Re: Share your favorite scripts

This is who you are in my head.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That's....pretty awesome big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I posted this in the Alien 3 show notes, but as we have a thread for this sort of thing now...

Here's the evolution of what wound up on the screen.  This is what happens when a studio wants to keep a series going, but doesn't quite know how.  Arguably the same can be said for Indy 4 and Terminator Salvation to name a couple more.

I think it is equally important to understand why the ones that didn't work failed, which is after all, one of the functions of DIF in the first place.

The Alien 3 scripts are all awful in their own way. The climax of one was straight out of the end of Akira, with an alien-style blob-monstrosity the size of a space station.

I remember reading an Indiana Jones script back in high school (10-15 years ago) which had him trying to find Noah's ark or something and there was Hitler's bones... And then another one, or the same one, which had the knights of the round table....Are either of these the Darabont script?

One script I'd love to read is the original Robin Hood - the one everyone loved that was rewritten and butchered by Ridley Scott and Russell Crowe.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Darabont script; direct link from MyPDFScripts.

redxavier wrote:

I remember reading an Indiana Jones script back in high school (10-15 years ago) which had him trying to find Noah's ark or something and there was Hitler's bones... And then another one, or the same one, which had the knights of the round table....Are either of these the Darabont script?

No, The Darabont draft was written in 2003, There was an earlier script for a third film written by Chris Columbus called Indiana Jones and the Monkey King, but that doesn't sound like it.

I know there have been a couple of attempts by wannabe screenwriters who wrote their own scripts and tried to pass them off as legitimate sequel scripts to try and make a name for themselves however.

The 'Social Network' script has popped up online, I'm in two minds about reading it.

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

I read that one about a year ago, I liked it alright. (But I liked Pirates of Silicon Valley.)

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Pirates of Silicon Valley is no joke.  I like that film a great deal.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

redxavier wrote:

One script I'd love to read is the original Robin Hood - the one everyone loved that was rewritten and butchered by Ridley Scott and Russell Crowe.

Bam, said the lady.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I salute you good sir.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Similarly, does anyone know any websites that have pitches and show bibles for television, particularly for sitcoms?

I found a good site for TV pilot scripts and stake a claim to the Community pilot being a personal favorite: Link.

Last edited by Brian (2010-10-22 01:09:33)

I remember coming across some show bibles on a script site in the way-back, like 1996. It was interesting to read the show bible for Tales from the Gold Monkey, a short-lived Indiana Jones-type show that I enjoyed in the '80s.

I also recall an Indy 4 script from the same period, set in the '50s, involving Russians and vampires that was pretty good but might have been non-pro work.

But I haven't read scripts for years now. I'm interested in your program and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Jeffrey or anyone else who applies, could I read A Topiary? juanvargasbno@yahoo.com
That would be awesome and I would thank you forever.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Dude. Don't do this to yourself.

I'm here for you when that script gets finished having its way with you.

Also, welcome to the forum, sir. smile

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Stanley Kubrick's unfilmed Napoleon from 1969. At the top of his game, he spent years researching, it's a shame he couldn't get it made.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Is that the one that ends with Napoleon crowning himself emperor in Winchester Cathedral?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm only halfway through it, the first time i'm reading a script. It's very visual, the first third has lots of quick scenes showing defining moments with VO by both a narrator and Napoleon.

It also has 9yo Napoleon saying "fuck off", and pretty ladies at a party "with their breast completely exposed which was the fashion at the time."

Thumbs up Thumbs down

anybody locate the Black Swan script?  I'm at work so I can't really go into a dense interwebs search for it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Three drafts available:

http://www.mypdfscripts.com/index.php?s=Black+swan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thank you Mr. Scott.  I appreciate it!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Any scripts you guys would recommend that were from badly written flicks?  I'm trying to find stuff that's an example of what not to do in a movie script...  For example, i would love to find the spider man 2 and spider man 3 script.  That way I learn what subtext is NOT.

Would love to hear what the DIF panel has to say here.

Last edited by switch (2011-02-05 11:03:28)

Thumbs up Thumbs down