Topic: Is this thing on?

I don't know about you guys, but I've had a pretty unusually rotten day. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, everybody in the city decided to make it their personal mission to annoy me, and just now as I sat on my balcony a bee the size of a chicken mcnugget took a kamikaze dive-bomb right at my head.

Is there any good conversation to be had on the forum today? Any lively debates about whether astronauts would beat cavemen in a fight?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Is this thing on?

I hardly think that would be much of a conversation. Stone axe versus a torqueless power drill? I think the answer is pretty clear.

But what about when the batteries run out, hmm? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Muscles and anger are the winning combination in the astronaut/caveman debate.

- Branco

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'd go with the stone axe. Longer reach you see.

Does anyone watch the Deadliest Warrior?

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

But the astronaut has brains.

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w324/Tellmyre/Miniatures/KirkGorn.jpg

The Deadliest Warrior is a great concept but there's too much trash talking. I'm allergic to reality TV.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Can you construct some kind of rudimentary lathe?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I love Galaxy Quest references. And I'll always be a minute ahead of you Harrell, always!!!

*ahem*

Last edited by beldar (2010-07-14 05:37:32)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

My money is on the cavemen. They hunted hoofed animals with thrusting spears and wrestled them to death. Unless the astronauts have brought projectile weapons for some reason, it would be a casual slaughter.

Plus, one of the astronauts would inevitably be befriended by the caveman chief's hot daughter and start fighting on the side of the cavemen against the greedy industrialists that sent them on their mission.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Actually scratch that, the astronaut could be Charlton Heston. No chance for the caveman then.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Zarban wrote:

My money is on the cavemen. They hunted hoofed animals with thrusting spears and wrestled them to death.

To this day, some Africans just run the critters down and wait for heat stroke. Then you can walk right up to them. The astronauts have sweat glands and can run as far as the cavemen.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ah, but their muscles are all atrophied from time spent in orbit.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

No, no no no. If the astronauts in question could conceivably meet cavemen, then their ship has artificial gravity.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Artificial gravity? Oh COME ON. Why not just throw out ALL plausibility and realism!?

JESUS.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

beldar wrote:

To this day, some Africans just run the critters down and wait for heat stroke. Then you can walk right up to them.

I did that to a chicken when I was a kid. Very traumatic. Didn't phase grandpa, tho.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Girls are allowed to be Astronauts.

Girls aren't allowed to be cavemen.

I think this debate is over.

When.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

redxavier wrote:

Actually scratch that, the astronaut could be Charlton Heston. No chance for the caveman then.

But in the rewrite, he'd be swapped with Marky Mark.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

What are you talking about?  No one would ever replace Charlton Heston with Marky Mark!  That's crazy!

- Branco

Thumbs up Thumbs down