Topic: Take two

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/natural_parenting.png

Baby! Henry arrived Sunday on his own speedy schedule. Apparently he wasn't interested in waiting for us to get to the hospital as we'd planned. So yeah, I accidentally a home birth. At least we didn't get in the car, and the midwife arrived in time.

Zoë slept through the whole thing in the next room and discovered a baby brother in the morning. She is currently obsessed with all things baby, which is adorable. Henry is obsessed with eating and peeing on anyone who dares take his diaper off. Steve and I are obsessed with getting enough sleep.

http://i.imgur.com/Be2tp3P.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3H4o7Ed.jpg

Last edited by Phi (2013-10-24 20:36:43)

Thumbs up +9 Thumbs down

Re: Take two

Aw, congrats! big_smile

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

CONGRATS!

Side note, should baby announcements go under "Creations"?

Last edited by Eddie (2013-10-24 21:12:47)

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Awwwwwww.  Soooooo cute!  Yeah, second children come quicker apparently.  (We made it to the hospital with a shade over 30 minutes to spare.)  You'll probably think you've forgotten how all this stuff works, but it all comes back to you!

A couple of advice reminders (in your case, since you've done this before) from the thread about Dave's recent child:

First, if you have any support while you're at home (parents who've come, friends who live near by) DO NOT HESITATE to exploit them to the fullest extent possible.  Your partner needs her rest, but so do you, and you both need to spend time with your baby.  Get people to cook for you, clean the house for you, go shopping, etc. etc.  ANYTHING they can do for you, tell them to do it.  Now is not the time to be humble and self-effacing.  That is what they are there for.

Second, you guys might have Neal's Yard [in Canada].  If so, score a tub of something they sell called "Baby Balm".  That stuff works miracles with diaper rash.  Their large tub will last you like six months at least.

For the next hour, everything in this post is strictly based on the available facts.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Congratulations! Home birth sounds a little unnerving, but it looks like everything went well.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hoop-la! <Lists piggies in descending order of littleness, correlated with meal preferences.>

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Congratulations, Phi.

That's a good-looking family you've got there!

smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Congrats, Phi and family. Welcome to the world, Henry smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

sellew wrote:

Awwwwwww.  Soooooo cute!  Yeah, second children come quicker apparently.  (We made it to the hospital with a shade over 30 minutes to spare.)  You'll probably think you've forgotten how all this stuff works, but it all comes back to you!

A couple of advice reminders (in your case, since you've done this before) from the thread about Dave's recent child:

First, if you have any support while you're at home (parents who've come, friends who live near by) DO NOT HESITATE to exploit them to the fullest extent possible.  Your partner needs her rest, but so do you, and you both need to spend time with your baby.  Get people to cook for you, clean the house for you, go shopping, etc. etc.  ANYTHING they can do for you, tell them to do it.  Now is not the time to be humble and self-effacing.  That is what they are there for.

Second, you guys might have Neal's Yard [in Canada].  If so, score a tub of something they sell called "Baby Balm".  That stuff works miracles with diaper rash.  Their large tub will last you like six months at least.

Yeah, second baby's must come fast for normal people. Our second took nearly 18 hours to appear...

Anyway, congrats on the latest addition. Love the pics with the big sister smile

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

D'awww congratulations!

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

fireproof78 wrote:

Yeah, second baby's must come fast for normal people. Our second took nearly 18 hours to appear...

Ouch!  That's rough.  Must be a genetic thing.  My wife was my mother-in-law's second and they barely made it to the hospital.

For the next hour, everything in this post is strictly based on the available facts.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Congratulations PHI and Family!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That's fantastic! Congratulations! big_smile

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

I'm gonna go ahead and congratulate Spiff. Dude gets no love these days.

(and congrats to the rest of your family smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Tomahawk wrote:

I'm gonna go ahead and congratulate Spiff. Dude gets no love these days.

Clearly he gets some occasionally.

/obligatory

Thanks for the congrats all big_smile

Eddie: I almost did post it there. Zoë's is over there I believe.

sellew and fireproof 78:  First was 65 hours (2.5ish days) so I was hoping for shorter. This one was zero to baby in less than 4 hours. I am apparently also not normal people.

Dave: Despite having a midwife, home birth was not even on my radar as an option. Hospitals have wonderful features like people who clean up messes and doctors who deal with complications. Also drugs. They have all the best drugs.

Tomahawk and Trey: *got, at least for the next few weeks. I'm not superwoman. Unless we're talking about cuddles. Spiff gets all of them.

http://i.imgur.com/x1YGBYn.jpg

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

Congrats!

Thumbs up Thumbs down