Re: THE LORD OF THE RINGS

Dave wrote:

That's a lot of carbohydrates for the first two films, should we expect burpees in between discs?

Not at all.  THe only carbs in the first movie are form the toast.  THe prosciutto melon balls I make are just a scoop of Cantaloupe, covered in a thin sheen of prosciutto.  All fruit and meat.  Like I said, a light palate cleanser.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

There must be a dozen drinking games around too: have a swig for Peter Jackson cameos, whenever a Hobbit takes down an Orc or creature, Figwit appearances, there's a dwarf-tossing joke, or anachronistic line like 'meat's back on the menu' or 'game over', Arwen cries, etc.

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ooh, I like taking a shot for the PJ cameos. We should also include his kids' cameos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

And a shot every time Frodo strokes his ring

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I, unfortunately, won't be able to join everyone. I planned on it, my sister even saying I could use her house and high speed internet for the event. But, not only can't I really trust you guys not to wander onto topics my 8 year old niece shouldn't hear, but we have Buffalo Philharmonic tickets for that evening (Prokofiev's Fifth). Alas...

I hope, when you guys post this, you keep all the between movie bits. No editing, just cut it into three files!

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

rtambree wrote:

And a shot every time Frodo strokes his ring

We'd be dead by the time he meets Faramir.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

So I found this, which amuses me:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mi … _and_drink

Which leads to asking if anyone has objections to interpreting Miruvor as a mead-mimosa kind of thing for Fellowship.

Cuz early.

Or Ent-draught as a maple-espresso cocktail for Return.

Cuz late.

Last edited by paulou (2012-03-09 02:21:03)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Some random questions for the Down in Front crew (could be answered in the 7th hour when your're scratching around for topics to discuss):

1. In which Middle Earth realm would each of you like to live? Rivendell? Gondor? Lothlorien? The Shire? Other?
2. Arwen or Eowyn or Rosie or Gothmog?
3. Silmarillion trilogy? Yes or no?
4. Top Ten quibbles with Jackson's directing choices, if any?

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

[comic book guy]Miruvor doesn't appear in the films and Ent-draught appears in TWO TOWERS, not ROTK.[/cbg]

I like the ideas for both. We don't have an espresso machine though.

rtambree wrote:

2. Arwen or Eowyn or Rosie or Gothmog?

OMG. We totally have to play "Fuck-Marry-Kill" at some point.

These are some great topic suggestions. MOAR

EDIT: also if I'm going to be a butthole for accuracy I should note that it's "Orc vitality drink," not "Orc-draught." I had it confused with Ent-draught. The Times regrets the error.

Last edited by Dorkman (2012-03-09 02:36:56)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

More random questions:

5. How does Gollum get across the bridge of Khazad-Dum if he's trailing the fellowship and the bridge broke?
6. It's been noted for 50 years...why doesn't Gandalf just hitch a ride with an Eagle and drop the ring into the frigg'n volcano without anyone breaking sweat? Do you buy Tolkien's answer?
7. Why dismiss the Army of the Dead if the job's not done i.e. Black Gate confrontation still lay ahead. Too Deus Ex machina?
8. Frodo = Jesus. Discuss. Both have mortal wounds in their sides, both 'die' saving all inhabitants of the world, both descend into Mordor/Hell, and are resurrected by an Eagle/Angel, and then leave this realm.
9. Romney, Santorum or Aragorn?

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Might ask this question to the panel around the 8th hour:which content do you think Middle Earth is supposed to be an analogue of?  Just wondering...  I call dibs on Brian being the first to lose it on this one.

Last edited by switch (2012-03-09 03:09:23)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

When Gandalf got fragged, where was his re-spawn point?

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Have I mentioned how epically bummed I am to not be out there for this?  Eddie's menu alone would be worth the trip!

Oh well.  Working too, but I'll pop in around 7 Eastern; should be somewhere into Two Towers.

You should all dress up. Trey, after all, IS Gandalf.
(points to the mytholoy of Trey Stokes)

Last edited by Tomahawk (2012-03-09 09:16:51)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm so looking forward to this! I'll hoping to be in the chat for as long as humanly possible (though I suspect I'll miss ROTK).

Other topics:
- Use of magic in the films
- The shit that you don't see, i.e. prop and set designers going bananas on detail (Theoden's armour for instance has a pattern on the inside)
- Divergences from the books and whether they work or not
- What almost was (e.g. Arwen at Helm's Deep, Stuart Townsend as Aragorn)
- Was it right to cut Saruman's end from the theatrical versions of ROTK?
- Crew cameos
- Deleted scenes (Eoywn fighting orcs in the caves at Helm's Deep, epilogue scenes).
- The Hobbit adaptation

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Stuart Townsend as Aragorn
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/5654/25891871.jpg

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I really don't care about the LOTR films but, my God, if I could I'd watch the live show, I'd be there for sure. I don't get the internet at home until Thursday, though so I can't but I hope you guys have a great time. Good luck to the DiFers, it should be a fun one! smile

Last edited by Jimmy B (2012-03-09 18:26:08)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

If I call my microwave "Gandolf's magical cooker" can anything that comes out of it count as LotR styly food ?

Jason doesn't teleport.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Who's supplying the halfling pipe weed?  wink

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'll be bringing a supply of Longbottom Leaf, as always.

*Note to self, stock up on Longbottom Leaf.

There's no way I'm watching this live. I have a life, dudes.

Posted from my iPad
http://trek.fm

Thumbs up Thumbs down

HAHAHA!  WOW at the grumpy asshole ^ up there!

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Gregory Harbin wrote:

There's no way I'm watching this live. I have a life, dudes.

You mean we're going to miss out on great contributions like this?

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Fan solidarity right there.

*slow clap*

ZangrethorDigital.ca