Re: DIF Community Project: DIF Road Trip!

1.) Whatever is needed!

2.) American I guess

3.) Whatever you need, but I think I'm best at wacky.

4.) Don't think so. But that also raises the question if you want us to shoot anything on green-screen for some comp shots?

5.) Nope

6.) ALIENS

Thumbs up Thumbs down

1. Fast, volume varies.
2. American New York meets Inland Northern Accent
3. I don't do wacky too well, otherwise, let's see what happens.
4. nope
5. cuuunnnttttt
6. Dead Man (!!)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Landporpus wrote:

anything on green-screen

Dude this is going to be hard enough without driving comps.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Oh, Maggot1300 and I both ride motorbikes. Can't talk at all, or see us through helmets while riding but it's something else you can use if needed.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

paulou wrote:

Dude this is going to be hard enough without driving comps.

I figured so, but might as well ask.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

1. I guess it depends

2. Whatever the fuck us Oregonians sound like.

3. Never thought about this, sarcastic maybe.

4. Nope.

5. Fuck no.

6. Tremors or Ghostbusters

I don't have a drivers license, so that might be a problem.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

1. How do you talk? Fast? Slow? Loud? Quiet?
kinda fast kinda loud
2. What's your accent?
Southern English
3. Are you most comfortable playing serious, pissed, wacky, annoyed, funny? If you'd rather do something specific like this, let me know, otherwise you'll just get a part and do your best.
I'm usually quite deadpan.
4. Do you have specific car limitations? Like, no back seat?
I'll have to use a friends car also
5. Problem with profanity?
Nah
Also, 6. Pick a movie you love. Doesn't have to be your favorite, but one that you just freaking love.
Casablanca

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

Tell me if I got this wrong, but is the idea to have people in passenger (seats (front or back) doing their takes while the car is driving, which would involve then having someone to drive for them, or should it be taken so the outside can't be seen (except for the part when everybody gets out of the car) and thus the car not have to actually be moving?

I may have missed something here, please don't throw rocks at me.

Last edited by Saniss (2012-04-07 13:02:17)

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yeah, best case scenario, you'd be in a moving car. You could film yourself in the backseat, or have a third person in the car filming you. (I'd assume most folks are gonna go the "film yourself" route.)

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

Pretty fast, but I can throttle it back.

Teague wrote:

2. What's your accent?

Mild Scottish, but I can turn it up to incomprehensible Glaswegian if required.

Teague wrote:

3. Are you most comfortable playing serious, pissed, wacky, annoyed, funny? If you'd rather do something specific like this, let me know, otherwise you'll just get a part and do your best.

Haven't a clue, as I've never acted before.

Teague wrote:

I'm in the UK, so right-hand drive.

Teague wrote:

If you ever meet me in person, you'll know I don't have, but I avoid it online anyway because I'm weird.

Teague wrote:

Also, 6. Pick a movie you love. Doesn't have to be your favorite, but one that you just freaking love.

Some Like It Hot.

Since I commute past Heathrow into central London from a semi-rural town surrounded by parks, there's probably an interesting variety of places I could drive past. Also, I have a woollen Bender hat.

Also, I have swords and it is legal to carry them openly in Idaho...just sayin' wink

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

Yeah, best case scenario, you'd be in a moving car. You could film yourself in the backseat, or have a third person in the car filming you. (I'd assume most folks are gonna go the "film yourself" route.)

Right. Well I can easily think of ways to put the tripod in a steady position with my 60D mounted on it. What I need to find, though, is someone to drive while I do this.

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

Casting questions. This isn't required, but it would help me a lot.

2. What's your accent?

1. Medium fast, medium loud

2. very thick Midwestern American with a trace of Chicago

3. Irritated and sarcastic and, as stated previously, I want to play twins who hate each other

4. I have access to several cars

5. I don't swear a lot, but I am good at it

6. The Goonies

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

paulou wrote:

6. Dead Man (!!)

Jarmusch Five!
http://cuteoverload.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/highfive1.jpg

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Loud-ish, normal to fast.

2. What's your accent?

American, with a touch of a southern drawl.

Probably serious, pissed, annoyed, stoic.  I can do road rage pretty well.

Don't think so; four doors, seating for five and a huge trunk.

After nearly a decade in the military? I should have an honorary degree in profanity.

6. Pick a movie you love. Doesn't have to be your favorite, but one that you just freaking love.

Going with Top Gun for this project.

Tomorrow night I'm gonna stop accepting new folks. FYI.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Loud-ish, normal speed.

2. What's your accent?
American

Probably quiet/serious, bored/non-chalant

No limits!

Not especially, probably wouldn't feel natural going crazy with it though

6. Pick a movie you love. Doesn't have to be your favorite, but one that you just freaking love.
Apocalypse Now, a man can drown in the pure cinema dripping off that masterpiece

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm in.  This idea sounds cool.  I know of a few "road trippy" locations not far from where I live that I could use.

Above average volume.

2. What's your accent?
Normal American-ish.

I could go somewhere on the serious-to-wacky spectrum.

I'd be filming this by myself, so I'll only need the driver's seat.

I'd prefer not to use it.

Iron Man
Back to the Future

I don't really want to use just one, but if you can imagine some kind of fusion of all those three films, that would be a movie I'd just freaking love.

Last edited by R2-DK (2012-04-10 06:52:23)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

For some reasons I wanted to wait, but if you still have room for drivers, I'm in.

Quiet, I have a low voice. Average speed talker.

2. What's your accent?
French. With some training on the text, I think I can reach an acceptable american accent.

I'm more of the serious, sarcastic type, but I'll go with whatever you want me to do.

Same as DK, I'll be by myself so I can only be a driver in this. Would this be a problem?

Try me, bitch.

Star Wars, LotR, Pulp Fiction, The Big Lebowski, Alien/Aliens, Wall-E. I'm gonna stop here.

I can also help with the soundtrack, if needed. Guitars (all kinds of sounds) and electric drums (which I didn't have access to when we did Gone).

Last edited by Saniss (2012-04-10 15:08:32)

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I want to do this so hard! One problem: I can't drive. If I can play a backseat guy, then my roommate can drive (either his Jeep or his Ford Truck) and my other friend can film me.

Variations on all of these, depending on the lines I'm given.
2. What's your accent?
American. You know what I sound like. smile
As long as I have time to rehearse, I'm probably good to go with whatever you give me. I'm really only as good as my director. If you give me the right stage direction and are clear about what you need, I can oblige. I'll gladly take whatever part you think I'm best for, small, medium, large, whatever.
See above.
Fuck no.
Reach The Rock (little known gem from John Hughes). If you need something less obscure, let's go with Night of the Creeps, Serenity or Drive.

As you may know, I live in Texas, currently in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Google image search should give you a good indication of what the landscape is like. smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I want the biggest role you have, and I want to speak only in terms of Space Jam. My understanding of life is framed by Space Jam.

You know how I sound.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hey, if you still need folks I'm in for sure!

Normal? I little loud when I get going, I guess.

2. What's your accent?
Midwestern US.

I'm no actor but I'm confident I could do whatever.

I'd prefer to drive since that way I don't have to rope anybody in to drive me, but other than that.... only 2 doors?

No preference.

RoboCop. I could watch that damned movie all day, every day. 2nd pick: Wet Hot American Summer.

I'm in Toledo, so if you need desolate city streets or boring, flat plainland I've got you covered!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

iJim wrote:

I want the biggest role you have, and I want to speak only in terms of Space Jam. My understanding of life is framed by Space Jam.

You know how I sound.

But you're a baseball player now!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

iJim wrote:

You know how I sound.

My respect for you has just jumped a few dozen levels.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

johnpavlich wrote:

As you may know, I live in Texas, currently in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

Really?  I live south-west of Fort Worth.  The landscape is much more interesting on the road to FW from where I live than it is in the DFW area in general.  You don't really need to use Google Images, you only need Google Maps' topographical view.  tongue

As I live kinda far from Dallas, I was planning to film some of my part in some of the more visually interesting neighborhoods in Fort Worth.  Downtown, West 7th, Southside (Magnolia Ave), etc.

Thumbs up Thumbs down