Re: Reading/narration collaboration

It may be too cheerful for this type of thing, but if you want some plinky ukulele sounds, I may be capable of such things. I also have a concertina in my possession, but all I can really do on that one is random clashing notes. Also, no mic, so probably not helpful... Teague's name was just looking so lonely in the music category.

If you are willing to record one or more vocal takes, add your name to this list:
1. Teague
2. Rob
3. BDA
4. Tomahawk

If you are willing to contribute music to one or more pieces, add your name to this list:
1. Teague
2. Spork

If you are willing to write a scene for one more more projects, add your name to this list:
1. Teague
2. Rob
3. BDA
4. Tomahawk

If you are willing to create visual assets for one or more projects, add your name to this list:
1. Teague
2. BDA
-- --

"To Spork you listen."  - Trey Stokes

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yeah, OUTSIDE of britain, a brit accent is more of a David Tennant english thing.

Aural: It's amazing how well that worked.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Rob wrote:

I've scored nice pop filters on eBay for dirt cheap

Yeah after reading this I jumped on ebay and got one for £3  cool

Tomahawk wrote:

Yeah, OUTSIDE of britain, a brit accent is more of a David Tennant english thing.

and this is why my girlfriend calls you swedish.

If you are willing to record one or more vocal takes, add your name to this list:
1. Teague
2. Rob
3. BDA
4. Tomahawk
5. Faldor

If you are willing to contribute music to one or more pieces, add your name to this list:
1. Teague
2. Spork

If you are willing to write a scene for one more more projects, add your name to this list:
1. Teague
2. Rob
3. BDA
4. Tomahawk

If you are willing to create visual assets for one or more projects, add your name to this list:
1. Teague
2. BDA
-- --

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

Btw, I'd be willing to add music, but I lack the skills. If you need simple guitar stuff, sure.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Here is my audition. I improvised a story and set it to Kyle's track "Through the Wind Came the Sound of Bells" (extended slightly with more bells). I hope that's alright with Kyle.

It's a 3-minute sci-fi horror story called "Midnight in Space" and it's a bit cliche, but I think it works nicely with Kyle's piece.

LISTEN

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

1. Teague
2. Rob
3. BDA
4. Tomahawk
5. Faldor
6. Zarban

1. Teague
2. Spork

1. Teague
2. Rob
3. BDA
4. Tomahawk
5. Zarban

1. Teague
2. BDA
-- --

I could do some Photoshoppy work, but not video.

/still bitter about the radio star

Tomahawk wrote:

There is actually no such thing as a single British accent. David Tennant's Doctor accent is (mostly) a London one.  smile

Although, my point was more the fact that you offered to mimic accents when we have actual English and Scottish people on the forum. big_smile

Last edited by Jimmy B (2013-07-27 21:35:49)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Zarban. Dude. Awesome job! Maybe I should just hand the keys to the channel over to you wink

I will most definitely be using you for a story.

Do you want to give Carl from "Dust" a shot? Have a look at the original post for a link to the SoundCloud excerpt and the story. I'll PM you the link to the Box.com folder I've set up.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Faldor: you're hired, too smile

I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for a 3-4 person story or maybe even some kind of short play we can adapt. The only stipulations I have are that the writing's half decent and the material is public domain.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think the question is going to have to be: who wants to/is able to collaborate with me on "Dust"?

My hope is to have the vocals finished by mid to late next week because there's gonna be an assload of audio production and editing that'll have to happen after that.

It's not a ton of voice work for the role of Carl. There are 3 more major sections to the story, roughly the same length as the excerpt. Carl's in sections 1, 2 and 4; the meat of his role is in section 2 and he has like 2 lines in section 4. All told, it'll probably be close to 30 mins in total.

Any takers?

If there's more than one person vying for the role, then... name out of a hat, I guess?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I dunno what Dust is, but I volunteer.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Check the original post. "Dust" is the sample narration I posted earlier. There's a link to the audio file and to the original story. I need someone to voice Carl, the old farmer neighbour.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ah. Probably not for me, then, I don't sound particularly old.

You probably want Zarban for that.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

auralstimulation wrote:

Zarban. Dude. Awesome job! Maybe I should just hand the keys to the channel over to you wink

I will most definitely be using you for a story.

Do you want to give Carl from "Dust" a shot? Have a look at the original post for a link to the SoundCloud excerpt and the story. I'll PM you the link to the Box.com folder I've set up.

Thanks! Do you mean you want me to try recording just Carl's dialog from the story at CreepyPasta? And then post it to the Box site?

Teague wrote:

I don't sound particularly old.

You probably want Zarban for that.

Why, I oughta...
http://lileks.com/institute/100mysteries/42/9.jpg

Last edited by Zarban (2013-07-28 02:26:10)

Yep, Zarban, exactly.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I LOVE this idea, I've always loved listening to A Prairie Home Companion as its the closest I get to a modern radio drama, seeing it done in a modern context...why hasn't this been done more? Full on radio-drama, with sfx/music, everything. Count me in for vocal tracks, possibly for music.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I love it too, but horror is not really my thing.

I am, however, excited to see this all come together!

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

This particular story is more like a Stephen King short story than a spooky campfire tale.

I really would love to do something like a radio play, for sure.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well, I'll keep a close eye on the thread, because it certainly is interesting to me, but my mic is just my laptop mic, but I hope to change that soon.

In the mean time, looks like things are cooking smile

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Also, only just listened to Zarban's audition.

Zarban rules.

//also is old

//sticking with this joke

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

He doesn't SOUND old, you know wink

Thumbs up Thumbs down

bullet3 wrote:

why hasn't this been done more? Full on radio-drama, with sfx/music, everything. Count me in for vocal tracks, possibly for music.

Theres quite a few podcast audio dramas out there and of course Radio 4 never stopped doing them so the notion it's a dead medium has always baffled me.

I'm actually working on something at the moment Auralstimulation give my thunder back! you stole it !

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

I think he was referring to these boards specifically.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I've recorded Carl's dialog from "Dust" and posted it and sent AuralStimulation a PM.

I didn't see any recording settings information. I recorded at 44100 hz and output at 128kbps. Hope that works.

Yeah, sorry I didn't stipulate that. Your settings are perfect.

It's hard to keep this all organized on a discussion forum. But we're doing it!

Thumbs up Thumbs down