Topic: Giant forum!

I tweaked things. Clicking "Forum" on the homepage opens a new window, so there's no need to keep the number of topics visible down to five or six, as there was when the idea was to make the forum fit nicely next to the normal homepage content.

Thoughts, more ideas?

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Giant forum!

Love it. My only suggestion now is to widen the forum a bit. I'm not sure what your tools allow, but I'd love to not have pillar-boxing when I'm reading the forum on my iPad.

Posted from my iPad
http://trek.fm

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It seems to default at about 1,200 pixels wide. This is not enough for you?

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Love it, keep it, done.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

downinfront wrote:

It seems to default at about 1,200 pixels wide. This is not enough for you?

My mistake. The problem isn't that it's not scaling, it is that there are black borders on either side of the forum (the aforementioned pillar-boxing). What isn't as noticeable on a larger screen is a little annoying when you're working on a smaller one.

Posted from my iPad
http://trek.fm

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Oh, I see what you mean. The black pillars are a constant size, but the content column in the middle is stretchy-shrinky.

On the other hand, I don't love reading really wide columns of text.

Clearly the only solution is pixels at dawn.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Pixels at dawn is actually clever as shit, if you came up with that.

When.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Gregory Harbin wrote:

My mistake. The problem isn't that it's not scaling, it is that there are black borders on either side of the forum (the aforementioned pillar-boxing). What isn't as noticeable on a larger screen is a little annoying when you're working on a smaller one.

It does that because it was the easiest way to prevent it from breaking when side by side on the front page but still let it scale. Since that is no longer necessary, it could be changed, but I kinda like the look.

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down