Re: A Breaking Bad Conversation Thread w/ *SPOILERS* Up the Wazoo

Yeah, Gomie is pretty much done for. If BBQ's theory is right (and I rather dig it) Hank will NOT walk out of this happy. Lost Walt, and saw his best friend die. Berserk mode activated.

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hank's got frigg'n invincibility mode enabled. He's a big man with no cover. The goons had 1-2 minutes to line him up with their automatic weapons. And they all missed. And kept missing. And kept missing. And then Hanks pops up again to shoot some more, and then all miss him again. Useless hit-men!

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Actually, if you look at some screencaps, only a few of the Nazis had a clear shot at Hank, and he was pretty close to cover. It's not inconceivable that he made it out without getting hit. Gomie, on the other hand, was directly in the line of sight for AA12-guy. He's fucked.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Saniss wrote:

Now, where are we left? Oh, yeah: how the hell is Hank gonna survive this? Please tell me he will.

Rob wrote:

Is there any way in hell Hank and Gomez walk away from that showdown? They're literally out-gunned.

Not unless Walt Jr. aka Flynn appears out of nowhere and reveals his crotches were shotguns all along.

It was a bit of a contrivance, albeit a typically awesome Breaking Bad Universe contrivance, just for Hank and Gomie to make it to the end of this episode without either of them being lit up by the Aryan brothers, who suddenly developed the shooting prowess of a bunch of Stormtroopers.

Whatever happens to Hank from here on out, it's gonna send Marie off the deep end.

Rob wrote:

Just seeing Hank use the Hello Kitty phone made my night.

Actually, what really made my night was seeing Todd trying to put the moves on Lydia!

My vote goes to Meth Damon's ringtone!

http://i.imgur.com/LHxoeLN.gif

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

PorridgeGun wrote:

It was a bit of a contrivance, albeit a typically awesome Breaking Bad Universe contrivance, just for Hank and Gomie to make it to the end of this episode without either of them being lit up by the Aryan brothers, who suddenly developed the shooting prowess of a bunch of Stormtroopers.

http://mybfolder.com/pics/2332-1271525302.jpg

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

PorridgeGun wrote:

It would have been just as dramatic (if not more so) if the episode ended just before the first trigger was pulled. Then the audience would have been left wondering about more possibilities: Were the cops going to show their badge? Or were they going to put down their weapons? Was Walt going to intervene to get the Nazis to cease and desist? Was backup going to arrive before the shooting began? Then we would have been spared the ridiculous A-team shoot 'em up where no one gets hurt.

Todd's a cold sociopath. I want you to kill your mom. Okay, Mr White.

Last edited by avatar (2013-09-10 18:37:58)

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm not sure I understand everything about the Nazi brothers. The way they hesitated before starting to shoot. If they only cared about Walt's orders, they wouldn't have fired at Hank and Gomie.

I think they were simply up for a big shootout, not cold assassinations. Otherwise, Hank and Gomie would have been dead in the blink of an eye. They just felt like firing bullets all over the place.

PS :
http://i.imgur.com/gvyvvng.jpg

Last edited by Saniss (2013-09-10 13:17:53)

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I've asked a cop about the whole shootout-where-no-one-gets-hit thing in movies. Didn't he think it was ridiculous, I asked, how people sprayed bullets everywhere in that movie but never seemed to hit a damn thing? His response was that Hollywood definitely presents shootouts unrealistically, however, he assured me that in real life shooting someone is not easy. If you're standing two feet away, that's one thing. But if you've got someone who is 10, 20, 25-plus yards away, and they're not stationary, it's actually quite a challenge. "That's why the practice range exists—because it's so hard to hit exactly what you'd like to hit" he said. His larger point was that when you factor in the adrenaline and confusion of the moment, shooting someone at a distance is hard even if you're an excellent shot. He did mention that some weapons are easier to aim than others. Now the most important point: I don't know whether any of that is true because I know nothing about firearms. But I guess it makes sense. It still seems to me that a weapon that sprays rounds all over the place would be nearly fool-proof. But then I've never shot a machine gun. (I was deeply involved with Operation Wolf back in the day, but that's classified.)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Rob wrote:

I've asked a cop about the whole shootout-where-no-one-gets-hit thing in movies. Didn't he think it was ridiculous, I asked, how people sprayed bullets everywhere in that movie but never seemed to hit a damn thing? His response was that Hollywood definitely presents shootouts unrealistically, however, he assured me that in real life shooting someone is not easy. If you're standing two feet away, that's one thing. But if you've got someone who is 10, 20, 25-plus yards away, and they're not stationary, it's actually quite a challenge. "That's why the practice range exists—because it's so hard to hit exactly what you'd like to hit" he said. His larger point was that when you factor in the adrenaline and confusion of the moment, shooting someone at a distance is hard even if you're an excellent shot. He did mention that some weapons are easier to aim than others. Now the most important point: I don't know whether any of that is true because I know nothing about firearms. But I guess it makes sense. It still seems to me that a weapon that sprays rounds all over the place would be nearly fool-proof. But then I've never shot a machine gun. (I was deeply involved with Operation Wolf back in the day, but that's classified.)

I only need to know one thing... where they are...

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://i.imgur.com/dBGOw2D.jpg

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

More making-of and promo videos here.

Last edited by Saniss (2013-09-11 19:29:59)

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Saniss wrote:

Yeah, Gomie is pretty much done for. If BBQ's theory is right (and I rather dig it) Hank will NOT walk out of this happy. Lost Walt, and saw his best friend die. Berserk mode activated.

Also keep in mind that if my theory is right, Walt will have directly saved their lives, and he will have done so by putting himself and his family back into the meth-game when he had the option of letting them die and walking away clean (from legal prosecution, at least).

Even if Walt's the reason they were all in danger, that's a dynamic that Hank would have to deal with.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

There's also the issue that the Bro's came to kill Jesse on Walt's orders - but whatever happens to Gomie and Hank, obviously Jesse's going to survive this showdown.

However the writers manage it, I suspect we'll see Walt and Jesse working together for one final cook, even though neither of them wants to be doing it.   And something that hasn't happened since the pilot episode is - a cook session going disastrously wrong.   Especially if Walt sabotages it on purpose, as in the pilot.

Not sure if that's where we're headed, but there'd be a nice symmetry to it...

I don't really imagine there's room for a last cook. I still have no idea how we're gonna from here to the flash forwards, but I think that this shootout is the beginning of the big last showdown.

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Saniss wrote:

I'm not sure I understand everything about the Nazi brothers. The way they hesitated before starting to shoot. If they only cared about Walt's orders, they wouldn't have fired at Hank and Gomie.

I think they were simply up for a big shootout, not cold assassinations. Otherwise, Hank and Gomie would have been dead in the blink of an eye. They just felt like firing bullets all over the place.

Haha, well, they're that crazy, no doubt. I think all they know is that Walt—who has value to them as a cook—summoned them there because he was in distress and because Jesse's there too. They have an interest in keeping Walt alive, whacking Jesse so Walt will honor the agreement and do a cook for them, and not getting arrested themselves. Once Hank and Gomez showed that they had no intention of surrendering, that's when the white-power posse opened fire. That much makes sense to me, in that six(?) guys with guns aren't taking orders from two guys with guns. People that crazy might well feel up for a shootout from time to time, but they're also lawless thugs who are motivated by their own raw self-interest—and right now they view Walt as a cash cow. Anyone who gets in the way is, by definition, expendable.

Btw: The whole bit about Todd's uncle not wanting to wear a mask in the meth lab—that stuck out to me on second viewing as something that will be paid off later somehow.

PS :
http://i.imgur.com/gvyvvng.jpg

That image is my new desktop wallpaper!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Rob wrote:

Btw: The whole bit about Todd's uncle not wanting to wear a mask in the meth lab—that stuck out to me on second viewing as something that will be paid off later somehow

Another clue for my theory that we're headed for a "last cook" that will echo the very first one...

There's a huge explosion, causing a rift in time, and we end up back in the first episode! Perfect for syndication!

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Invid wrote:

There's a huge explosion, causing a rift in time, and we end up back in the first episode! Perfect for syndication!

Or on a purgatory-like island

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/110331/LOST-II-Lost-again_320.jpg

*runs away*

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

So I rewatched the pilot the other day, to see where this ride started. Does anyone recall what happened to the video tape walt records in the first few seconds? Where he tells his family he loves them and whatnot. If nothing was done to that in the series (I can't remember) I bet Skyler will find it after Walt is dead in Trey's explosion, or something?

However, the flash forward is very puzzeling to me.

/Z

Thumbs up Thumbs down

MasterZap wrote:

So I rewatched the pilot the other day, to see where this ride started. Does anyone recall what happened to the video tape walt records in the first few seconds? Where he tells his family he loves them and whatnot. If nothing was done to that in the series (I can't remember) I bet Skyler will find it after Walt is dead in Trey's explosion, or something?

However, the flash forward is very puzzeling to me.

/Z

He destroys the tape a few episodes later.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

THe big bald motherfucker in Jack's crew is my old training partner/guy who used to choke the hell out of me, Tait Fletcher.  In addition to all his stunt work (He was in the Avengers too) he owns a CrossFit box and manages 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu: Sante Fe.  He coached last seasons THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER winner Kevin Gastellum.  On top of that, he's a hell of a guy.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Eddie wrote:

THe big bald motherfucker in Jack's crew is my old training partner/guy who used to choke the hell out of me, Tait Fletcher.  In addition to all his stunt work (He was in the Avengers too) he owns a CrossFit box and manages 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu: Sante Fe.  He coached last seasons THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER winner Kevin Gastellum.  On top of that, he's a hell of a guy.

Not sure if this is the same guy, but apparently there was one actor who auditioned for the show more than any other actor, and they finally found a role for him in Jack's crew. He even got a few lines.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Wow, I didn't recognize him at all.

I guess if they run out of ammo, look for uncle Jack's gang to take the fight to the ground.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Tait was actually a contestant on season 3 of Ultimate FIghter too.  Hell of a half guard.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Is it Sunday yet?

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down