Re: Suggest a movie!

Mask of the Phantasm is brilliant. I never really got into Batman Beyond, it's ok, but nowhere near as good as Batman TAS at its peak. I did enjoy Return of the Joker, any time I get to hear Hamill's Joker voice is a bonus.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Lamer wrote:
Owen Ward wrote:

I'm not sure if I prefer Return of the Joker, both awesome animated Bat-films though.

Agreed. Although, Return of the Joker loses points for flashing back to The New Batman Adventures era which I hate so much it gives me energy.

Oh god, TNBA...

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/batman/tnba/episodes/03coldcomfort/23.jpg

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!

Xtroid wrote:

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!

Probably something along the lines of "hey, let's redesign everything so it looks worse, hit Batman in the head with a crowbar so he loses some IQ points, throw in a bunch of new characters so they can divert attention away from Batman who is the only like... the star of the show, make Robin an annoying infant, drop some acid and we're good to go". Oh and on top of that they used the opening sequence from The Animated Series just to confuse everyone and make them think they're watching something good.

This is painful, and that's just the first episode.

(sorry for derailing the thread,. I'll shut up now tongue)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

y'all should talk about MiB 2 and 3. Or do commentaries for them. Or something.

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

has anyone ever suggested Rocky Horror Picture Show ?
That might be very interesting.

Those who would trade liberties for securities, deserve neither liberties, nor securities.
-Benjamin Franklin

Thumbs up Thumbs down

crowkiller06 wrote:

has anyone ever suggested Rocky Horror Picture Show ?
That might be very interesting.

Waits for the shitstorm.

/YesIsuggestedit

/thisshouldbefun

ZangrethorDigital.ca

John Carter. Because...yeah. LOTS to go on about there.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Art Lyon wrote:

John Carter. Because...yeah. LOTS to go on about there.

I actually just watched this. A friend let me borrow this on blu ray.
While I can certainly see many, many, many things that need to improve in this film...... I still see parts of it that are ........not bad(?).

Those who would trade liberties for securities, deserve neither liberties, nor securities.
-Benjamin Franklin

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Got John Carter coming from Netflix tomorrow.  Should be...interesting.

I've seen a lot of weak, lame, or even awful sci-fi and fantasy movies, and John Carter is NOT one of those.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I've been watching the movies Rifftrax is digging up to do video on demand versions of.

Oh. My. God.

Last night we saw Curse of Bigfoot. It'll be a week before I can look at any mainstream film and not consider it genius for not being on that level.

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You guys should do Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai

Thumbs up Thumbs down

New around here. I'd like to recommend the following: way of the gun, trainspotting, boiler room, and the long kiss goodnight.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I second The Long Kiss Goodnight but I've been trying to get them to do a Shane Back scripted film in a while, to no avail. So far big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

+1 for The Long Kiss Goodnight.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

True Lies.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I hate True Lies......*runs away*

(actually, 'hate' is too strong a word, it starts good and ends well but has a painfully boring middle. All the stuff with his wife is awful, in my opinion)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

How dare You besmirch the awesomeness that is True Lies!  I would like to throw my hat in for John Carter.  I honestly don't know what you guys thought was so wrong with that movie.  I thought it was a good movie....  *runs for the hills with his pants around his ankles.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I thought John Carter was good as well. Not superb, but I didn't come away thinking it was a waste of time, which I often seem to do these days.

Similar sentiment with Battleship vs Transformers really, I bet that in 20 years they'd have a hard time believing that Avatar was the huge success and that John Carter was the relative flop - there's nothing intrinsically different about them in story, peformance and VFX quality.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Labyrinth. The Hunt for Red October. Sweeney Todd.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

switch wrote:

How dare You besmirch the awesomeness that is True Lies!  I would like to throw my hat in for John Carter.  I honestly don't know what you guys thought was so wrong with that movie.  I thought it was a good movie....  *runs for the hills with his pants around his ankles.

Have you watched True Lies recently? It really drags in the middle. I'd say it is half an awesome movie.

I agree with you on John Carter,by the way. I don't think it's great but it doesn't deserve the hate. A wee rhyme for you there, free of charge. Bam!

Last edited by Jimmy B (2012-08-14 00:43:12)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The Hunger Games was released recently on Blu-ray. I'd love to know what you think about it now, if it's gotten worse for you or better.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ooooh.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hunger Games would bring up really interesting Plinkett test and storytelling discussions.

Thumbs up Thumbs down