Topic: In-movie, SW trivia.

Don't Google this, but let me know if you recall.

Return of the Jedi, the room with all the peoples, Endor CG viz, and Han, Chewie, and Leia are sitting there. Luke says "I'm with ya, too!"

Okay. As per your recollection, is the guy with the beard General Nadine, or General Madine?

We've had this conversation, and of the nerds in the convo, only one person got it right. Talk to me.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: In-movie, SW trivia.

Now, as a dude and not the guy there, my full opinion was that Ackbar said "Jen uhr rahll Nay-dine."

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well, for starters the line goes "I'm with you too," but that's just me being pedantic.

As someone who was present for the debate, I'll hold off posting until others have had their say.

Why do I know this? Seriously, why the fuck do I know this? Why is the fact that the dude's name is Crix Madine in my head?

When I was a kid, I had the novelization of Return of the Jedi. Cheap-ass grocery-store paperback edition, tiny print on paper that was mostly splinters. It must've been in there.

Oh, and Uncle Owen is totally Obi-wan's brother, according to the book.

Anyway, he's always been General Madine to me, but Ackbar's kind of a mushmouth.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Madine. Obviously.

And I'm pretty sure the first name is Crix, but I only remember that one because I've played Rogue Squadron on the N64 a lot and he was sort of in that one.

Last edited by Hansen (2010-06-05 14:21:15)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Jeffery Harrell wrote:

Oh, and Uncle Owen is totally Obi-wan's brother, according to the book.

Ah, so I'm not the only one who thought that. I distinctly recall something having this info pre-special edition, maybe the back of one of the toys or a new trading card. Made much more sense then what we got.

(just got a great idea for a fanfic/movie- some time traveler keeps altering the timeline of the Star Wars universe, accounting for ALL the changes over the years!)

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

OH MY GOD NERDS i BET YOU POST ON A STAR WARS FORUM TOO

Last edited by TrowaGP02a (2010-06-05 21:41:03)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

If I'm not mistaken, Obi-wan establishes that Luke was "...sent to live with my brother Owen, on Tatooine..." in the RotJ novelization, when Ben appears to Luke after Yoda joins the force.

In the spirit of this thread, I'll concede that Ackbar's pronunciation does leave doubts as to spelling.  That being the case, if the basis of the question at hand is "what does it sound like Ackbar is saying?" then I have to admit, it could be construed as Nadine.

However, if the question is "what's the guys name?" regardless of Mon Calamari speech impediments and how they might strike any one persons ears, then it is most definitely Madine.

Fun fact according to Wookieepedia, "[Crix Madine is the] first Rebel film character with a speaking role to be killed in the [EU]."

He is killed off in the novel Darksaber if you didn't know.

emfayder wrote:

You're bad at picking what is and is not a spoiler.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Spoiler: Teague is not a natural redhead.

downinfront wrote:
emfayder wrote:

You're bad at picking what is and is not a spoiler.

Everyone dies sometime, Teague. The current Star Wars books are like 150 years post-Yavin.

Posted from my iPad
http://trek.fm

Thumbs up Thumbs down

What? No they're not. The last ones I read were the Civil War storyline, and that everyone's old favorites of Luke, Han, Leia, and Wedge still kicking around. It's like 30 or 35 years post-Yavin IIRC.

I just want to point out that Crix Madine has the kinkiest beard I've ever seen on a white dude.

http://starwars.rossiters.com/images/ro … e06_lg.jpg

- Branco

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I just assumed they spirit-gummed a carpet sample to his face.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Without looking it up or reading the rest of this thread, I knew his name was Crix Madine. I know way to much miscellaneous Star Wars trivia.

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

BrianFinifter wrote:

What? No they're not. The last ones I read were the Civil War storyline, and that everyone's old favorites of Luke, Han, Leia, and Wedge still kicking around. It's like 30 or 35 years post-Yavin IIRC.

Yeah, but how's Chewie doing?

When.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

BrianFinifter wrote:

I guess I was referring to these comics, didn't realize the rest of the series hand caught up yet:

Legacy

Posted from my iPad
http://trek.fm

Thumbs up Thumbs down