Re: Top Five thread.

Wow. That "Super 8" trailer looks promising. I have to admit, J.J. Abrams knows a thing or two about making movies.

Okay, top five sequels:

Godfather II

The Dark Knight

Toy Story 2

The Wrath of Khan

From Russia With Love

Along those same lines … top five most disappointing sequels. Same rule: trilogies don't count. If the next movie in the series was a foregone conclusion when this one was released, don't include it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yo every movie you named is either a trilogy, a series, or going to be a trilogy... just sayin...

Fantastic Four: Silver Surfer

Porky's II

S. Darko

Starship Troopers II

Caddyshack II

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Trowa are those for disappointing sequels?

Which I hope not because if you were disappointed/surprised by the fact the sequels to any of those sucked (Except Troopers, maybe) you may need a checkup dude.

And if so, wheres our next question!!

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2010-05-14 01:59:08)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

If the intent of the question was to name the five best sequels that did not, themselves, get subsequently sequelized then Chris coulda said so straight up. Also it would have been a much harder question to answer, at least for me.

And yeah. Who dropped the ball there? We demand a next-top-five!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

OK FIRST, if you think any of the movies I posted were good AT ALL, then I don't even KNOW what to say..

SECOND, I do not understand what you're saying MAUL... are you saying all those original movies were terrible? Maybe Fantastic Four wasn't that great, but Porkys? Donnie Darko? You think those were terrible? Or are you saying it's so obvious that they're terrible because the originals were good, or bad, or what?

THIRD, do not answer that question.

And FOURTH, I totally dropped the ball for a second, so:

Top five all time female characters. (TV allowed)

Last edited by TrowaGP02a (2010-05-14 02:08:54)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well actually Jeff I pretty much meant what you repeated in your question, simply that if the movies were meant to have an overarching story through them (Ala Star Wars OT, or Lord of The Rings, then they are disqualified)

And @ Trowa, what I meant was that of the movies I have seen that you listed and from what I have heard about the others, they either seem like movies that were so bad a sequel would be expected to suck (Fantastic Four), or such a standalone film that to do a sequel would pretty much ruin it (Troopers, DD, Caddyshack). I'll have to admit I have never even heard of Porky's so that ones kinda in the air.

Anyways onto the question...which i am totally way to tired to answer right now. So I'll leave for the next sucker to come along.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Porky's is so lowbrow that it makes Animal House look like Shakespeare  - but it also contains three of the funniest scenes in movie history.   

While you can still sort of get the effect of those scenes on video, they only reach full effectiveness in a theater with a full house.

Also, bonus - Kim Cattrall nude scene, back when that meant something.  Rowrrr.

The obligatory sequel was indeed worthless, no argument there.

Anyway, carry on.

Last edited by Trey (2010-05-14 03:09:23)

Top five all time female characters

1. Willow Rosenberg
2. Veronica Mars
3. Miss Piggy
4. Scarlett O'Hara
5. Sarah Connor

Or something like that...

Top five songs from animated movies

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Oh boy...here we go.

I know I'm gonna forget some good ones, but hey theres soooo many.

So in no particular order...

1) Out There - Hunchback
2) Circle of Life - Lion King
3) Two Worlds - Tarzan
4) If I Didn't Have you / On My fathers Wings /I Stand Alone - Quest For Camelot (If I'm gonna be honest, I just love the fuck outta every single song in this movie)
5)Go The distance - Hercules

And the entire Soundtrack of Nightmare of course.

And even though it's not from the animated, He Lives in You/They live in You, from Lion King on Broadway, is one of my favorite songs ever.

And question...

Top 5 fiction novels.

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2010-05-15 21:04:46)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

With each of these choices, I really me it and the series it's in, and it just happens to be my favorite in the series.

1) March to the Sea - David Weber and John Ringo
2) Off Armageddon Reef - David Weber
3) Vorpal Blade - John Ringo
4) Promise of the Witch-King - R. A. Salvator
5) The Bacta War - Michael Stackpole

Top 5 webcomics.

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Looking for Group

Penny Arcade

VG Cats

8-bit Theatre

Mega Tokyo

Should add The Adventures of Kanira Baxter for a TFN SHOUT

Five most horrible places you've woken up hungover.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well I certainly came into this thread at the right time.

1) My grandparents house.

I'd had a really rough night with a psycho ex.  Like, really rough.  As in, I need to get drunk NOW rough.  So I had Teague drive me to my friend's boyfriend's house, where I proceeded to go from zero to drunk on straight vodka as fast as I've ever done.  Apparently, and I don't remember this, I then peed all over the bathroom floor, was driven home by Teague, slept for a couple hours, was roused and taken to the car by my parents where I slept the whole way there, and then abruptly woke up hungover at my grandparents house where I was expected to go to brunch with them and my aunt and uncle.  Despite the fact I ate 8 plates of salad at the buffet, I'm pretty sure none of my family ever knew I was drunk or hungover.

2) Half underwater.

My friend's house, which is on a lake-pond kinda gimmick.  I don't know what happened, but I woke up with  fireworks strewn all about me, lying down with water up to my dick.

3) Vincennes, IN.

No funny stories, really.  Vincennes, IN just happens to be a fucking awful horrible place to wake up in general.

4) Under a wrestling ring in my tag team partner's backyard.

This wouldn't be bad at all, except that it was daytime, and I was stuck under this ring with no cell phone in an open back yard in a nice neighborhood... utterly nude.

5) The Hospital.

So I wound up landing real bad on concrete at a wrestling show and was fairly certain I'd screwed up my shoulder something awful.  So instead of doing something sensible, I decided the best course of action was to drink until it felt better.  I did, and it didn't feel better, so I wound up being taken to the hospital.  Unfortunately, they don't like dumping anesthetic drugs into people already drunk, and didn't appreciate my roguish sense of humor for some reason.  I woke up in a hospital bed hungover, in my street clothes, my shoulder aching, and was told my shoulder was going to be fine, that I was an asshole, and that my car keys were at the front desk.  Shame.  Shaaaaaaaame.

Top five reasons for or against having a beard.

Last edited by Kyle (2010-05-16 11:05:06)

When.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

She says:

1. Beard Burn
2. Makes You Look Older
3. Makes Your Jaw Look Wider
4. Collects Food
5. Most Men Are Too Lazy To Trim Their Beard As Often As It Needs

Top five fishing holes in the US

Posted from my iPad
http://trek.fm

Thumbs up Thumbs down

1. The pond in Orgrimmar.

2. Where the stream meets the river on the western border of the Grizzly Hills.

3. This little place — whoops. Sorry, guys. Wrong thread.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Kyle I love you, man.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well congrats Greg, you managed to effectively kill this thread dead in it's tracks.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Not me, Aimee. But let's see:

top five fantasy novels that aren't by Tolkein, King, or Prachett.

Posted from my iPad

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I don't really have five...well i have one really good one.

Otherland series By Tad Williams

One of the craziest, coolest things I have ever read.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

I have nothing. I tend to read Crichton and Stephenson over and over.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I honestly thing the only fantasy book I've ever read is "Lord of the Rings," and I'm reading it now, and really only because I want to have read it.

(Though once you get past the agony of the first fourteen or fifteen chapters, it's actually pretty okay.)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You people suck. You allllllll suck.

Posted from my iPad

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I was going to let someone else field this, but I'll list mine if no one else can.

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

First post.  Some of you know me, I know some of you.  What's up?

In no particular order...

1.  Michael sitting alone at the table -- Godfather II
2.  "20 Dollars Worth" -- Michael Clayton
3.  The dolly in with the buildings collapsing -- Fight Club
4.  Helen walks with Bobby -- Panic in Needle Park
5.  Bill Murray gets in the cab -- Lost in Translation

Top five songs made for lovin'.

- Branco

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Welcome to the jungle, Branco.

1. O Fortuna - Carmina Burana. Laughing sex is good sex.
2. The Fragile album, Nine Inch Nails. I've known girls who were wrong.
3. The theme song from The Princess Bride. Based on actual sad experience.
4. Tear You Apart - She Wants Revenge. What up.
5. Mr. Brightside - Jacques Lu Cont Remix. Sexy as fuck, especially when having sex in a stupor.

Top five songs to play on a Monday morning.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

We got Rico!

I'm rather proud of that.