Topic: Worst Movie Ever Made (In Your Opinion)

There are a lot of ways to judge this, but all things considered, Melancholia is the worst film I've ever seen.  And I'm not a Lars hater or anything.  5 Obstructions was fun, and Anti-Christ had some great things going on.

But Melancholia.  Damn. 

I want to explain why, but it seems so self-evident that I don't know how.  I shouldn't have to.  Just like I shouldn't have to explain why AIDs or school shootings are bad.  Those are just bad things, okay?

Last edited by oTom (2012-01-09 03:56:41)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Worst Movie Ever Made (In Your Opinion)

I can't pick just one because I have to make a distinction between terrible high budget films with a wide release and terrible indy flicks that cost like three thousand bucks that nobody has ever seen. Having said that, the worst film I've seen that actually got a wide release is Battlefield Earth. The worst low budget stinker I've seen is Manos: The Hands Of Fate. Speaking of which, I implore everyone to check out this website:

http://www.manosinhd.com/

i have to agree with Ewing... Manos: The Hands of Fate is the worst movie ever. Even the MST3K version is barely watchable with out bursting into tears of boredom and grief for the human race.

"Life is about movies; anything else is a bonus!"- Me   cool

iJim wrote:

I want to explain why, but it seems so self-evident that I don't know how.  I shouldn't have to.

Meditate on it and come back. I want to know what you think. Still haven't seen it, but I've heard only positive-to-neutral things from everyone I heard from.

As far as my worst movie ever, I'd similarly have to think about it for a while. A truly awful movie is one that makes no impact on you whatsoever, so I'd have to dig in and think about what was the most inconsequential film-going experience I've ever had.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"Doug's First Movie"

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Superman IV: The Quest For Peace.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Honestly? The Last Airbender. And I'm not fucking around or anything. I'm dead serious.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Highlander II: The Quickening is a good contender for the worst movie ever made. Is there a movie more incompetent than this one? It's like Ed Wood with a big budget.

Last edited by Xtroid (2014-04-29 08:37:27)

Apparently there is a 5 hour long cut of Heaven's Gate out there. How is this possible?

If by "worst" you mean which movie I totally despise and were anyone to buy it for me I'd punch them in the head, then Friday 13th (2009).  mad

Jason doesn't teleport.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The Friday the 13th reboot is shite, I agree, but Julianna Guill has a nice pair of....ummmm.....eyes.....   roll

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Not even a great pair of baps will remove this from my "should be obliterated" list (of which it is the sole entry) (and this is coming from a huge huge F13 fan who wouldn't do away with ANY of the first 11, even No5 with [spoiler] cos it lead to the awesome No6 with [epicreturnspoiler] and even No9 which was meh until the end with [spoiler]. All those I own on DVD, all original, shop bought. But the 2009 movie needs to just die.

Last edited by Fido (2012-01-09 17:31:58)

Jason doesn't teleport.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

She does have a great pair though. Natural too.....(rushes to watch the clip online....)

I do agree with you, the film is beyond bad.

Last edited by Jimmy B (2012-01-09 17:44:17)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Big Budget movie: The Last Airbender. If you had asked me a few years ago I probably would have said Battlefield Earth or Pluto Nash.

Little Budget movie: Infection/Invasion

If you think Manos is boring, well...  at least there's stuff happening on the screen. Invasion's footage comes solely from a police dash cam. That in itself is a neat idea, but the whole movie is set out in the middle of nowhere, so you rarely see anything more than woods and dirt road. The car gets parked for long stretches with nothing going on in front of it. It's more like a radio play than a movie, and the 'acting' is either hysterical teenage girl screaming or stoic police officer or 1950's era cheesy voice effect. There are maybe 4 major speaking roles, but the screaming teenage girl is the main star and thus receives the bulk of the dialogue.

Directed by the guy who directed Captain America. No, no...  the first one. With Reb Brown.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

From people who should know better? Transformers 3. I'm geniunely shocked at how this got to release in its current state.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The car kicking scene in Transformers 3 was worth the price of admission for me.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

redxavier wrote:

From people who should know better? Transformers 3. I'm geniunely shocked at how this got to release in its current state.

DEEP WANG.

Ugh.

I saw Lifeforce in the cinema when it came out, at a time when I was keeping notes and writing little reviews. I wrote in my notes: "the worst film I have *ever* seen." I don't recall feeling that way about a movie since.

Haha, I love Lifeforce.

Leonard Maltin sums up my feelings on the film perfectly.

Last edited by Xtroid (2012-01-10 00:39:57)

Ditto.  Lifeforce is jaw-droppingly wacko, but it has a lot of genuinely funny/twisted and scary moments.  I'd rather watch an at-least-they-tried-something misfire like Lifeforce than yet another rehash of Pirates of the Caribbean or Transformers, etc.

Also, Lifeforce is probably the only chance you'll ever get to see Patrick Stewart kiss another dude.  (At least that I'm aware of.)

Trey wrote:

Ditto.  Lifeforce is jaw-droppingly wacko, but it has a lot of genuinely funny/twisted and scary moments.  I'd rather watch an at-least-they-tried-something misfire like Lifeforce than yet another rehash of Pirates of the Caribbean or Transformers, etc.

Also, Lifeforce is probably the only chance you'll ever get to see Patrick Stewart kiss another dude.  (At least that I'm aware of.)

And there's Mathilda May...

http://basementrejects.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/lifeforce-mathilda-may.jpg

Last edited by Xtroid (2012-01-10 01:07:28)

Oh, indeed there is.  (I only left that out so it'd be a nice bonus for anyone who decided to check it out.)

Trey wrote:

I'm sure you could find Captain Picard doing much more than that to another guy if you looked around on the internet for 5 minutes.

Doctor Submarine wrote:

Honestly? The Last Airbender. And I'm not fucking around or anything. I'm dead serious.

I can't describe the brain aneurysm I nearly had while watching this.
I do remember about half way thru hearing my brain shout and scream at me to slam my head against the cup holder in the armrest so my eyes wouldn't suffer the torment of my favorite TV show being raped anymore.

Remember that Indiana Jones Rape episode of South Park? I remember thinking at the time,
"There's no way a movie can rape my eyes as bad as that."

I was proven sooo FUCKING WRONG WITH THIS GODDAMN PIECE OF MOTHERFUKIN FILT- NGGFFTR

. . .

[slightly calms down]

. . .

fuck Shyamalan, fuck adaptations, fuck everyone

Protection and power are overrated. I think you are very wise to choose happiness and love. -Uncle Iroh

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well, you need to know what you consider a movie worth rating here. Personally I can't help but having The Room come to mind.

I still can't tell whether Tommy Wiseau was truly serious about it or if he's the biggest troll the cinema has ever seen. This movie kinda has that tone that says he's actually been trying to make a movie, which makes it terrible, but in the mean time I can't really hate it, because it's so awful I actually enjoy it.

It's been a running joke for years (the movie AND Tommy Wiseau himself; his laugh still haunts some of my nights), but it looks like the guy thinks his movie is popular because it's great.

Last edited by Saniss (2012-01-10 23:03:14)

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down