Topic: Your favorite Terry Pratchett book

On this day, DEATH come for Terry Pratchett. What is your favorite book?

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Your favorite Terry Pratchett book

If you haven't seen the documentary 'Terry Pratchett: Shaking Hands With Death' I urge you to see it. It's a touching documentary on assisted dying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90b1MBwnEHM

Last edited by Regan (2015-03-12 16:47:09)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Such a shame. sad But he went out at peace, in his right mind and on his own terms, which is what he wanted.

I've only ever read Good Omens and The Colour of Magic. Now I definitely need to finally get around to reading all the others I wanted to; Mort, Small Gods, Hogfather, etc.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

And, I hope only for the same for myself. I want to leave this world with the some dignity.   

Mort is up there as one of my favorites. Guards! Guards! was the first I read - introduced by an uncle when I was young and that will always be my favorite.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Never could get into his books, although I did read Good Omens (because of Gaiman, not Pratchett). I did, however, see him at a Worldcon awhile ago, possibly Boston, where he read from an as yet unfinished book (I think it was something about a postman). Definitely an entertaining reader.

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I have several signed first editions. They're now my favourite by default because he touched them, and was sipping banana daiquiri while doing so.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Only one I've read was a gift, Moving Pictures. Thoroughly enjoyed it, though, and it's been too long since I gave it a re-read.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.