Topic: Captain Bumout

This is a song from my friend Chris "Cage" Palko's last record, the music video was directed by Steve Reedy (DIF's The Fountain, The Truman Show), FX supervised by me (with a good deal of FX by me,) and featuring Matt "Fayda" Vayda as a douchebag. See if you can spot him.

Do me a favor and load it up at 480p or higher (1080p is quite nice, ya know) and wait for a sec. We worked on it for six months, the least you could do is see it in high rez. smile

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Captain Bumout

There are loads of cool effects, but I had to watch it a couple of times just to pay attention to them. The direction and performance are pretty compelling.

• "Last" or "latest"?

• Was any of this shot upside down and backwards in a water tank?

• Is Matt the bald douchebag in the spangled shades?

• Is Cage from Jersey? Or does he talk that way on purpose?

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

1. Huh?

2. Some of it was shot in a water tank.

3. Matt is wearing sunglasses in the video and looks like this.

http://imm.io/media/1Z/1Zy9.jpg

4. Cage is from New York. His voice is not affected in this song, that's just how he talks.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Last as in newest.  You can follow Cage at @Cagewm

I had a great time helping out at this shoot.  I figured it would be standard extra work; a lot of standing around until you're needed, and while there was plenty of that, there were so few of us that we all wound up filling in here and there.  I even got to puppeteer some of the practical tentacles!  So yeah, good times, good people, glad to finally see it in all it's glory.

And no, my glasses didn't need any extra bling.  That's Alex Pardee in the hat in the background, responsible for some of the artwork in the upcoming Sucker Punch.  Didn't get the girls name, but I think she's a comedy writer.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs574.ash2/149657_454164665772_507510772_6133427_8294445_n.jpg

For more behind the scenes pics, click here.