Topic: "Gaming Edition" Open casting calls! - THIS TIME: THE ELDER SCROLLS!

Hey. If you clicked this, you probably already know that the "Gaming Edition" is an extended edtion of the Extended Edition.

We do these from time to time, where we delve deep into various games, and as it happens, neither Jimmy, Martin nor Owen are huge gamers, sans the latter, but he's really only a Nintendo geek, so he doesn't generally count. Also, he's 12 and his mom won't let him play PG13 games.

Anyhoo

For these kinds of episodes, I'm usually the host, joined by Owen, and that leaves a total of 3 open seats each time. The participants will vary, and that's the point. I've played a LOT of video games myself, and I'm open to discussing most of them, but leaving two-three seats open leaves for more people of varying interests to join in each time, so if you ever wanted to discuss a certain game on a podcast, we're here for you; we gotcha covered.

HOW THIS WILL WORK:
The Gaming Edition isn't every week. These tend to go on for 2-3 hours in one session, but they happen still. As such, I'll leave a casting call every time we decide to do one.
I'll post the game/topic at hand, let you know the time and date(relative time zones, of course), and ask for 2-3 persons.

Sound good? Good.

The first casting call open is for MINECRAFT. I don't have a time/date as of yet, but that's because I need to gauge the interest first. If this works as a great pickup place, I'll get that going, but this week or next, and I'm in CET, so keep that in mind. Hawaiians: I'm 12 hours ahead of you.

Anyone up for discussing the various aspects of Minecraft?

Side note:
I'm of course open for suggestions for topics. But they kinda have to be gaming related. Genre, franchises, a specific game, or the way it's affected the larger scope, perhaps? Feel free to add to the table!

Last edited by Tomahawk (2014-03-17 18:36:24)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: "Gaming Edition" Open casting calls! - THIS TIME: THE ELDER SCROLLS!

'Fraid I literally only started playing Minecraft about 2 weeks ago after we broke down and bought it for my daughter for the Xbox, so I can't really say that I have much to say about it, but I'll definitely keep an eye out for future calls.  (Been computer gaming for 30 years, plus or minus, and would be happy to talk about anything I actually happen to know something about.)

For the next hour, everything in this post is strictly based on the available facts.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Nothing to say about Minecraft, sorry to say. But I do play a lot of indie games, so I'm your man if that ever comes up.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

When you want to talk about Kerbal Space Program, call me.

Heh...well hi, Minecraft lp-er here. I guess this up to me.

Unfortunately the only times I could do it are a couple days next week during the day my time (So like late evening/night yours. I'm MST.)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Never played Minecraft either, but any other games I'm... game?

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Brian wrote:

When you want to talk about Kerbal Space Program, call me.

On a similar note, when you get to sports games, Grand Theft Auto, or Metal Gear Solid, I'll gladly talk about it for hours. Especially if you're gonna talk about Madden. I don't think 2-3 hours is enough time for me to trash that abomination of a series.

I play Minecraft a decent amount, but I'm not involved in the community with mods or anything like that. So I don't know how much I could contribute... but I'd potentially be interested if you've got to put butts in seats.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

So in essence, that's BDA, Boter and I for now. That ought to do it. What time works best for you, Boter?

MY time zone is CET, which means that NY time is 6 hours behind me. As for BDA, that's an 8 hour difference there. I could work with either, depending on the day. If it's a work day(mon-fri), there's no way I'm staying up til 5AM to accomodate MST.

..but I could get up early.

I can usually do 9PM my time. So 3PM NY and 1PM MST.

Last edited by Tomahawk (2014-02-06 09:32:58)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I could do 1pm, or earlier if need be (10-11am my time, something like that). I can't really go past about 4pm though.

Although I took a look at my schedule and the only days I'm available next week are wed and fri. So not sure if that works for you guys.

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2014-02-06 09:49:52)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

I can do Wednesday, but no earlier than stated. I've children, and my workstation doesn't have a dedicated office.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Weekends are best for me (though this upcoming is booked), but I might be able to swing next Wednesday. I need to check the schedule to see if we have an interview shoot that night, I'll post when I know for sure.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

It's two days away, do you know yet? Me and BDA alone would get kinda... slow.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Oh, I don't know -cracks knuckles-stretches out neck- I think I could handle ranting at Minecraft for a couple hours.

Seems to work well enough for my LP's tongue

ZangrethorDigital.ca

The shoot just got confirmed today unfortunately. Fortunately it's at 1, so I should be wrapped up by 3, an hour away from where I live. If you can start at 4 EST, then I can hop on when I get in (might be 4:15 or something, call me in or whatever). Or, if 3 is what you need to do, I'll message you when I get in and if you're still going I can hop in.

I *may* also get back earlier than 4, depends on how the interviews go, at which point I'll let you know I'm in.

TL;DR: I can do 4 but if you need to do 3 then I can join in when I get back.

You normally use Skype to get everyone together, correct? Or do I need to get some different software?

If we go at 4pm est, that would give me just barely 2 hours. Starting at 3 would give me just barely 3 hours.

I'll just throw this out there, I am more available next week.

Whattya think Tom?

ZangrethorDigital.ca

So long as it's after 9pm my time, it doesn't really matter. I can go at 10, and BDA can, apparently go at that time, too. We won't get 3 hours, but that's not an issue. Hopefully we can do it in two. So long as everyone's on time and we don't spend the first hour just chatting.

We've used skype lately, yes, but we've used Google Hangouts prior to that. Whatever works best for you.
The only piece of software you need is Adobe Audition to record yourself with. If you don't have it, Audacity works like a charm, too.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Cool. I usually use Goldwave but to reduce complexity I'll make sure I have Audacity on here.

I'm considering throwing my name in for this. I have played quite a bit of Minecraft. But I'm also pretty awkward, especially when recorded.

"To Spork you listen."  - Trey Stokes

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Is not.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Tom, if the decision is to film tomorrow, let me know. I can also text one of you when I leave the shoot tomorrow so you have a good idea of when I'll be able to pop in.

I don't know that mine craft counts as gaming any more than a community Lego set does.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Dave wrote:

I don't know that mine craft counts as gaming any more than a community Lego set does.

If we're gonna get into the "what is a game" discussion, I'll be on the panel.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Also, it's old. Why not an episode about commander keen, or Sim City 2000?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Doctor Submarine wrote:
Dave wrote:

If we're gonna get into the "what is a game" discussion, I'll be on the panel.

And I will not.

Asking "what is a game" is about as much of a personally differing question as asking which religion is the best. And in my experience, they tend to be about as equally productive. Which I have no interest in being a part of.

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2014-02-11 22:44:28)

ZangrethorDigital.ca