Re: Misleading Movie Titles

Laputa had no whores in it.

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

Sam F wrote:

And Home Alone 2 is just the second film, but that doesn't make it right!  wink

But the whole point of the subtitle to a sequel is to tell you what this instalment is about. Lost In New York does that as that is what Kevin is. Just like he was Home Alone in the first. You are only counting the 'Home Alone 2' part which is wrong. Full title or nothin'  tongue

Last edited by Jimmy B (2013-10-20 21:58:35)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The Grapes of Wrath

*drops the mic*

I'll nominate Dead Presidents.  Until very recently we've never had an African American President, and yet that entire cast was essentially African American.  Worst casting ever.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

The Amazing Spiderman wasn't

not long to go now...

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

fireproof78 wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

IT had nothing to do with Information Technology whatsoever

Not even joking. I was thinking of this last night.

And what about How I Met your Mother? Probably the most egregious offender to date as we have NEVER met the mother and should have been called How I slept with a bunch of girls and got all these STDs. Don't do this kids

No, the correct title is How I Settled For Your Mother.

Spider-man 2 only had one Spider-man in it! I have been LIED TO!

And you know what? I didn't see a single person walk on a star in Star Trek.

And none of the events of 2012 actually happened, what kind of pre-emptive year in review documentary was that?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The Girl Who Kicked a Hornet's Nest has nothing to do with a child engaging in violent acts of animal cruelty.

Paradise Lost has nothing to do with the work of John Milton.

Milk is not an expose on the dairy industry. It's just the story of some dude who got shot by Josh Brolin.

The Man with the Golden Arm is not a spin-off sequel about C-3PO's short-lived career in professional arm wrestling. Inexplicably, it's just a film about Frank Sinatra shooting heroin back in the day.

And much to my chagrin, Friends in Your Head is not a network of podcasts chronicling my daily hallucinations. It's about sharks or something.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

So it turns out they are not actually Friends In Your Head. I wish someone told me that before the X-ray!

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest didn't have David Attenborough in it anywhere. 

Clint Eastwood ends up with almost half a million adjusted for inflation at the end of For A Few Dollars More

Who's Afraid of Virgina Woolf? wasn't a slasher film about the Bloomsbury Group. 

I couldn't find any S&M scenes in Tim Minear's screenplay for The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress.

Last edited by sellew (2013-10-21 12:38:02)

For the next hour, everything in this post is strictly based on the available facts.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The Color Purple was remarkably enough filled with a wide range of other colors, too.

Lost In Space - Didn't feature any of the cast from Lost. Dissapoint.

Not Another Teen Movie, was indeed, yet another teen movie.

Epic Movie was anything but.

2 Fast 2 Furious wasn't about anyone driving too fast, nor was anyone beyond aggravated.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Cloud Atlas wasn't in fact a cloud atlas and featured very few shots of clouds at all.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Looper didn't loop at all.

Good will hunting was mistyped, but featured no hunger of goodwill.

American pie only slightly mentions a pie, but it was apple, not American.

Matrix reloaded had very little reloading, and matrix revolutions was anything but a revolution.

Purple rain was surprisingly lacking of rain.

Jobs had much about a dude named that, but very little of people applying for one.

Cloverfield had no fields of clover. Or any other kind, for that matter.

Man of steel was about superman. I didn't see much steel, and likewise,

Steel - had a man in a suit. Of metal. Not steel.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

On the other side of the coin...

Sharknado is exactly what I expected.

Children of Men featured, like, no children at all. What the hell, movie? It's like you were doing it on purpose.

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Saniss wrote:

Children of Men featured, like, no children at all. What the hell, movie? It's like you were doing it on purpose.

I agree completely.  I thought that this was a sequel to Junior.   What a ripoff.  NO STARS

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Raven wrote:
Saniss wrote:

I agree completely.  I thought that this was a sequel to Junior.   What a ripoff.  NO STARS

Twins had nothing to do with the baseball team or baseball at all.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"The Road Trip" had very little focus on the stretch of asphalt, and nobody stumbled over anything anywhere in the entire ten minutes.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.