Topic: Hulk

Hulk is one of those things that you can’t deny exists. It’s like a relative with a drug habit. It just is, and it’s awkward for everyone. This week, because we needed someone with a little comic perspective, we went in for a classic Jake Lloyd episode. Jake does admirably in the face of a movie that is confusingly bad. Why doesn’t it work? What the hell happened? We think we know. We’re just those kinds of assholes.

Also, please give feedback on this audio file. This is our first experiment in SURROUND-O-VISION, and the stereo file places the four panelists around you exactly as we sit at the table. You’re between Brian and Dorkman.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Hulk

Since SURROUND-O-VISION didn't catch on, and I had work to avoid doing today, I present Hulk, restored to normal stereo.

This was a terrific! I liked this pretty well when I saw it and was surprised when others didn't, but I could accept it. The reboot with Norton didn't do much more for me, so I was surprised when it got much better reviews.

I really liked the observation that the film's main conflict is internal with only a secondary external conflict, which is just backwards for a genre film. And the Nick Nolte jokes were fun.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Given how much Teague complains about the color of the Hulk in this episode, you should see what he's sent to a client this week.

Last edited by paulou (2014-10-31 15:26:45)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'll have everyone know that I hate my life.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

<3

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

I'll have everyone know that I hate my life.

Shhh, here you go. It's all good now.

http://www.hallisseybarnet.com/images/house%20carpentry%201.jpg

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Stuart Lee recalls interviewing Ang Lee after the release of Hulk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHC13MYcrR4

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down