Topic: (UPDATED: 4/15/15) I made a Go Fund Me page for my Mom.

(UPDATE: 4/15/15) Mom's birthday is next week (the 21st). She'll be 59. The tumors in her midsection have grown to the point of causing physical pain. It's difficult for her to have a full night's sleep. She says it's like being pregnant, in the sense that her physical appearance and demeanor have changed to represent that.

She's hoping to visit her Doctor in a few days, to see what else can be done. She wants to get a second opinion regarding potential surgery. She does not accept the notion of giving up and throwing painkillers at the problem. Thanks to your generous support, we made it through two terrible snow and ice storms this past winter.

Typically, Mom is able to keep her doctor's appointments through MITS (Mobility-Impaired Transportation Service). Unfortunately, they are suddenly refusing service, claiming her address does not fall within their range of coverage, despite hard, physical evidence to the contrary (especially considering her address has not changed for the two years she's been using MITS).

It's a frustrating issue in which even the doctor has gotten involved, on my Mother's behalf. For now, we must reach out to donors to help  facilitate different avenues of transportation, to ensure she gets the help she needs. Please show your support however you're able, either by donation, sharing the link to this page or both. Any and all gestures are greatly appreciated.
-John

(UPDATE: 3/5/15) Many folks who don't live in Texas, hold the misconception that Texans don't experience the true Winter season. The photo included with this update should put those notions to rest. While it's true that storms like this are rare, they do happen. Before things got this bad, my Mom went out to  go grocery shopping. She got to the bottom of the ramp (pictured) but she slipped on an unseen patch of ice and fell on her back.  Being the stubborn, tough cookie that she is, Mom still went to the store.

This ordeal, along with the harsh weather kept us housebound for roughly a week. We couldn't wait any longer, so we had ourselves a very slow trek to the store. Everything worked out well enough, except I cut up my hands scraping ice and snow from the car's windshield. We're both mended by now, though it appears this lousy weather has decided to stretch into March, for a week at least.

Mom wants me to make it known to her supporters that she does not accept the six month time clock she's been estimated by the Doctors. She intends to attack the future with gusto and high spirits. You folks are a huge part of that. As we begin a new month, your continued support is once again needed and greatly appreciated. Please donate, share the link to this page or both.

Thanks again.
-John

(UPDATED: 2/8/15) My Mom's latest treatment apparently did nothing. They would have to perform major surgery in order to remove the current crop of growths, which wouldn't be worth much, anyway. It seems the cancer cells are regenerating at a fast rate, so no more chemotherapy. The Doctors say, based on statistics, Mom has 6 months left to live. They're going to start Hospice soon, which means they'll be bringing me all her medications, instead of her having to drive out and pick them up. She wants to give me Power of Attorney.

It's a new month, which means I'm asking for support, again. Please help in any way you can, either by donating or sharing the link or both.

Thank you.
-John

It's been at least six months since I last posted in the forums. I'm sorry for my absence. Teague has given me permission to share with you all the Go Fund Me page I made for my Mother, who many of you may know is dying of Cancer. At present, we are categorized as being below the poverty line. I'm hoping that with your support, whether through donation or simply sharing the page with those who are more fortunate, we can get out of our current situation and into better living conditions, where my Mother can spend her remaining time more comfortably.

Thank you.

http://www.gofundme.com/jti3w0

Last edited by johnpavlich (2015-04-15 08:40:43)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: (UPDATED: 4/15/15) I made a Go Fund Me page for my Mom.

Ugh. I'm so sorry you're goin' through this, Pav.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

This exposes the dark underbelly of the American health care system. Things like this shouldn't have to happen. Best wishes, John.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

This is awful, man.  So sorry to hear this.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

So sorry to hear this. sad You, she and your family are in our thoughts.

Last edited by Abbie (2015-01-08 01:56:54)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

My nan passed from cancer in lovely charity run place - St Claires. Not sure you folks have that in the US but what little I've got, and, no matter how much I want to shave in MOvember... I only donate to St Clares for how dignifying they treat my nan. So I, and I no this is no consolation for you, know what your going through. Sorry I can't have chipped in more than 5 bucks but my thoughts are with you. Screwball smile

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

5 bucks is still 5 bucks we didn't have before, so every donation is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the kind words as well, everyone.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

BUMP - To note an update (2/8/15), made in the original post of this thread.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

BUMP - To note an update (3/5/15), made in the original post of this thread.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

BUMP - To note an update (4/15/15), made in the original post of this thread.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm sorry to report that John's mom has passed away after a brief stay in hospice care. My heart goes out to him and his sister and all their friends.

As you may know, John is is on permanent disability. Please consider popping over to the GoFundMe site and showing your support materially or more directly by using his PayPal donation link on the Sofa Dogs website.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

So sorry to hear it. The only thing I can do is offer my sincere condolences to John and his family. I hope they'll be okay.

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thoughts are with him at this time.  That's truly devastating.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Sorry Pav.

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I have no words,.. just that we're here if and when you need to vent...  sad

"Life is about movies; anything else is a bonus!"- Me   cool

So sorry, Pav.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Here's a weird one: John wandered into my dream last night. He was coming to visit for a week or something, and we went white-water rafting.

So, yeah, you're in my thoughts.  smile

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

my sincerest condolences John.

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

So sorry, Pav. That's devastating.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thoughts and prayers for John and his family.  sad

Also, thank you, Zarban, for the update.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

My condolences.  Cancer is always a tough one.  Our family has you in our thoughts as well.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm sorry for your loss, John. Thoughts are with you.

Thumbs up Thumbs down