Topic: HUNTER: a Halloween short film

Shot in a night with a bunch of the FIYH crew, edited in an afternoon, and finally finished a year later because I'm a lazy git. Anyway, enjoy!

Thumbs up +4 Thumbs down

Re: HUNTER: a Halloween short film

To use an apt cliche: still a better love story than Twilight. tongue Seriously, though, great work! I love the script, and the acting was very well-done, particularly on the part of la vampira.

Last edited by Abbie (2013-11-01 00:21:41)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Really good piece. Any further episodes planned? We demand a sequel.

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Slick.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Nice job, fellas, really nice.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I love this a lot, and there's so much potential to do more with it. Very well done, would like to see more.

Web series?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I had to watch it twice because there's too much awesomeness for just one viewing.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Wow, really cool!  And actually one of the lines gave me an idea:  you have the bit where the hunter grabs a cross, and of course it doesn't work, presumably because he lacks the required faith, and the vampire taunts him by saying "you might as well have grabbed a picture of Santa Claus".   

You could do that, and then take it one step further by having a character then grab something funny and unexpected, but which sincerely does represent some ideal of goodness and light and purity for that character (for me, it would be something like a picture of Kermit The Frog), and then have that actually succeed in repelling the vampire.  (If you wanted to be more serious about it, you could have them grab a picture of their baby or something.) 

Maybe somebody somewhere's done that already.  I'm not super knowledgeable about the vampire genre.  Anyway, really interesting, and I look forward to any more you might do!

For the next hour, everything in this post is strictly based on the available facts.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Awesome.

"Life is about movies; anything else is a bonus!"- Me   cool

I don't subscribe to any web series but I'd watch the hell out of this if it became one.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Next episode opens with the vamp and Hunter in bed together, aaaand - GO.

Last edited by drewjmore (2013-11-04 15:28:34)

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Team Alba.

Edit: Watched again. Whoever did the set dressing, please let them know that I noticed the half dozen long coats in the front hall, all black. I laughed. I take it you borrowed all the coats.

Last edited by Phi (2013-11-11 16:07:27)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Dave wrote:

I love this a lot, and there's so much potential to do more with it. Very well done, would like to see more.

Web series?

This. All of it.

....And then sharks. smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I liked the potential, but felt the ending came a little short. Great delivery from the actors, if a little off ADR. Great cinematography smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I thought your actress was absolutely fantastic.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I really liked the look of this, I don't know what your lighting set up was but it looked more Cinema than web video  big_smile

Last edited by Faldor (2013-11-06 00:49:39)

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog