Topic: I miss you guys.

I haven't posted or even visited the site in a long time. I am sorry. And I was surfing tonight, I all of sudden was overcome with missing the Friends in My Head. Anybody else want to reminisce about the good times? I remember being really excited about the approach of Sunday nights. I would be hard pressed to point out a favorite episode. How's everyone been doing? Anybody feel like sharing about their favorite moments from Friends in Your Head?

"Back to the Future is great, and if you disagree then you're Hitler." -Dorkman
"You sucking is canon!" -Brian

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Re: I miss you guys.

Selfishly, any time Teague quoted something I sad in the chat.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I have always been quite partial to Trey's "falling asleep in the water tank" story from The Abyss. And the whole Abyss commentary, really.

I also haven't been over here much.

All things must pass (but I don't want all of them to).

I make music and teach at-risk students.
soundcloud.com/the-one-galen

Thumbs up Thumbs down

If you're all really good boys, you might get a ep7 commentary next year...

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

pimp

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think the Malariathon is where it's at for me. I was there the entire 24 hours, and man, what a day that was.

Also, there's a couple of new podcasts spawned from this very forum, the Extended Edition and Title TK Podcast.

I have absolutely no affiliation with one of them.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

The Malariathon was insane. Every now and then I find myself suddenly realizing that we are insane humans and we did that and what the hell.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

Yeah, there are individual moments I like better but nothing can top the memory of being there for all 24 hours of the Malariathon. Every time I relisten to it it's like taking a journey all over again, it's such a great feeling. Another similar one is Blade Runner—I'm so glad I was able to make it out for what wound up being the final DiF episode, it was an absolute blast to watch and feels incredibly special afterward.

Also, in a weird way, the Great FIYH Wake after the goodbye episode was posted. All of us sitting around and reminiscing in the chat for hours was a comforting and cathartic experience, and while it was an incredibly sad goodbye it was also a fitting one; it felt like we were putting something we loved to bed with a bittersweet smile rather than just being left standing in the rain, Tennantlike.

(And, not gonna lie, like Kyle said—every time I made it onto the show via chat was a wonderful achievement for me.)

Last edited by Abbie (2015-09-09 03:26:48)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I wasn't able to be there for the entire Malariathon, but I was there for a lot of it. But even though the Malariathon was batshit insane and clearly a huge achievement for everyone involved, the Lord of The Rings marathon will always have a special place for me (and not just got I got the fancy circle < for it). It was one of those days that just seemed like a monumental gathering of everything I love about this place banding together to do a crazy awesome thing.

And I imagine that if I hadn't been where I was for the Malariathon, and actually had been able to get excited for it, it would have easily out stripped the LoTR marathon, but as it is, it's just a really really thing that I got to see a bit of live, and enjoy afterwards.

And I absolutely agree with Darth, that post Goodnight, Goodnight reminiscence was bizarrely fantastic. As sad as I was that DiF was ending, I just looked at all of these people that I've grown to know over the past 7 years, some of whom I'm glad to call my friends (Even if they are a filthy Frenchie), and it's hard to be sad in the wake of everything this site managed to do for all of us.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

I miss this place.

I'm posting a fuck-tonne of baby pictures to Facebook. Probably better there than here.

Thumbs up Thumbs down