Topic: So, I took Teague's Advice

Hey Everybody,

So, since Teague made a point of extolling the virtues of producing things in the goodnight goodnight episode, and because I have a few more free hours every week than I used to now that my favorite podcast ever is no more, I have started a couple of projects.

First the 90'n90 project. This is an in-progress attempt to preform 90 stone cold sober stand-up comedy sets inside of 90 days, to rehab my act and lose my alcohol performance crutch. It can be kept up with here.  with a description of the project located here. It's turned out to be a lot more involved and interesting a project than I had foreseen.  I am 16 sets deep 14 days into the 90'n90 project, but have only managed to write up 5 of the shows so far, so I have a bit of catching up to do on that.

The other project is a Podcast I have wanted to launch for a long time, called The Oral History Of Stand-up Comedy. We just recorded and released our first episode for today, and though this episode has a very Seattle focus I hope it will have broad appeal to anyone interested in stand-up comedy.

The goal of the project is to get an accurate picture of the inception of Standup as a popular artform from the people who were there at the time when it evolved from a thing that you had to be in an industry city to learn how to do, to a nation wide art form with clubs and open mikes in all major cities in the country. In a future episode I'm going to get to interview a guy who was good friends with and often drove for...LENNY BRUCE! Hot damn!

Feedback on the podcast would be very much appreciated. It's my first go at anything attempting professional audio production.

I bought www.whitman.space to house all my personal oddball projects, so on the off chance these interest anyone here they can always go there for the latest and greatest.

Thanks for taking a look at this post, and if anyone knows how to troubleshoot wordpress being unable to change permalinks please let me know. I have SSH and sudo access to the server which my friend is being nice enough to do hosting on, and there doesn't seem to be a permissions problem with the .htaccess file...and it's driving me nuts.

Goodnight! Goodnight!

--
One Time @ Bland Camp...

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Re: So, I took Teague's Advice

FUCK YEAH MAKE STUFF.

I'm just about to go to bed, but I can't wait to check out this first episode in the morning.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Cool!

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

FUCK YEAH MAKE STUFF!  Which reminds me I need to make...like a lot of stuff right now.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

FUCK YEAH MAKE STUFF is fast becoming a forum slogan - possible T-shirt

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

YEAH MAKE FUCK STUFF!

MAKE STUFF FUCK YEAH!

FUCK STUFF MAKE YEAH!

YEAH STUFF MAKE FUCK!

(added so the post isn't all capital letters!)

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Can we please have a t-shirt with a picture of Teague smirking, with the caption "Make stuff, not war"?

Disclaimer: if you dislike the tone of a post I make, re-read it in a North/East London accent until it sounds sufficiently playful smile

I bought fuckyeahmakestuff.com a few days ago.

For what it's worth.

Back on topic, though! We must listen and opine! The man has fuck-yeah-made-stuffed!

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down