Topic: You had a pretty inspiring governor, California.

I saw Arnold Schwarzenegger speak at a conference last night, the guy seems pretty great to be honest. Very switched on, really focused, a politician who seemed to really value public service over a (pretty small) pay cheque.

Well done, Cali.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1010447_10152932929500430_275360885_n.jpg

Last edited by Dave (2013-06-14 20:19:52)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: You had a pretty inspiring governor, California.

I think he did his best running a state that's pretty much un-runnable. He's got 2 parties that won't compromise,  which means he can't really cut spending, and he can't raise taxes on anything without it going to a public vote, so he can't really raise taxes, hence, the state is screwed with debt. I always saw him as one of the good guys, he was pro-environment, he was pretty liberal on social issues.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

bullet3 wrote:

... he was pretty liberal on social issues.

Well, seems to me he was pretty liberal on most issues  tongue

---------------------------------------------
I would never lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation.

AshDigital wrote:
bullet3 wrote:

... he was pretty liberal on social issues.

Well, seems to me he was pretty liberal on most issues  tongue

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

He was a great speaker, and he wasn't...AWFUL, but no one looks back fondly at the Arnold administration.  Honestly Jerry Brown has exceeded my expectations by a thousand fold.  We're a tough state to manage.  If California seceded from the union, we would be the 7th largest economy in the world.  People forget the hundreds of miles of farms between LA and San Francisco that just happen to provide food around the world.  We are also beset by budget issues, and though we always vote blue nationally, there's a ton of rich republicans in Orange County that make political gridlock pretty regular.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down