You guys liked the show, right?

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: The Last Airbender

It wont play, and there is no MP3.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I'm glad you caught this now, before iTunes noticed. Fixed.

*throws you some karma*

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

This should be fun.

It's just sad how far M. Night has fallen as a director. How someone could fuck up such a great show (the material is right there, the dialogue, everything), and someone who claimed he, or at least his kids, was a fan.

The biggest problem really, for me, was that the movie was humorless. The show was quite funny.

Last edited by Mr. Pointy (2012-01-16 17:02:01)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Knew nothing of the series or movie. Had it playing on Netflix during the live show. And now I know what you get when you blend a great property with all kinds of neat stories and characters, an all-star creative team, and Shyamalan's unique brand of agressive incompetence.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Haven't listened to the comm yet but I just watched the film for the first time last night and, my God it's bad. It should a fun comm  big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It's astounding how forgiving the studio system is to directors/actors i.e. JUST ONE HIT is enough to keep greenlighting endless lame crap.

Not just M Night Shyamalan, but Kevin Smith falls into this category too.

British film critic Mark Kermode makes the observation that the international market is now so large that's it's almost IMPOSSIBLE for a big budget movie (with a tentpole actor) to bomb. It doesn't matter if its Rotten Tomato score is 0%, so long as there's 'spectacle' and some actor someone's heard of, it'll recoup its money, if not by the initial theatre run, then certainly with the subsequent release rights e.g. TV, blu-ray, netflix, etc.

not long to go now...

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

This was a fun commentary to be there live for.  Was a nice complination of complaints, anger and the occasional moment when you guys tried to explained how it could've been fixed.  Also glad that Dorkman and Brian said what happened in the show.  This was a commentary that was voted mostly to hear what Dorkman might actually say about the movie and I for one was disappointed.

One last thing, for DiF crew and all those who actually watched the WHOLE movie during the recording, I commend you but question if you're gluttons for punishment.   smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Really good commentary, wish I could've seen it live. I only caught Teague's concert at the end.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

farley22 wrote:

This was a commentary that was voted mostly to hear what Dorkman might actually say about the movie and I for one was disappointed.

sad_tennant

Thumbs up Thumbs down

TheMargarineMan wrote:

Really good commentary, wish I could've seen it live. I only caught Teague's concert at the end.

That was the best part, haha!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Dorkman wrote:
farley22 wrote:

This was a commentary that was voted mostly to hear what Dorkman might actually say about the movie and I for one was disappointed.

sad_tennant

CORRECTION.  I meant to say that I WASN'T disappointed.  Sorry for the typo.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Owen Ward wrote:
TheMargarineMan wrote:

Indeed it was! smile

"Life is about movies; anything else is a bonus!"- Me   cool

This was fun. Not the hatefest I expected/hoped for.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Listening to this now, there are occasional bursts of loud static/interference that last for like a second. Weird.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Snail wrote:
Owen Ward wrote:
TheMargarineMan wrote:

Indeed it was! smile

I still have "Gibtown" stuck in my head  smile

"To Spork you listen."  - Trey Stokes

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Spork wrote:
Snail wrote:
Owen Ward wrote:

Indeed it was! smile

I still have "Gibtown" stuck in my head  smile

"Mister Perfect" was really catchy.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm gonna write Mister Perfect tonight.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Yes!!!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Pavlich hears dead people.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Mr. Pointy wrote:

Pavlich hears dead people.

WHO TOLD Y-- I mean, what? Nothing!

The static bits stopped. There were only those few moments in the first 30 minutes.

With all this talk about Teague's "concert". It sounds like I took off at the wrong time. Sorry I missed it. sad

Thumbs up Thumbs down

His name is Aang, Mr Shamalamadingdong.

Protection and power are overrated. I think you are very wise to choose happiness and love. -Uncle Iroh

Thumbs up Thumbs down

johnpavlich wrote:

Listening to this now, there are occasional bursts of loud static/interference that last for like a second. Weird.

I got them too. There was only about 3 in the first half hour or so.

And regarding the film, I thought the main girl was the best actor in the film, though that isn't saying much. The tool who plays her brother was a piss-poor actor. He looked wide-eyed and insane in some shots, like he was ready to stick an axe in somone's spinal column at any minute.

Last edited by Jimmy B (2012-01-17 16:27:10)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

I'm gonna write Mister Perfect tonight.

Well?

"To Spork you listen."  - Trey Stokes

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Oh. Crap.

Okay, doing it now.

Teague Chrystie