Re: Reading/narration collaboration

Sort of, I could probably do an Australian who had lived in London for a while?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I can mimic a British accent. #IsBritish #ProperBritishnotlikeThatPlebOwen

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

I can mimic Brit and Scottish.

I also already have a box account.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Psst Scottish is British

Excellent, excellent.

Faldor, Dave. Do you have decent mics?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I do and a rather snazzy stand  cool

Groovy. I'm popping out at lunch today to the music store to finally invest in a desktop stand and pop filter for mine. The mic I currently use isn't what I ideally want, but the components will transfer easily to a new one.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I've scored nice pop filters on eBay for dirt cheap, so it might be worth it to take a look there too. (The stores in my neck of the woods often mark-up those things rather egregiously.)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

pantyhose and a clothes hanger will work just fine, too.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ended up just getting a replacement ball. It's a SHURE SM58 and the ball is about 20 years old. Hopefully that helps.

Also scored a sweet deal on an M-AUDIO ProKeys Sono 61 key controller for half the retail price. Woot!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Sweet!
I'm rokcing a Behringer XM8500 and Roland UA-55 Quad Capture.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ah, very nice. I really like that Roland. I was eyeing up the Steinberg CI1. Right now I've just got a crappy old Line6 TonePort UX1 and it does the job, but it's really not a long term solution.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

In all seriousness. Who can get me some vocal samples by, let's say, Wednesday of next week?

I'm working on updating the excerpt with some temped sound effects and possibly some minimal music.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Tomahawk wrote:

pantyhose and a clothes hanger will work just fine, too.

I had this conversation a while back:

ROB'S GF: Why do I have only one of these black [panty]hose?

ROB: Uh. What's that now?

GF: What—did you take it or something?

ROB: [awkward pause] Uh. Yeah.

GF: You took my black pantyhose.

ROB: Yeah. I needed it.

GF: Okay. O-kay... I'm not sure I know what kind of conversation we're having right now.
-- --

But yeah, you can use a hanger, or score an embroidery hoop from an art supply place (or Wal-Mart, in my case) and make a homemade pop filter that ain't bad at all.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

auralstimulation wrote:

In all seriousness. Who can get me some vocal samples by, let's say, Wednesday of next week?

I can. smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Alright, so, signups? Copy and paste this whole thing, even if you're not adding your name to all three.

If you are willing to record one or more vocal takes, add your name to this list:

1. Teague

If you are willing to contribute music to one or more pieces, add your name to this list:

1. Teague

If you are willing to write a scene for one more more projects, add your name to this list:

1. Teague

If you are willing to create visual assets for one or more projects, add your name to this list:

1. Teague

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Awesome.

Teague, can you edit to add if anyone wants to do the title card or title animation? Have a look at what I've done previously for a taste. I'd love to do something more After Effects-y, but I don't have the skills.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL … xzmjWenltD

[Edit] By title card, I mean the one for the story, not the one for the channel.

Last edited by Aural Stimulation (2013-07-26 19:38:21)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Can I just admit right now I've been squeeing on the inside about this since the first response?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

Alright, so, signups? Copy and paste this whole thing, even if you're not adding your name to all three.

If you are willing to record one or more vocal takes, add your name to this list:

1. Teague
2. Rob

If you are willing to contribute music to one or more pieces, add your name to this list:

1. Teague

If you are willing to write a scene for one more more projects, add your name to this list:

1. Teague
2. Rob

If you are willing to create visual assets for one or more projects, add your name to this list:

1. Teague
-- --

(I wish I had the skillz to create music and visuals. I'll be cheerleading for the talented people, though.)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I should mention that you don't have to worry about any post processing on your vocal tracks. I'll be handling compression, dynamics etc during the mastering process.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

1. Teague
2. Rob
3. BDA

1. Teague

1. Teague
2. Rob
3. BDA

1. Teague
2. BDA
-- --

ZangrethorDigital.ca

1. Teague
2. Rob
3. BDA
4. Tomahawk

1. Teague

1. Teague
2. Rob
3. BDA
4. Tomahawk

1. Teague
2. BDA
-- --

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xDy_zx18R5g/UPwwTsdyRVI/AAAAAAAAGa4/elrNYEiZPLg/s1600/its-working-its-working.gif

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Big thanks to Tomahawk for his prompt samples.

Here's the excerpt with his tracks roughed in: http://snd.sc/19nIYCo

I'm. fucking. loving. this.

Anyone else who wants to give this a shot is welcome. I'll make a version for each contributor.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Tomahawk wrote:

I can mimic Brit and Scottish.

Ummmmm.......

Thumbs up Thumbs down