Re: DIF Community Project: DIF Road Trip!

Cutting it a bit close but if another Aussie is needed you can count me in,

1: depends on how much i've had to drink, somewhat soft spoken but kinda fast

2: Aussie, more bogan than Dave but not fake like steve irwin

3:  Happy doing anything really. not a wacky funny guy by nature though.

4: Depends on the car work has me driving, sometimes an sv6 commodore sometimes a hilux ute

5: You gotta be fkkn kidding im aussie

6: Wall.e, seen it more times than i can remember

I head out bush reasonably often and know some good places to get good "outback" driving  shots

Thumbs up Thumbs down

DK wrote:
johnpavlich wrote:

As you may know, I live in Texas, currently in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

Really?  I live south-west of Fort Worth.  The landscape is much more interesting on the road to FW from where I live than it is in the DFW area in general.  You don't really need to use Google Images, you only need Google Maps' topographical view.  tongue

As I live kinda far from Dallas, I was planning to film some of my part in some of the more visually interesting neighborhoods in Fort Worth.  Downtown, West 7th, Southside (Magnolia Ave), etc.

Holy shit! I used to live at the corner of Burnett and West 2nd. Then that building became infested with bed bugs and everyone was evacuated. Until just last week, I lived on Hamilton Avenue, by University Drive and West 7th! Right now, I'm in Richland Hills (off of Highway 26 and Rufe Snow), staying with a friend, but we're still only a few minutes away from my previous stomping grounds.

Do you think we should work together on this? Maybe fill in as camera operator for each other?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Sample:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NZmLqUIljw

we're both pretty loud, and quick talkers.

no accent, but I think we say 'melk' instead of 'milk' in washington state...

Possibly Something more toward the annoyed/pissed would be interesting, but im down for anything.

No limitations

and no fucking problems with profanity.

im a Ridley Scott/Terry Gilliam fanboy.
But Ghostbusters never stopped being awesome.

I'm so in. I'd do a major part, if there's any left.

1. I'll talk fast, and eccentric, I suppose.

2. American-esque or British(Cockney-ish or Scott-ish).

3. Oh, I don't know. When I do my own stuff, I tend to play serious stuff, but I'm also prone to do funny stuff.

4.I'll probably be IN the back seat.

5.I have a fucking problem with goddamn profanity, considering I fucking use it too fucking much.

Also, 6. Pick a movie you love. Doesn't have to be your favorite, but one that you just freaking love.

Tricky question. I love me some Fight Club, though. And Inception. I love that too.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That was awesome.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ill holler at ya when we tour down to California again this summer.
You might have to listen hard, but ill be yelling.

I think we should all chip in via the donate button and buy Teague something nice to say thank you. I hear he loves Japanese food and Asian cinema.

Last edited by Dave (2012-04-19 04:28:19)

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

I do not oppose this notion.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I've already paid him a bottle, heh.

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Alright. That took forever. Everyone who's in the film should now have a PM with instructions and lines.

If you wanna post any general questions you have, do that here, or you can PM me if it's stuff about your part in particular.

The timeframe on this isn't set in stone, but the sooner you can do your filmin,' the better. Again, there are twenty seven people in this god damned thing.

holden

This is gonna be fun as hell.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

This is awesome. And I have the perfect shirt!

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I can't wait to see how you're planning to do 27 people with this thing. Are there like 10 different cars 0_o?!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

*looks at IM*

Holy crap!

/excited/terrified/needs to pee

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Are we there yet?

Any leeway on the lines, or do we need to be slavishly accurate to the script?  e.g. punching it up with cursing, or choosing synonyms and euphemisms?

Last edited by drewjmore (2012-04-19 20:45:20)

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Also, how about props?  Can I wear a hat?  In one of my quiet shots, could I be checking my twitter or eating a banana or doing a Rubik's cube or fiddling with a sonic screwdriver?

^^^ I'd imagine if you do have props you want it consistent throughout your different shots, so things aren't suddenly vanishing from your hands when Teague cuts back to you

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Consistency with props would be important, but yeah, props are cool.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Unless he's a wizard.

EDIT : Aw, shucks. Missed my window here.

Last edited by Saniss (2012-04-19 21:13:44)

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Please have your footage to me no later than Monday the 7th. The sooner the better, but any later than that and I'll be whiney about it.

If you could upload your files with the following naming convention, I'd be psyched. If not, I'll live.

For your individual shots (that's what those "S"s are, by the way), go with this:

[yourname].s[shot number].[take number]

So, the third take of Ewing's second shot would be "ewing.s2.3.mov." Might not be .mov, could be .avi or .mp4 or whatever. Hopefully you have three or more takes for each shot, so I have some wiggle room on picking a favorite. Obviously you can cull out ones you really hate, just try to give me at least three by the time you're done. Six takes wouldn't hurt my feelings, though.

Also, if you're so inclined, you can do your multiple-takes in one long video. Or two. Just call it "ewing.s2.1.mov" or "ewing.s2.2.mov" or whatever.

For your silent take, where you get ten seconds of "silence" in whatever your filming environment was, call it:

[yourname].silent

So, "ewing.silent.mov." For your "looking at the other three seats" shots, you can put them all in one video, just spend a few seconds looking at each seat, like I said in the PM. Call that:

[yourname].reverse

Or, "ewing.reverse.mov." For your "looking out the window" stuff, you should have at least one, but it might be several, videos. Some of you might want to get a discrete shot that's JUST what's going on outside, or maybe a couple of those, etc.. Maybe it's just the one shot of you looking out the window. For these, number thus:

[yourname].window.[shot number]

So everyone should have at least a "ewing.window.1.mov," and some of you might have 3 or 4 individual shots. I'll be able to sort out what I'm looking at, so go crazy if you want to, this is just to manage the giant mass of shots I'll eventually be working with.

For your end shots, getting out of the car and all that, the same as above. As many shots as you get, either multiple takes or shots that I'll need to use in sequence, number 'em up.

[yourname].end.[shot number]

So, if you just have the one shot of you getting out of the car and looking around, that'll be "ewing.end.1.mov," but if you end up getting several takes, or doing several takes of several shots, just order them up sequentially.

I know when you look at the PM, or at this post, it's like "jesus, this is a lot of work," but I don't think it's actually too bad. I'm just being very detailed about everything, because this editing project is gonna be a mess under the best of circumstances. Every little bit of clarity helps.

Thanks folks.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

drewjmore wrote:

Any leeway on the lines, or do we need to be slavishly accurate to the script?  e.g. punching it up with cursing, or choosing synonyms and euphemisms?

Generally, every line is gonna need to be very close to what it is. This isn't because I'm a control freak, it's because this entire thing is responses to other statements, and you might inadvertently make a long exchange stop making sense.

If there's anything in particular anybody wants to know if they can tweak, ask me in PM. If you have something funnier, or are uncomfortable with a line, I'll try to work with you on it and get something that suits the script as well as you... but at the end of the day, I can only tweak so much on any given line. Some more than others. Feel free to ask.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Also, Dave is the only other person who has the whole script and knows what all the secret-y secrets are. So if you have a question and spot him in the chat, ask him. Just be friendly about it, he's a biter.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

PM'ed,
but I also got to thinking it might help if each of the colors could chat amongst ourselves about our delivery, appearance, shades of shirt color, hats, glasses, additional props, etc.  But for that we'd need to know who we all are...so is that info verboten? or can we see a partial cast list somehow?

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

The shades of the shirt color aren't too important - between burgundy and bright red and maroon - it's just going to be a subtle hint for the audience that we're looking at this seat now. That's all. So, sorta red, sorta blue, sorta green. We're not trying to convince the audience that you're the same person as another that-color person, just subliminally trying to keep their heads from exploding with all the people changery.

There's nothing stopping everyone from putting their PMs together and trying to suss out the whole script, but I like the fun of nobody knowing quite what they're actually doing. If anyone has questions about delivery, they're super free to ask - it only makes the thing better - but I'd prefer to keep the overall proceedings sort of secret-ish.

All of the props written into the movie are also written in to everyone's PMs, so if folks need to know something really specific prop-wise, they do. Same with filming details - several of you have to make a stop at McDonalds for one scene, for instance, and everyone who does knows what's up.

The cast list is the folks in the thread who said they wanted in. 27 folks, not including myself. So. That's them.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

May 7?! I only have two weeks of preproduction to find a location, a driver, a cameraman, and a dialog coach?! Christ, my wardrobe won't arrive for 8-10 business days! (Thanks a lot, DIF merchandise store!)

I'll be in my trailer!

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

A LITTLE TOO EAGER

I am happy to wear a rubber nose and play Zarban's enormous part, if he doesn't think he'll be up for it due to ...

SARCASTICALLY

...wardrobe malfunctions.

My agent is ready to talk.

DOES THE EXTENDED THUMB/LITTLE FINGER PHONEY GESTURE

Call me!