Topic: Review 22 Jump Street (Spoilers)

First Off I think for the first time in a while we have a really good comedy sequel no Hangover 2. Miller and Lord delivered in this film and Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum were great by play off of  each others. There was some scenes talking about knowing that this is a sequel and about how usually  sequel are bad. I love how Ice Cube's role is expended in this film.  I Will get into spoilers on Monday after people see it this weekend. All I will say is go see it . I will give it a 8.5/10. SERIOUSLY GO SEE IT THIS WEEKEND YOU WON'T BE DISSAPOINTED!

I'm Batman

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Review 22 Jump Street (Spoilers)

This is a very funny film. It's rare to see a film so gloriously homoerotic that both (a) is aware of that fact and (b) refuses to make homosexuality the butt of the joke.

Last edited by Doctor Submarine (2014-06-15 02:27:57)

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Review 22 Jump Street (Spoilers)

Had a great time with it. I liked the huge amount of meta jokes throughout. Also how it poked fun at sequels in general, so far as to have characters point out how similar the situations were to the previous film.

SPOILER Show
Favorite bits:

• "Look at that office. It's like a cube of ice."

• Maya revealed as Dickson's Daughter, Parent's day, Jenko's realization what happened. All of it had the entire theater roaring with laughter

• Anytime the police chief talked, as he continued to break the 4th wall describing how Jump Street now has a bigger budget and to do the exact same thing as previously.

• The car chase passes by  the Benjamin Hill Center for Film Studies a couple times with some saxophones in the background.

• The Red Herrings tattoo

• The out of no where lobster scene (apparently from Annie Hall) inserted into the "Previously on 21 Jump Street" and later referenced with Zook

Also

SPOILER Show
The overly long credits had me laughing.

• 23 Jump Street: Medical School

• 24 Jump Street: Foreign Exchange

• 25 Jump Street: Semester at Sea

• 26 Jump Street: Arts School

• 27 Jump Street: Culinary School

• 28 Jump Street: Veterinary School

• 29 Jump Street: Sunday School (with Seth Rogan Standing in as Schmidt)

• 30 Jump Street: Flight Academy

• 31 Jump Street: Ninja Academy

• 32 Jump Street: Fireman Academy

• 33 Jump Street: Generations

• 34 Jump Street: Return of the Ghost

• 35 Jump Street: Traffic School

• 36 Jump Street: Military School

• 37 Jump Street: Scuba Class

• 38 Jump Street: Dance Academy

• 39 Jump Street: The Electronic Game

• 40 Jump Street: The Retirement Home

• 41 Jump Street: Magic School

• 42 Jump Street: Beauty School

• 43 Jump Street: Mariachi School

• 2121 Jump Street

I'd probably watch a few of those if they got made :P

Is it as well written as the first? I dunno, tho I dont really mind as I had a blast with it. : )

Protection and power are overrated. I think you are very wise to choose happiness and love. -Uncle Iroh

Thumbs up Thumbs down