Re: Why do I hate The Game of Thrones?

NOPE, I SUDDENLY BETRAY ZARBAN.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

AND I SUDDENLY BETRAY TEAGUE! Ha! YOU THOUGHT I WAS ON YOUR SIDE!

NOPE!

Hey, Zarban. Wanna be allies?

Last edited by Writhyn (2015-03-18 19:19:18)

Witness me!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://i.imgur.com/7E65Wu6.gif

Disclaimer: if you dislike the tone of a post I make, re-read it in a North/East London accent until it sounds sufficiently playful smile

Zarban wrote:

I posted way back when S2 started why I hated S1. Mostly the never-ending assholery of characters even when they wanted or needed something from the person they were talking to. Also: random betrayals. There's a reason why, in real life, people made and fulfilled feudal ties: they are good for business.

I'm guessing the simplification they had to do from the books to the TV show leads to this randomness. The characters still do what they have to do, but we haven't spent 50 pages understanding why they would do it.

Personally, I used to like the show a lot despite the boob time and other money-driven nonsense... and then I got progressively bored with it. The production value is enormous, the acting is just fine... but the directing is dull. When you've read the books, and thus lose the cliffhangery nature of almost everything's that's happening, not much is left. Most of the important spoilery scenes left me with "Oh, ok well that happened". This show just doesn't even try to keep me on the edge of my seat. It goes from one scene to another without much feeling.

I realize also that the universe they built in the show itself has this dullness. The books are gritty, but feel way more fantastical in nature. I really want to hear about old Valyria and the Targaryen lineage from the novels. The TV show version would be like reading about Charlemagne in some history book. Informative, but not very magical.

I'll probably keep watching it, if only for the fact that it looks gorgeous most of the time. That, and characters such as Tyrion I really like to see on screen. Since the show is gradually deviating from the books, it might spark some new interest, but I'd really appreciate it if they actually tried to convince me that what's happening is incredible.

Last edited by Saniss (2015-03-18 20:51:21)

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yeah, maybe it's the condensing of intrigue that makes the betrayals seem random. But it was the self-defeating insults that annoyed me most.

Teague's betrayal certainly wasn't random, tho. I SAW THAT COMING A MILE AWAY AND LAID A TRAP, YOU BASTARD DWARF EUNUCH.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/13/130af24a26349fe429f083467fcde9a7d3a63c68bf8e57c5196134f3fe7bdef7.jpg

God loves you!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Saniss wrote:
Zarban wrote:

I posted way back when S2 started why I hated S1. Mostly the never-ending assholery of characters even when they wanted or needed something from the person they were talking to. Also: random betrayals. There's a reason why, in real life, people made and fulfilled feudal ties: they are good for business.

I'm guessing the simplification they had to do from the books to the TV show leads to this randomness. The characters still do what they have to do, but we haven't spent 50 pages understanding why they would do it.

Personally, I used to like the show a lot despite the boob time and other money-driven nonsense... and then I got progressively bored with it. The production value is enormous, the acting is just fine... but the directing is dull. When you've read the books, and thus lose the cliffhangery nature of almost everything's that's happening, not much is left. Most of the important spoilery scenes left me with "Oh, ok well that happened". This show just doesn't even try to keep me on the edge of my seat. It goes from one scene to another without much feeling.

I realize also that the universe they built in the show itself has this dullness. The books are gritty, but feel way more fantastical in nature. I really want to hear about old Valyria and the Targaryen lineage from the novels. The TV show version would be like reading about Charlemagne in some history book. Informative, but not very magical.

I'll probably keep watching it, if only for the fact that it looks gorgeous most of the time. That, and characters such as Tyrion I really like to see on screen. Since the show is gradually deviating from the books, it might spark some new interest, but I'd really appreciate it if they actually tried to convince me that what's happening is incredible.

I already had my back up about the show - everyone telling me to watch it... I'll watch it in time,  was my thoughts. I would have a more, I think, better attachment to it if had I read the books. Boob time and terrible accents just pushed me further off. I was not ready for my mind to be changed. In that respect, I apologize.

This was mainly a dumb conversation were I stated my dislike, for GoTs'. It isn't for me. (though - Sean Bean... last episode of Season 1 -...peaked my interest). My have been happy cutting the first season - but yeah I would know anyone of them if they did that

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I only watch it because the books aren't gonna be finished until 2025.

Thumbs up Thumbs down