Topic: The Omega Man

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: The Omega Man

Romantic lead? Willem Dafoe played freakin' Jesus (and, in a way, he was the romantic lead of that movie)!

BTW, Star Trek: Insurrection could be a good WAYDM commentary. So many issues. The outros also make me think that the Captain America movies are interesting candidates.

So honor the valiant who die 'neath your sword
But pity the warrior who slays all his foes...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm sure someone's mentioned these books before, but I wanted to bring up "Pictures at a Revolution" and "Five Came Back" by Mark Harris in relation to the wrap-up portion of the episode.  Trey was talking about motion pictures in relation to WWII and how within a year there were movie made OF the battles, and Brian brought up the idea of propaganda.  "Five Came Back" is directly related to that subject in that it follows five major directors who ended up within the propaganda machine that was the US government, and discusses how that infrastructure was put into place, as well as how it was challenged and evolved over the course of WWII.  It's pretty tightly focused on the directors' experiences (John Ford, William Wyler, George Stevens, Frank Capra, and John Houston) and illustrating it through their documentation and perspectives, but it feels really in depth and is meticulously cited.

The other book, "Pictures at a Revolution" is more tangentially related to the conversation, but it definitely explores some of the theme that was being discussed about the demarcation between 70's-style movies and the earlier studio-produced films.

Anyway, they're both solid reads (I know "Pictures at a Revolution" is available in audiobook) and I was really amused at how tightly they related to the wrap-up conversation.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

If you really wanted it Teague.....
http://www.shockcinemamagazine.com/backissues.html

They have issue 14.....

4:40 starts the short snippet with Goldberg asking Heston if he got any flak for his interracial kiss. Man, I love this video. I can't help smiling. Good moment.

Witness me!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Be careful now, his second amendment right-shoulder pads are filled with guns.   hmm

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down