Topic: Any Commentaries You Won't Listen To?

I'm trying to listen to as many commentaries as I can this weekend.  I've identified three movies that are so special to me I refuse to listen to what anyone else has to say about them.

Fight Club, Seven, and for whatever reason, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.  I don't even think Spotless is that great, but it hit me viscerally when I first watched it.  I was surprised when I couldn't pull the trigger on that one.

The reserve is some mix of not being able to participate in the conversation, dismay at the reality of not being the only person to have insight on Fincher, and this: 

http://www.theonion.com/articles/i-appr … -th,16208/

I also hesitated for a long time on Ghostbusters.

Anyone else encounter this really weird roadblock?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Any Commentaries You Won't Listen To?

When first discovering the podcast, I did pass on any film I really had no interest in watching. Especially those that you really have to see unspoiled to get the full effect. Once I was caught up, however, I eventually went back and just watched them with the commentary and said screw giving the film a chance smile

About the only time I had reservations about listening to the commentary of a film I liked was Avatar, but that didn't stop me from giving it that first listen.

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Pan's Labyrinth kinda hurt me cause I love that movie and it was universally panned in the commentary. It was still entertaining and funny, tho, and they made some really good points about the film's negative aspects and they discussion about possible ways to fix it and different takes on what could have been done with the idea was interesting. I'd say you should watch them, cause there's probably a lot of general talk in them that's interesting but doesn't actually have much to do with the movie. A lot of the derailed conversations are interesting.

I haven't done a few of them simply because I don't have the films on DVD and netflix doesn't stream them and I'm too lazy to download them and I'm too cheap to buy them.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think I've listened to pretty much them all (incl a few live ones after finally working out the English / USA time conversion thingie), but one commentary I won't be listening to is UHF (that recent Wild Al thing). Not cos I don't want my view of the film shattered by the panel, but because the trailer has one of the kids spitting on the star. While I have no problem with graphic violence and foul language (rock on), the whole phlegm(?) in the face thing really grosses me out, and thus turn me off from watching the movie. Although iirc both Planet Terror and Showgirls having such scenes and I'd watch those again, so i guess I just one big o'hyprocrite.(?)  roll

Jason doesn't teleport.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Fair, the movie is literally nothing but that happening over and over again.

smile

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I have yet to listen to the Mulholland Drive commentary as I have no desire to see the film. I have seen the lesbian scene, that's enough big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yeah. You can...yeah. Don't worry about it.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

Fair, the movie is literally nothing but that happening over and over again.
smile

literally ???    tongue

but thanx for reinforcing(?) the correctness of my decision - spitting in peoples faces / peoples face is just icky.  mad

Jason doesn't teleport.

Thumbs up Thumbs down