Topic: The Wrath of Khan

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: The Wrath of Khan

Can't wait to listen to this, I will do when I get home. I'm going to listen to along with the Blu Ray. It's tied favourite with Undiscovered Country for me.

Montalban is freakin' awesome as Khan. Him and his chest.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Maybe it's just me but the commentary abruptly stops during a statement Eddie makes at about two hours in. Is this happening for anyone else?

Yeah, it stops for me too at the 2 hrs, 2 mins and 15 seconds mark just as Eddie is saying something. Is the film finished by then?

Last edited by Jimmy B (2012-01-09 17:03:54)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

This commentary is also known as "Brian's Redemption"
brian
Further comments will come after I listen to this commentary, at which point I will comment on the comments made during the commentary.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Oh, crap. Must have glitched in the upload. Shit. Working on it.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Fixed. Sorry.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Not much of a Star Trek and Star Wars but you guys do a good job in making it not too "boring" to hear.  Also glad that the earlier problem was fixed.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Genesis link from whatever other thread reproduced for posterity:

http://db.tt/fyyPFA4G

No guarantees for how long that will be up, my Dropbox is volatile.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thanks for posting the ending. I actually just heard about the Star TreX-Men crossover novel that came up in there. http://io9.com/5873156/the-star-trek+x+ … -remembers

Thumbs up Thumbs down

'We built spaceships to get away from Scotland'

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/griffengreen/TheWrathOfKhanScreencap8.jpg

big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Let's all send Teague some haggis.

Saw Trek II when it came out and it was my first encounter with Star Trek (I was 9).  Didn't know anything about the characters but really liked it and got mildly into Trek after that.  Still my favorite of the films, and part of a triple feature I like to watch every so often with Galaxy Quest and Trekkies.  (and Best of Both Worlds, parts 1&2 and Yesterday's Enterprise just for a little Next Generation fix)  Meyer's commentary is a good listen too (in addition to the DIF one).

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Meyer's commentary is a good listen too (in addition to the DIF one).

Really? I listen to loads of commentaries, and I can't remember one that I turned off halfway through in disgust, aside from that one. Meyer just came off as a crotchety old bastard, complaining about the new kids, and the other guy on the commentary just kind of brown-nosed to him the whole time, so it became this positive feedback loop that just shoved Meyer's head up his own butt.

Whew, man. Maybe it bugged me more than I thought. smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I watched "The Captains" on Netflix.  There's some genuinely interesting stuff in there.  And then the rest is made up of my personal trinity of hate: metaphysics, blowhards and jazz.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

fcw wrote:

Let's all send Teague some haggis.

Ugh, no. I'm not that annoyed with him  big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Aerik wrote:

Meyer's commentary is a good listen too (in addition to the DIF one).

Really? I listen to loads of commentaries, and I can't remember one that I turned off halfway through in disgust, aside from that one. Meyer just came off as a crotchety old bastard, complaining about the new kids, and the other guy on the commentary just kind of brown-nosed to him the whole time, so it became this positive feedback loop that just shoved Meyer's head up his own butt.

Whew, man. Maybe it bugged me more than I thought. smile

Maybe I need to listen to it again. It has been several years and I might feel differently now. I liked it at the time. I also liked his co-commentary with Robert Wise on The Day the Earth Stood Still buy that too was years ago. My memory may be kind to Nick Meyers. smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

HabeasPorpoise wrote:

I watched "The Captains" on Netflix.  There's some genuinely interesting stuff in there.  And then the rest is made up of my personal trinity of hate: metaphysics, blowhards and jazz.

I literally couldn't get past the teaser montage at the beginning.

Also: Metaphysics, Blowhard, and Jazz was the name of my ska trio in college. I was Metaphysics.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

I'm pretty sure there are two different TWOK commentaries for different dvd releases. The one I have he's on his own. (Special Edition)

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

Khan's weakness: plastic tubes.

^

Nice headscissors takedown at 1:18.

I was gonna say, Shatner looks like he studied with Antonino Rocca or El Santo or something.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It was probably "or something."

"Life is about movies; anything else is a bonus!"- Me   cool

Damn, I'd never seen that clip. That choreography is actually really damn good considering how much scorn the fights on Star Trek normally get.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

For 1966, it's not bad. The problem is it doesn't get any better for the next 40 years.