Topic: Wanted?

Pftthahahaha.

It would have been pretty ridiculous if I had hidden a link to the awful, dead on arrival Shawshank commentary in the post for Wanted.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Wanted?

Wait a second. Now I—wait. Did—

Huh?

Posted from my iPad
http://trek.fm

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I forgot that Miki totally blamed the chatroom for ruining the Shawshank commentary by not allowing the panel to do Morgan Freeman voices the whole time.

You should have kept the following couple of minutes when you seized upon doing Wanted. It was like the panel grabbed a life preserver. "YES! Wanted! We'll do that instead! OH THANK HEAVEN!"

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Absolutely fucking everything about Wanted is awesome.  It's covered in grease, but that grease is explosive, makes excellent anal lube, and god damned delicious.

He shoots a man in the eye, shoves the gun into his blown out brain, and fires through the back of his head while sprinting down a hallway holding the corpse as a shield.  If you don't like that you are a walking goddamned ovary.

When.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Oh wow, I so wish i could have been in the live chat, that was amazing!  I havn't enjoyed a commentary that much a while! MOOOOAR!!!

ZangrethorDigital.ca

"This movie is a big, steaming pile of shit!" - Brian Finifter

No, no. THIS. This, quite specifically is the SCREAMING pile of shit I drew about a while back. Here you go, Trey! Now you get it IN MOTION! smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Wanted: The Movie is rubbish, Wanted: The Commentary is awesome! Had a great time that night, the after-comm stuff was fecking funny big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

HOLY SHIT!!! I just now noticed that the poster on the main page for this commentary is actually The Shawshank Redemption with Wanted on top of it, in awesome photoshop spectacularity!!!! SWEET!!!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Enjoying this one guys.  I saw Wanted in theaters, but haven't seen it since.  I don't recall the scene where multiple bullets impact the same target at the same time (is that how it goes?), but while that would indeed be impossible for small arms it is totally doable with artillery (my old job).  You have to move really fast, but here's the way it works:

The first round is fired with a lot of propellent, at as high an angle as possible so you get a nice high parabolic arc.   Subsequent rounds are fired at lower and lower angles, with lower and lower powder charges.  I don't recall how many rounds can be fired like this, and it would depend greatly on the range of the target, but yes, it is possible for one gun to fire multiple rounds that all impact the same target at the same time.

Carry on.

Vayda for the win. Bam.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

I had never seen Wanted up until now.

I regret everything.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Someone should post the hour of showtunes and sing-a-long that followed the commentary. I wish I had had the foresight to record it myself. Shame on me.

I'd never read the books and went into the theater for this only knowing that there was going to be a train part, a part where a guy jumps out of a window and a lot of guns and car chases and stuff. I walked out wondering why the hell they had tried to throw all this mystical magical weaver BS into a movie that was primarily marketed as "People shoot each other in slow motion". I recall a review for this film that called it "The Matrix for Fast and Furious fans." Having never seen the fast & furious films, I have no idea how accurate that was. I thought it was OK for a big dumb action movie. It has a certain cheesy quality to it that I kinda dig, but then, the previous films this director has made have that same sort of cheesy quality.

I'm kind of a fan of the "______ Watch" films, tho. They are goofy and weird and cheesy and stupid and over-the-top and fun. A lady does a high-speed car drift across the front of a building in Day Watch. I feel like this film was trying to do that sort of shit, but in a less OTT way, like the guy thought "no, we can't do that...  that would just be silly."

Remove the loom stuff, make it a simple revenge flick, crank up the crazy shit and make the action sequences have consequences for the good guy or the bad guys and you've got a movie I'd like. The main problem with the movie is that the action scenes don't really have an impact on the plot until the very end. It's just stuff they do to show off what awesome assassination skills they have. The first 3/4 of this film could have been replaced with a Star Wars style text crawl.

Or you could just do what they did in the comics. The comics described in the commentary sounds like it would have made a cool flick.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The movie is 18 tons of awesome. I loved it from beginning to end. Hell, I even loved the video game.

*jingles car keys in front of dkcecil *

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg84/scaled.php?server=84&filename=trwned.jpg&res=medium

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

nice macro of trey there teague.  This commentary was awesome!  I started watching the live show for this one just as they were about to start.  I believe there was some problem withe recording the after party, but man! it was a blast!  Funniest 3 hours of my life!  watching trey sing movie songs to the tune of "the times they are a changin' " was so funny.  And miki, is that tatoo somehow related to Zelda?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I saw the movie in the cinemas. It opened with NIN. Everything else is a blur until we see Angelina JolieJ's bum.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Can I please just call Brian out for his pronunciation of Tudyk. I mean really dude, whaaa?

ZangrethorDigital.ca

maul2 wrote:

Can I please just call Brian out for his pronunciation of Tudyk. I mean really dude, whaaa?

If we start calling Brian out on things, where, really, will it end?

Posted from my iPad
http://trek.fm

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Trey wrote:

*jingles car keys in front of dkcecil *

(oh snap, I've been Trwned) smile

hahahahaha, yeah that is probably the best way to describe the movie

I've always had a soft spot for over the top action films. Commando, Universal Soldier, District B-13, Independence Day, Shoot 'Em Up, etc, etc.

This is a movie I would put in the "entertainment" category and not the "quality" one.

I am so adding that to the emotes when I get some free time today. Expect trwned by the end of the day.

"Most people don't even know what sysadmins do, but trust me, if they all took a lunch break at the same time they wouldn't make it to the deli before you ran out of bullets protecting your canned goods from roving bands of mutants."

-- http://stilldrinking.org/programming-sucks

To the jingling keys argument I can say only this- which is the better sex, the sex that has dynamic characters and a story to tell or the sex that feels like a Michael Bay movie with less reverence?

When.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I like this movie; I enjoy it.  My excuse, there were many people out there that applauded at the end of the Transformer movies. However, as soon as a guy took a running leap out of a window while firing pistols, I was no longer taking anything seriously.

I don't care what you say, I will continue to like this movie, however I did enjoy your commentary.

Last edited by FireFighter214 (2011-07-12 17:22:19)

"Back to the Future is great, and if you disagree then you're Hitler." -Dorkman
"You sucking is canon!" -Brian

Thumbs up Thumbs down

trwned

This might be my favorite (: holden : is still pretty hard to beat).

"Most people don't even know what sysadmins do, but trust me, if they all took a lunch break at the same time they wouldn't make it to the deli before you ran out of bullets protecting your canned goods from roving bands of mutants."

-- http://stilldrinking.org/programming-sucks

My wife and I saw Wanted a few months ago, and thought it was good-looking, car-crashy stupid, with a capital duh, that we'll probably never see again. She liked some of the Elfman.

When Jolie scoops McAvoy up with the car, we both said "oops, two broken ankles."

At the end, we both said "so, why where they paying attention to the loom, again?"

BTW, in the podcast, did anyone say Wanted 2: Electric Boogaloom?  Just checking.

Also, after a comment from Trey, I suggest the default title for any even-stupider sequel to a stupid movie follow this pattern: Wanted 2: Bag of Hammers.