Re: Halp. (The DIF 3.0 Video.)

You should stitch those all into one long string. Also, listening to them just makes me miss Dorkman more.  sad

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Agree on both counts.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

ShadowDuelist wrote:

You should stitch those all into one long string. Also, listening to them just makes me miss Dorkman more.  sad

Teague wrote:

Agree on both counts.

I'm not saying I had anything better to do tonight.

What I am saying, is that manually downloading 120 links while listening to the Deadpool soundtrack was far preferable to what I was actually supposed to be doing tonight.

Fun Fact of the night: All of those clips equal 3 hours and 25 seconds worth of audio.

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2016-03-23 08:07:25)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

So let's all just go ahead and agree to call this a first draft. it's all there, roughly randomized the extent of me pulling random clips and assembling them in an order with the sole goal of not being directly next to a clip of the same movie.

If I get reeeeaaaaaaal ambitious I might try and figure out something to transition between clips, and maybe make titles for movies, but it's entirely possible that's my sleep deprived brain making promises I can't keep.

But for those with the desire, I present the 3 and a bit hour master cut of the Best of (most) of FIYH.

EDIT: ANd since apparently Soundcloud gets pissy if you try to upload a 3 hour long clip, I've switched to youtube until something better comes along.

Video is uploading now, should available shortly.

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2016-03-23 09:22:09)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Big effort. I'm confused - is it random clips or a curated 'best of'?

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Nice, man. Thanks!

EDIT: My only editorial thoughts are that the first clip isn't particularly funny and kind of overstays its welcome compared to most of the other clips (maybe could get out right after "cinematic spoodge Phantom Menace"), and that transitions would be good. I whipped this up just now if you wanna do sumthin' with it.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

While we're putting all these best-of bits in one place, there's also a one-hour stringout of clips (some of which are contained in the above list / BDA stringout) that I originally made as a thing to play before the Malariathon livestream and then re-used for the LCC12 livestream. I have it as an audio file somewhere, but you can also just listen to the first hour of this video. I think it starts about sixteen seconds in.

Also got these on the FTP:

Ryan's DIF Mashup Year 1 — Clean-ish
Ryan's DIF Mashup Year 1 — Rude
Ryan's DIF Mashup Year 2

Shit, while I'm collating bits and pieces, if anyone wants to make their own something-or-whatever-this-seems-like-a-stretch, here's some other things that were on the FTP.

"Down in Front" Theme
"Down in Front" Theme — Remix
"In Horrifying Technicolor" w/o vocals (gets used as an alternate theme sometimes)
"The 'What Are You Doing Movie?' Archives" Ident
DIF Theme "Transition" Sound Effect (made for BDA's thing)

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +4 Thumbs down

Who did the "WAYDM archives" recording? She's got an awesome voice for that.

Witness me!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Oh yeah, for real. That's Wren, she's a rad makeup artist — with no previous voice experience, to my knowledge — that I was dating during the whole DIF/WAYDM trademark kerfuffle. I had been thinking she had a great radio voice even before I suddenly needed ident stingers to rebrand old DIF episodes as WAYDM/FIYH episodes, and after we laid them down it was clear that she totally does.

Here's yet another person saying so, too. Instinct re-justified. cool

Emulating one of those real-radio-sounding idents makes for an interesting project, by the way.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thank you, Teague. Here I was just thinking I needed more Friends in my Head and this is great smile

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Is BDA's compilation broken for anyone else? It won't play for me.

-Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

ShadowDuelist wrote:

Is BDA's compilation broken for anyone else? It won't play for me.

Still works for me. Are you trying to watch the embed, or on youtube?

ZangrethorDigital.ca

I've tried both, neither will do anything besides load/spin.

Edit: Suddenly working, don't know why.

Last edited by ShadowDuelist (2016-03-25 04:17:42)

-Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Youtube be weird.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

YouTube's been doing that on my computer at work - sometimes it'll play something, other times you have to wait on the page for half an hour. (Seriously, left the tab open and forgot about it, all of a sudden Peter Hollens is blasting into my ears while I work on a wedding video.)

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

No that's just Peter Hollens

Witness me!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Yeah, dude came up behind me with fifty clones of himself and just started belting out "Let It Go".

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Could have been worse...could have been something from Bieber wink

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down