Re: [BOAT] Show off your new shit

Owning a house is both amazingly satisfying and continually frustrating. Even with a new house, you never know when something expensive is going to go wrong. In 15 years, I've replaced the front of mine (the stone was put on wrong and allowed water to get behind it), the A/C unit, the furnace burner, the water heater, and the washer & dryer, and the dog. And none of those were low-quality items to begin with. Except for the dog.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

The market here is a little tough to get into, so we're quite happy to be in at all. The location is good, and I think we've done ok - it's livable, comfortable, and anything we do to the property will increase the value, even doing nothing.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

My birthday was back in May. I asked people for gift cards to PetSmart so I could start a fish aquarium. My sister was instrumental in helping me set up and I got a lot of advice from my Dad as well. I started off with five zebra danios at the beginning of May, and just got five more and a couple of panda corydoras.

Naturally, right after filming and posting that, I got another decoration and rearranged a bit. Ah well.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Very nice, dude.

Also, I kind of want a ten-minute loop of that first shot, cropped into a digital picture frame. Then I'd have my own fishies. Flat frame fishies.

Or, you could shoot an hour, and I'd double up six ten minuteses on top of each other, for six times as many fishies.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

All of those fishies. I need to get more panda corys, they prefer to be in larger groups but all the store had was two, so I'll wait until they restock. I've considered getting a third species, a more colorful tetra, but tetras are harder to maintain and die more easily, so I may just keep getting more danios as well. Get some nice shoaling going on.

Vapes actually commented on the second one I did (below) saying it'd be a good loop, too. Remember when he was active on here for like a month? Damn kid, gotta yank him back in here.

About that shot - GoPro on a kitchen timer. Said timer is in the shape of a camera lens and has a flat top for the camera to rest on top of. This hodgepodge was then set atop my too-nice-for-this-setup Manfrotto tripod.

Last edited by Boter (2015-06-30 01:42:38)

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Now I want a fish tank. Very, very cool. (Also, stop making me want to play Mass Effect again, I don't got time for that.)

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

If/when I add another species of fish I'll do a new video to a different ME cue, just for you.

Are they Gypsy Fish?

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

Also, I kind of want a ten-minute loop of that first shot, cropped into a digital picture frame. Then I'd have my own fishies. Flat frame fishies.

How's this?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/slideserve/thumb1/1_5173852.jpg

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Once upon a time, I had a Swiss Army knife. My dad bought it for me when I was around 10, back when we went fishing from time to time. It was an amazing model called Cybertool with lots of screwdriver capacities, scissors, pliers, stuff. It was a series made for computer hardware work, but it allowed you to do everything a regular SA knife could, and more. Since then it had never left me, and despite losing some of the detachable elements along the way, it held true to the saying that a Swiss Army knife lasts forever.

That is, until the shooting for my graduation film. By some misfortune it fell from my pocket, and I never found it. I was a bit heartbroken, because I always used it, had it for almost 15 years, and as you can guess, I had great emotional attachment to it.

Well, to mark the occasion of my studies being over, my mom told me to get something nice that she'd pay for. So I jumped on the occasion and decided to stop being Swiss Army knife-less. After taking a good hard look at every existing model, I realized that I had no choice but to get a Cybertool again. But better than the previous one.

Introducing my new best friend for (at least) the next 20 years.

http://i.imgur.com/IsVQmWhl.jpg

My first knife had 34 tools, this one has 41. That wood saw does NOT fuck around, lemme tell you.

http://i.imgur.com/7iqzHiJl.jpg

Oh yeah, and the website I ordered it from had a nice engraving option.

http://i.imgur.com/6NgVS4xl.jpg

Basically, I'm happy. It's a little thing, but I was so used to having my MacGyver pocket toolset with me all the time, that I really felt like shit when I lost it.

Now to get a good sharpening stone to make sure my knives are always ready to cut some saucisson slices.

Last edited by Saniss (2015-08-22 14:51:51)

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I'm a firm believer in everyone carrying a nice Victorinox on their keyring. Good man.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

^you got them to engrave your phone number or email address on the back, right ?!  smile

Jason doesn't teleport.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

My name will last 20 years. My phone number and email address probably won't. I'd rather have a customized SA knife that will stay valid forever, even though I completely see the point in having a contact info in case I lose it again.

Last edited by Saniss (2015-08-22 19:04:07)

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I got a BB-8.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Saniss wrote:

My name will last 20 years. My phone number and email address probably won't. I'd rather have a customized SA knife that will stay valid forever, even though I completely see the point in having a contact info in case I lose it again.

I've had my gmail account since '04. That's 11 years, if nothing else tongue

Thumbs up Thumbs down

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/10633429_1103316823023207_5444763230437812770_o.jpg

Last edited by Owen_Ward (2015-09-09 20:45:07)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

My parents brought this back from France for me, he's got a paint chip on his leg but he's pretty sweet. Heavy bastard too, die-cast.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o251/maul2/20150909_152231_zpswtjl9a29.jpg~original

ZangrethorDigital.ca

A buddy of mine got the Kylo Ren one of those, they look pretty cool!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Halo 5 edition Xbox One. Been meaning to get an XBone for a while now and seeing how pretty this one is finally made me cave. It'll be a while until I start any LPs with it, and even gaming (aside from Halo 5 itself next week), though I may test out how extensive its back category is with its faux backwards compatibility.

Edit: Oh and the LED backlighting for the TV. All sorts of effed up but it's great for a bit of extra cool factor playing different games and watching different things.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10409668_610862660954_6425127902111693256_n.jpg?oh=66ad9c8a71e86db8f22cb2809a7a1353&oe=56BAB9EB

Last edited by Boter (2015-10-21 03:45:35)

Oh my greeny days. Too much. Too much. Eyes hurt now. Too Much.

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

2015 Ford Focus SE, 6-speed manual.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/ghIo46O7pII_zUBqR677Ah5JokDv22qCxrSMJBFJZ9pzYDPVwy4HbouJEA8QnsHa714BYqDViHvG1vNwt1wCF90pePm0-jd4rR_3BuwxuSDDCU7H6Std3i7xXsQ--_lh7La8aynEnv46n5HUn0TunEC2wmw7bXPti55-boE4NHD2kFZ6HJGmUaeFxUbU_Xw5K2wsL3lx9Wu6e7ZvV38Db5LKI3n9enAe5NUOyOj1u0UN-Yo2KQxQ6zt7RNnAX6S-qxasr8auei8yPL0iCbbcexLn05FrBRMHDbiH8US9zK_B5LFlYtOYA9LZ7jlgMWyGeKtu7rc7dbFr-rgmS-z5BNNB1xXCs9gZonlBdhrkw5cKQOddXmUAdR6SpW-Bvkzmo6bdgXpwa2oY2sGn2GG4LB9Ys2VQBcfVwDJhZ-keHMeOxMWvg6t3X5kvXHc3qC-kY1d5KUmbzHgCnzFMWxoHDWrEyND1ZzIcbkrMg65X-GAf0SXxyO_C-4PjAUrxuEXMVWVByqjMUs887WYwyyyjmyFcjwyxMXnt4YFWvY-EhE4=w920-h518-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Dg-6ZKLbWIspItdWfiPION7UT3_L6T1zAYlWooH_n9_v7NqcqesvKSwlWI82dGalHTmoCIXXyHKQkWOrG5lfdHM7YIR5ps3Y_kjrgOCJHOIyKeGSL_EnhRfMUH3uITMuJMuxNuNpNURHO2LQTnKKvi87Vm5SWnQ9mwsjMxmHakAHgsvK8JUvyXcEWh1jGJX_CRmQNcIs_LYr4RjLI5ECitr7unMFAWBPGR4pD85nNNcKXgx8Xy2jB50LwwjM6Rs6EGSU4y67moZdWiuTCyVL4irINkRnb7zikdCIB_Ug2kRCAbkV6DjNiZmTyL9qsu0J92l4ZXRgidot_YpAT4pmME_1muNO3DR_FuagGj5fvY2DVb9ggGYq2swAFSY81H-afTYSR0C7OlwCPtR4miRx5z9LRvdwh7PHTMt6T2MWlYL5VLIiOaKeB10Pm3fPAdvceaQgxHsIi0Z3moqHAMmwlpx48C1JJpJ3X_GKIjvJtgAilLzcrNAx3d5tOFiCFVrAXWlsDuYIR34B8Wh-pxlFlOc09o8nE6aozCyS0KF9OC0=w1280-h720-no

Obligatory car selfie (KILLLLL MEEEEEE!!!)
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/CUU7KkUHqipJTjzOvpJS2OzPKYrsqKDIK4tSuR1MKOce-j5faR6RyZ75AvI2lclamMzWf0qX9VXqVkOmHZm4fhwcUi311qJrgk6eiDq6MLgOHwtKbkcvaL72aEH2l8pkPlFgEmlFtdWRlOC4hL-UZ36y1rltfRKMjm54fk97pv-wAi66fcRFIMCzlZcD10e4MuYpafz5-1a5AbyPCcDULa0pSidZm7r7CQj0z6QcYaerS-zsBQbLV1x-3gAR4SeZnA96gIFqBllahHRfmTnIof_vASVtXbRDQjigzIwiQ5ZaQav1d59Gp84PcKcnW-snqf6e4geSgn-K8CWe-wV9fm4sW1xovf6_zGXJZExXY6i7zMVRLjtVMpJ_dB-d4XViz-lKiBUQ71F4LNOsEL32lmoaGDSFuOu4Gew0yBNE9O2jbLendqYB7X2dSGQa-DN9wN-1NpvLSF7VqvaX2QFOTGAAlrh4SlKduweRkLgRv54cNcdrbRsJ89TG8K9v9ONw_9xPzmuyPtLh4VVdQls4b0RYDZtC4zUGHV6o5V2Nbjg=w480-h640-no

I love the accidental glamour blur

Last edited by Writhyn (2015-12-09 21:15:39)

Witness me!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Very nice! Always love me some hatches.

Writhyn wrote:

2015 Ford Focus SE, 6-speed manual.

Nice choice. Those are great cars. And a manual. Every car of my own I've owned has been a manual. I just like that level of control.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

By necessity my last car was automatic. I hated it.

Witness me!

Thumbs up Thumbs down