Re: "Extended Edition" Community Podcast

At that time on Wednesday, I will be watching a Star Trek movie, so count me out. wink

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Sure is!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

damnit, wish you'd wait a week on the Star Trek discussion, it doesn't open in the US till this weekend, and I don't see it till Thursday.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

We'll do the first ten movies this week until the new moviegram makes it to the colonies. smile

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

Sounds good

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ooh, and there are things to said about that particular moviegram too.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

What's the topic of discussion? I might be available, but if I have nothing to contribute then there's not a lot of point putting my hand up (I don't like listening to the sound of my own voice).

Last edited by Dave (2013-05-14 19:53:52)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm guessing starting the discussion about the best/worst movies, see if there are any outliers and why? I like the Motion Picture for instance, and would place it higher than most others would. With the age dispersal on the forums, it might also be interesting to see which movie everyone started with.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The Motion Picture is one I have seen the least. It bored the shit out of me when I was younger and although I may like it now, I haven't returned to it in years.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I might be able to swing this one, if y'all will have an open seat.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

We could honestly go through a lot of them movie by movie chronologically, there's plenty to say about most of them. I haven't seen Generations/Insurrection/Nemesis, but can talk a lot about the original 6.

I love the shit out of The Motion Picture, great piece of hard sci-fi, great effects, great music. Pacing doesn't hold up too well, but it's no worse than 2001 in that regard.

Last edited by bullet3 (2013-05-14 20:57:55)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

So, it's going to be a busy one then big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well, then, I'll have to sit out on all of these, sans the 2009 film. I haven't watched a single one.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I recommend at least dropping in at the designated time in case we have some no shows, then we'll decide who wants to sit in/out.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Right, so the panel for tomorrow is myself with,

Jimmy B
Bullet
Teague
redxavier

We'll be talking about

Star Trek The Motion Picture
The Wrath of Kahn
The Search For Spock
The Voyage Home
The Final Frontier
The Undiscovered Country

and if we have time the Next Generation movies.

I'll PM you all with the hangout link at the time and post the youtube link here for people to listen in. Although we did have trouble with that last week.

I want in too. I'm grabbing a mic tonight and have my headphones at the ready.
Also, I would, if I may be so bold, recommend doing them in chronological order and weighing their strengths and respective weaknesses, both solo and in the franchise as a whole.

Someone please clarify the time for me-I am terrible at this time zone thing. I thought it was 9 pm GMT?
Am I right? So that's 1 PM West Coast USA?

Edit: Unless 5 panelists is too much for Faldor to work through, which I can agree is a lot of people to edit. I am more than happy to just listen too.

Last edited by fireproof78 (2013-05-15 02:37:20)

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

No you should definitely show up, I'm recording from work so there's a possibility I won't make it, and we need a star trek expert in the house.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

bullet3 wrote:

No you should definitely show up, I'm recording from work so there's a possibility I won't make it, and we need a star trek expert in the house.

"Where would I find such a man? Why am i asking you?" wink

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Last time we had a confirmed number of 3 people 2 hours before recording, and when we were about to start, we were 7. We split it to two sessions because of this. Not being in the same room means we talk in each others mouths a lot, and if there's more than 5, it gets very difficult to sort this out. I recommend you either split the teams up in several sessions, or make 100% sure you can make it. It is, after all, in 12 hours.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

fireproof wrote:

Also, I would, if I may be so bold, recommend doing them in chronological order and weighing their strenSomeone please clarify the time for me-I am terrible at this time zone thing. I thought it was 9 pm GMT?
Am I right? So that's 1 PM West Coast USA?.

We're in British summer time which Is eight hours ahead of the west coast. So 1pm

Edit: Episode 002 - Video Gaming can now be downloaded from our feed  big_smile

Last edited by Faldor (2013-05-15 10:29:18)

I'm not available today. Lots of meetings where I look concerned yet optimistic.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Zarban wrote:

I'm not available today. Lots of meetings where I look concerned yet optimistic.

The master of the multi-use expression...

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Tomahawk wrote:

Last time we had a confirmed number of 3 people 2 hours before recording, and when we were about to start, we were 7. We split it to two sessions because of this. Not being in the same room means we talk in each others mouths a lot, and if there's more than 5, it gets very difficult to sort this out. I recommend you either split the teams up in several sessions, or make 100% sure you can make it. It is, after all, in 12 hours.

Well, I plan on being there and you all can tell me to sit in the corner and not touch anything if necessary wink

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Right, at 9pm (2.5 hours from now Time Zone fans!) We'll be recording the Trek episode.

Last edited by Faldor (2013-05-15 17:45:10)

Yeah, and I ended up stuck at the licensing department for an hour.
By the time I got set up, you guys were rolling.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down