, it will melt you brain at times.

Also, Jake the Dog is voiced by the awesome John DiMaggio (Bender from Futurama).

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

@bullet3
I've seen half of Bebop. I liked what I saw. Just never had the urge to finish it.

@Saniss
I've watched it a few times. I feel bad for not liking it. I wanted to feel included in that club too.

Just re-read the plot summary of the finale
:(

Last edited by MadBadCoyote (2013-02-01 14:01:38)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc-vINJ … mp;index=1

The last one is a very cool short that I can't get to link correctly.

Last edited by FireFighter214 (2013-02-01 15:24:05)

"Back to the Future is great, and if you disagree then you're Hitler." -Dorkman
"You sucking is canon!" -Brian

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

FireFighter: remove the S from HTTPS.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Intros to another couple of favourites-

And quite possibly my favourite episode of DuckTales ever-

Fecking love DuckTales.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Is this the place where I can moan about the cancellation of Sym-Bionic Titan? I know it's been a while, but I'm still pissed at Cartoon Network. And they haven't even put out a DVD yet...

Thumbs up Thumbs down