Topic: Star Wars Again

Surprise!

Full disclosure, this "Christmas present" episode is actually re-gifted to you from Mike. The main reason we recorded this was so he'd have sumthin' to listen to as he recovers, and we did Star Wars because he knows it like the back of his hand. But, it's a whole new commentary, with no repeat conversations from the first Star Wars commentary, so. Hooray! God bless us, every one.

Also, here's the Auralnauts thing we were talkin' about.

Episode I, Episode II, Episode III.

The thing that cracked me up and became my favorite thing ever, by the way, is the Threepio "storyline" throughout these three videos. The moment that sold me is on Episode I, at 5:40. I quote that all time time now.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Re: Star Wars Again

This was so nice. Just hearing you guys talk about Star Wars again is the podcast equivalent of a warm blanket and cup of hot cocoa on a cold winter evening.

Last edited by Abbie (2014-12-25 21:41:21)

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

Those Auralnauts videos are brilliant.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

Surprise!

Full disclosure, this "Christmas present" episode is actually re-gifted to you from Mike. The main reason we recorded this was so he'd have sumthin' to listen to as he recovers, and we did Star Wars because he knows it like the back of his hand. But, it's a whole new commentary, with no repeat conversations from the first Star Wars commentary, so. Hooray! God bless us, every one.

Also, here's the Auralnauts thing we were talkin' about.

Episode I, Episode II, Episode III.

The thing that cracked me up and became my favorite thing ever, by the way, is the Threepio "storyline" throughout these three videos. The moment that sold me is on Episode I, at 5:40. I quote that all time time now.

Merry Christmas, guys and thank you!

Also, as a bit of a fun laugh (for me anyway, YMMV), is that I decided to look at Trey's Twitter feed (I actually don't have Twitter) and stumbled upon photos of Stansweet and the Tantive IV corridor that Trey apparently saw.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3VHIBiCEAAOSBJ.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3VHbm8CYAAxubF.jpg

God loves you!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

Surprise!

Full disclosure, this "Christmas present" episode

Thanks for the present! Happy Life Day everyone...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-bBc2jYgLwfU/UL6yaBLFQNI/AAAAAAAAG9A/d7zWvAYOczc/s1600/luke.jpg

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I guess I'm gonna have to finally check this one out. Two commentaries means it must be good I guess.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Syncing is a bitch when your only copy (thats isn't a VHS) of Star Wars has 'A New Hope' on the crawl! But, it ain't nuffin we ain't all seen along time ago in a(...(.)) - GREEDO SHOT FIRST?! Here's to this point next year when 'The Fixer' Mike can fix up JJs' SW7.  dorkman

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

This was a delightful, hilarious episode, cheers.

P.S. I loved the midichlorian gag. Though I also kinda like to think that the link between midichlorians and The Force first started 'cause of some Jenny McCarthy type in the SW universe.

P.P.S. Teague, I thought your "only Al Ladd" joke was great.

Disclaimer: if you dislike the tone of a post I make, re-read it in a North/East London accent until it sounds sufficiently playful smile

I FEEL LOVE

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

I FEEL LOVE

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Good movie. Dunno why people don't talk about it more ;P

For the new movies, I hope they show the old characters the same way Avatar* did with Legend of Korra. They up front tell you how the old characters have affected the world, then have new characters in this affected world with a completely different conflict than last time. Then every once in a long while have an old character pop up to point the new ones in the right direction.

Something else LoK did deliberately that I think Star Wars should do too is that they made their new main character the exact opposite of the previous one (but still likable). I dunno, it added a lot of variety and explored really different situations than the old gang would have.

*which is seriously just elemental, martial arts Star Wars. YOU GUYS! I'm not kidding. Push yourself through season 1 goddammit!

Protection and power are overrated. I think you are very wise to choose happiness and love. -Uncle Iroh

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hey FIYH crew...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/a … story.html

Cantina in Florida.

Guys, you spend ten minutes talking about how many pits and falls there are on the death star, and then you ask why all the Stormtroopers are equipped with grappling hooks?

Think about it.  wink

Witness me!

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

One of my favorite things in the Auralnauts parodies is "Master Qui-Gon, I head Yoda talking about midichlorians.  What are midichlorians?"  "It's heroin"   

best indictment of midichlorians ever.  lol    (BTW, spell checker wants to change midichlorians to valedictorians.  I feel like there's a really good joke in there somewhere)

Bloggy:  Inf0verload

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Interesting tidbit: according to Chris Taylor's book How Star Wars Conquered the Universe, the "ellipsis period" thing is a direct homage to the early Flash Gordon films, which had the same thing.

Last edited by Abbie (2014-12-30 05:03:21)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Or just that it's like, proper syntax.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Alright fine, I guess I'll be the asshole here.

What the hell is the difference between an ellipsis and a period anydamnway??

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2014-12-30 04:50:10)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

An ellipsis is a set of three periods ( . . . ) indicating an omission. Each period should have a single space on either side, except when adjacent to a quotation mark, in which case there should be no space.

The period is perhaps the easiest punctuation mark to master. It ends a sentence. Difficulty generally arises only when the period is used with other punctuation marks.

http://www.thepunctuationguide.com/ellipses.html

Also, English is hard wink

Edit: Also, the quest for the four dot ellipsis wink
http://www.dailywritingtips.com/in-sear … -ellipsis/

Last edited by fireproof78 (2014-12-30 05:04:44)

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Doing it with spaces and periods is the MLA style, which isn't taken seriously outside of undergraduate classes. Typographically, any decent font will have an ellipsis as its own character. Alt + ; on a mac, or whatever the Windows alt code num pad semaphore.

Related, three asterisks is called a dinkus.

Really.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://s3.vidimg.popscreen.com/original/25/d2R5Y2xPdnZDQ09ReklRUEpvdGswdzQ3_o_nbc-today-show-the-more-you-know-about-education.jpg

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

This Thanksgiving, when visiting my parents, my mom gave me my original VHS copies of The Trilogy, finding it int he attic. I've been waiting for an excuse to break out my VCR (it's somewhere in my closet), and this is the perfect excuse!

Thanks guys, and here's hoping Mike's recovery is fast.

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

<GEEK_TRIVIA>
The audio track on the "unaltered" 2006 DVD release is not the mono mix, it's the original Dolby Stereo (4:2:4 matrix) mix. It doesn't have the mono additions (like C-3PO's tractor beam explanation and "Close the blast doors!").
</GEEK_TRIVIA>

So honor the valiant who die 'neath your sword
But pity the warrior who slays all his foes...

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

There's a great little character called the "mid-dot" that would be great to use in place of apostrophes, periods, dashes, and ellipses that are now used to indicate letters and words being left out.

can·t, shouldn·t
U·S·A and F·B·I vs NASA and laser
"I'm going..." he said with a dramatic pause, "to the g···d··· basement where I can get some f···in· peace."
We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and ··· on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, ··· fields ··· streets ··· [and] hills; we shall never surrender.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

I just got done watching the three documentaries by Jamie Bennings (https://vimeo.com/32442801). I HIGHLY recommend them. Amazing material. Thanks so much for mentioning them, guys.

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down