Topic: The Forum Crew Database (Who are you and what do you do?)

Seeing as we've got a lot of creative types here, I thought it would be a good idea to put together a little database of sorts which shows just what it is everybody does. This way if somebody is working on a project and needs some extra help, they can check to see if there's anybody here that could do the job.

So if you wanna be added, just reply with what it is you do and I'll add you to the list. Even if it's just something you're interested in doing, whack it up there. I've not really got any voice acting experience, but I'd love to give it a shot. Also, if you wanna make any changes to your listing then let us know and I'll edit the post accordingly.

THE LIST!

Owen Ward - Editor, Screenwriter, VFX, Voice Acting

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: The Forum Crew Database (Who are you and what do you do?)

Name: Teague Chrystie

Forum Alias: "Teague," also Fig, Sack of Shit, Studmuffin, and Booyah Kerfuffle

Skills: VFX, motion graphics, audio fuckwithery, music stuff, Photoshop, balloon animals, directing

Also interested in doing: Voice work, writing, scoring, tutorials, comedy, collaborations

Availability: Pretty wide open for the next month or so, after that it'll be weeknights and weekends

Contact Info: first.last@gmail

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Name: Chris Mack

Internet/Writing Alias: Invid Fan

Skills: writing, various genres. Have actually completed novels. Also, baking bagels.

Looking For: artists for various projects, be it book covers or even story illustrations/adaptations. Prefer writing my own stuff, but willing to helping with yours.

Contact Info: invidfan@gmail

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Name: Erich Longpre

Internet/Writing Alias: fireproof78

Skills: Research, data entry, writing, mainly science fiction or research papers.. Have trained in sword fighting and martial arts. Also willing to review novels/concepts/short stories, or movie concepts/scripts

Willing to learn: better voice recording or voice work, limited PS experience, filmd editing

Looking for: Artists willing to help with concept ideas, help in learning basics of shooting and film editing, people to talk sci-fi concepts with. Willing to help with lots of projects so just ask smile

Availability: limited due to work and school. Depends on the project. Online usually 7-9 PST, more on my days off.

Contact info: thebluejesusfreakATgmail

Edit: quick update for missed entries.

Last edited by fireproof78 (2014-06-29 18:39:26)

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Name: Chris Walker

Alias: BigDamnArtist, Zangrethor Digital (<production company name)

Skills: General filmmakery, VFX, motion graphics, voiceover/voice acting, random practical effects type stuff (props, costumes etc.), making the chatlog read like the diary of a deranged martian

Also interested in doing: Random collabs, reading/noting/commenting on other peoples stuff, cool stuff

Availability: ...not for the foreseeable future.

Contact Info: bigdamnartist@gmail.com

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Name: Graham Warnken

Alias: Darth Praxus

Skills: writing, music (writing, performing, and editing/producing), editing, bits of Photoshop/GIMP wankery

Also interested in doing: random collabs, reading/commenting on other people's stuff

Availability: pretty much whenever until uni begins again in the fall

Contact info: gmwarnken@students.unwsp.edu

Last edited by Abbie (2014-06-29 05:44:12)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Name: Derek Jensen

Known Aliases: Zarban, Tysto

Skills: Audio editing, writing, photography, photo editing, Wordpress/PHP

Also interested in doing: Writing, collaborations, voice work

Availability: Fridays and Saturdays

Contact Info: my forum name @zarban.com, my first name @tysto.com

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Skills: Mathery, Statisticing, Personal finance, Making short movies, Singing in key (soprano or alto), Singing out of key, Ukulele (beginner), Egg shaker (advanced), Changing baby diapers (expert)

Also interested in doing: Voice work now that I have a microphone. I can sing backup!

Availability: Evenings and weekdays during nap time until the Fall.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Skills: electric guitar, mathemagics and stats, coding, awesome origami, a North-East (mockney) London accent, and uh, ecology.
Interested in: I am probably mostly useful for music stuffs, but will happily lend what skills I have in what way I can.
Availability: pretty flexible.

Disclaimer: if you dislike the tone of a post I make, re-read it in a North/East London accent until it sounds sufficiently playful smile

Name: Alex Byzet
Alias: Snail
Skills: umm.. none...
Also interested in doing: I've done some proof-reading, Beta-ing, and constructive criticism... and I'm good to bounce Ideas off of
Availability: anytime
Contact info: slowsnailstudios@comcast.net

"Life is about movies; anything else is a bonus!"- Me   cool

Name: David
Skills: Business development, tender response, presenting, negotiation, project management, resource management, image editing, basic video editing, basic sound editing, basic roto, basic vfx, basic character and facial animation.

Interested in: any project which presents an opportunity to learn something new, or develops an existing skill. I like developing ideas.

Availability: evenings, Australian Eastern Time.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Name: Andrew Bugenis
Gamer/Internet Alias: Boter (also used IRL)

Day Job: Wedding Videographer

Skills: Camera operator, editor, 2D VFX, sounding intelligent (all are subjective)

Availability: Not during wedding season

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Name: Tom Ellingsen

Forum Alias: "Tomahawk" "Vidina" "tomellingsen"

Skills: VFX, Acting, VO, Voice Acting, singing(sometimes in key), guitar, directing.

Also interested in doing: Video Editing, Song collabs, music, video collaborations.

Availability: Evenings and weekends.

Contact Info: firstlast@gmail

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Name: Andrew Morin

Forum Alias: seen to the left with stubborn consistency

Skills: VFX generalism, Voice things, rigging design and construction, camera operation.

Also interested in doing: the impossible, whenever possible.

Availability: Limited evenings and weekends, my prime volunteer years are behind me...for now.

Contact Info: ForumAlias@yahoo.com

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Name: Josh Rosenfield

Forum Alias: Doctor Submarine, Doc Sub, DS, [null]

Skills: Writing, copy-editing. Not a whole lot in the filmmaking department, if I'm being honest.

Also interested in doing: Helping!

Availability: Sporadic. My work schedule is kind of all over the place this summer. But I'm free most evenings for online-type things.

Contact Info: josh.rosenfield9@gmail.com

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Name: Andrew Hays

Forum Alias: switch: karma chameleon

Skills: professional camera operator, video editor, general video production, stage and production lighting, general photoshopery

Also interested in doing: directing and writing

Availability: Weekends mostly, but even that is iffy at this point.  I'm a busy man

Last edited by switch (2014-06-30 15:41:48)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'd really like to write something that then gets shot by someone else and turned into a real short film that would be worth taking to a film festival.

I'd also love to write and shoot some scenes with my 11yo niece and nephew and see it turned into a lightsaber battle with some fun special effects. That would crazy thrill them.

Crazier still, I think I can fund the projects to the level that it's worth someone's time to do it.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Zarban wrote:

I'd really like to write something that then gets shot by someone else and turned into a real short film that would be worth taking to a film festival.

I'd also love to write and shoot some scenes with my 11yo niece and nephew and see it turned into a lightsaber battle with some fun special effects. That would crazy thrill them.

Crazier still, I think I can fund the projects to the level that it's worth someone's time to do it.

I would be happy to assist in the writing of the lightsaber battle, especially with kids. I always wanted to do that with my siblings but never could happen.

If I can help in the writing process, I would be happy to volunteer.

Edit: I do understand that I am not the most experience person in terms of lightsaber combat or choreography, but I have worked on several projects that were terrible. So, I've learned a lot of what not to do smile

Last edited by fireproof78 (2014-06-30 17:45:56)

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Zarban, happy to help roto sabers in the evenings.

For the right script I might be interested in helping to produce, if the intent is to go to market.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Happy to help with / do FX.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Zarban, if you write anything with a sex scene (so, presumably not the project with 11yo niece/nephew), I have a wah pedal, so that's pretty much the soundtrack sorted.

Disclaimer: if you dislike the tone of a post I make, re-read it in a North/East London accent until it sounds sufficiently playful smile

Hmm... if I do an audio book for my Love Unexpected stories, I may have to borrow that.

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down