Re: Sad Max

Teague wrote:

The easiest song is Doritos....

Enough already with the DORITOS® FIERY FUSION® Sizzlin' Cayenne & Cheese Flavored Tortilla Chips snack food viral marketing!

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Teague wrote:

Conscious decision. Been there since jump. Why?

Jus curious about other peoples process.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Zarban wrote:

Enough already with the DORITOS® FIERY FUSION® Sizzlin' Cayenne & Cheese Flavored Tortilla Chips snack food viral marketing!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-QAwrOpClpaA/TaeryxC5BZI/AAAAAAAAAII/XX9NE1-8aOg/s1600/colbert_doritos_jacket.jpg

My Original Soundtracks folder now has a new folder named Teague Chrystie, sitting right next to John Williams. You sir may be proud of you.

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well that's not fair.

smile

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Quick question: are you planning on releasing subtitles for Sad Max?

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

No... should I?

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think it wouldn't hurt. Non-english people could then enjoy it, and even others might find it helpful.

At least for the musical parts, which you could consider then as lyrics, if it fits with the way the film goes. It's your call.

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think google's 1,000 monkeys auto caption service is far more entertaining.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Haven't said here yet what a great piece of work this is. A lot of the more desparate deadpan glances and pauses are super effective. The songs are a lot of fun, I've been stumbling around trying to learn them. Stumbling per my suckitude, not the teachings.

Teague - funny you mention Ben Folds in the tutorials, your teaching style is crazy similar. He does a couple artist walkthrough lesson things in Garage Band. Will show you some time.

By accident last weekend, this was the first of two filmed things I saw about the death of a pianist. Saw Zulawski's The Blue Note, about the last couple days of Chopin's professional life before he went off to retire and writhe in pain until his body rotted out. There's a lot of similar stuff about artists fighting to make a supreme personal expression on a literal deadline. Couldn't help but think of Max in the dark while watching this thing. Happenstance double features be funny sometimes.

Read some: 

http://theobscenemirror.blogspot.com/20 … -blue.html

Watch some:

That first shot! Fuck yeah! Vomiting blood on a piano! Some of the movie's nutty dream-like-that, but the tone overall is much more this:

But all through the last few minutes, couldn't help but draw comparisons between Disproportionately Happy and:

Last edited by paulou (2012-12-17 20:26:48)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Finally got round to watching Sad Max and I had a great time with it. I think the site is fantastic too, the MP3's are brilliant and I really enjoyed reading the About section.

Oh and of course...GARY, NOOOOOO!!!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I love the taste of apoca-chips on my apoca-lips in the morning. Thumbs up Teague!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thanks lady. smile

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Just fyi, when i tried to transfer the MP3s to my mp3 player (A sansa fuze) the only one that retained the metadata was Literally. The rest just have the title and everything is blank.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Clearly your Sansa Fuse was unable to deal with that much awesomeness at once. The one track it did process correctly was just too much for it to bear. Next time, try loading one track, then wait ten minutes or so and let it recover some strength and load the next, etc.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

yikes
OH I JUST GOT IT "SAD MAX" IT"S LIEK "MAD MAX"
lol

/i am an idiot

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Thanks for the write-up on the site, Zarby.  smile

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

So, are you planning on doing any other musicals/songs in general down the road?
'Cause I think I could use some more Teague songs in my music library.

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

TheMargarineMan wrote:

So, are you planning on doing any other musicals/songs in general down the road?
'Cause I think I could use some more Teague songs in my music library.

THIS. SO SO SO VERY THIS.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Definitely want more Teague songs in my iPad....  big_smile

"Life is about movies; anything else is a bonus!"- Me   cool

Ha! Well, Sad Max is my second musical. It's just the first one I filmed. There's a whole movie and soundtrack that doesn't technically exist right now, but is a real thing.

I'm probably gonna do more, just not on any sort of pre-programmed basis. I can tell you that I got more out of Max than I thought I would, and am energized and feel re-assured to try another one.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I fuckin' love this thing. I'd share it more, but I think most of my friends have already seen it.

And, am I the only one to notice how Tennant-inspired your act is?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Did I just get compared to Joss Whedon and David Tennant within 24 hours?

I'm having a good day.  smile

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

I'm probably gonna do more, just not on any sort of pre-programmed basis. I can tell you that I got more out of Max than I thought I would, and am energized and feel re-assured to try another one.

Excellent.

Another question. If you were in the same situation as Max, would you have done things the same?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Probably not, no. I'd be spending my time trying to safely determine what the hell happened and why I lived. Hazard a glance or two out the upstairs window to see what the world looks like, and hopefully divine what I'd be dealing with outside. Fallout? Fire? Winter? Zombies? Then use the information I have to MacGyver together the best protective clothing I can, and make a sprint for somewhere better for the long haul. If I made it there okay and a few days later I didn't show obvious signs of damage from the trip, then I'd start thinking in terms of finding other people.

Max didn't do the protective clothing thing, and it was foolish of him to come back home instead of just stay where the food was, but he had a fish and a musical to worry about.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down