Topic: CoCo

CoCo was a beautiful movie and if you didn't cry like a bitch you have a no soul.

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good." - Han Solo, Terminator 2: With a Vengeance

Re: CoCo

Not out in the UK for another month. *steam comes from ears*

Hurroo

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I loved Coco. I cried buckets.

Also, I walked away fucking loving all of the traditions.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Regan wrote:

Not out in the UK for another month. *steam comes from ears*

That sucks. It's odd that this kind of delay would affect an English-speaking country. It came out on November 24 here in Poland, despite the necessity of redubbing all the voices.

The movie itself is very solid (Inside Out still remains my favorite Pixar film, though), definitely go see it when it's out.

We all float down here...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

My top five Pixar films is actually six. Incredibles and Monsters, Inc are in constant battle for the number one slot and I think I've decided I love them both equally for different reasons. Otherwise, Inside Out is my 2nd favorite. And it's an extremely close 2nd. Like "Olympic sprinter" close.

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good." - Han Solo, Terminator 2: With a Vengeance

Hard to say where CoCo ranks in my master list. Only because it's so new and hard to compare something new and fresh with movies I've seen a bajillion times.

I can say it ranks above all the Cars films, Wall-E, Good Dinosaur, Brave, and Monsters University for sure. Probably above the first Toy Story film too. After that you're in Finding Nemo/Dory territory and those films are very near and dear to my heart.

Last edited by Kibouchi (2017-12-31 00:54:28)

I know we've done this at some point, but now you've got me thinkin' about it. (As with many intimidating sorting tasks, the trick is to throw down any random title, then pick a second title and put it above or below the first one accordingly, then pick a third and put it where it goes relative to the first two, and then a fourth, etc..)

First, here they all are in order: (Holy shit, Wall-E was half of Pixar ago.)

Toy Story
A Bug's Life
Toy Story 2
Monsters, Inc.
Finding Nemo
The Incredibles
Cars
Ratatouille
WALL-E
Up
Toy Story 3
Cars 2
Brave
Monsters University
Inside Out
The Good Dinosaur
Finding Dory
Cars 3
Coco

And here's my list at the moment:

Monsters, Inc.
The Incredibles
Coco
Finding Nemo
Toy Story 3
Inside Out
Monsters University
Toy Story
WALL-E
Finding Dory
A Bug's Life
Toy Story 2
Cars
Ratatouille
Up
Brave
Cars 2

Haven't seen:

The Good Dinosaur
Cars 3

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Cars 3 wasn't bad.

Tomahawk Ellingsen

www.extendededition.net

MartyJ wrote:

It's odd that this kind of delay would affect an English-speaking country.

It used to be everything got about a 3 month gap between the US and European releases (and then it ended up being The Phantom Menace FFS) but now most things are same day releases (See, piracy can be a good thing!)  but kid's movies are the last to still get these delays, often so it can be released in the local territories school holidays but this just seems to be throw a six to start...

Extended Edition - 140 Solo: A Star Wars Story!
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog