Topic: Prometheus

Introducing the David 8.

https://www.weylandindustries.com/site/david

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Re: Prometheus

Must... resist... clicking...

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Doooo it. Michael Fassbender calls for your soul.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Who the fuck is this Michael Fassbender guy, and why I have gone from having never heard his name to hearing it constantly in the past year?

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

He's one of those 'next big thing' guys.

It'll pass big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Just another actor Tarantino pulled from obscurity and got him noticed. His part in Inglourious Basterds is still one of my favorite roles he's played.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

He was hardly obscure; was quite good in band of brothers.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Loved him in Inglorious Basterds as well. He was great in 300 too and had a critically acclaimed role in Hunger.  Hell, I've loved him in everything I've seen (even Eden Lake).

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

He was in Band of Brothers 0_o? He was in 300? Damn, never caught that.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I actually don't even remember him in IB, but then I don't really remember much IB. He was however one of the very reasons I made it all the way through First Class, and I haven't seen A Dangerous Method yet, but he looks pretty good in that too.

Oh hey look! A really badass piece of Prometheus viral marketing! Why don't we-...

Screw it, you guys don't give a shit.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

You are not employed as a publicist for a filmmaker, movie studio, toy company, or publishing company. If you find yourself working as an unofficial volunteer publicist for the same... you might wish to ask yourself why.

-- Excerpted from Let Us Put an End to Geek Pride by Nick Mamatas

Because I think it's awesome.

So you can frankly get off your high horse about me wanting to share something I think is cool.

EDIT: And actually you know what, Mr Mamatas can go fuck himself over that particular quote. That is the way things work. I like something, so I tell my friends, and if they think it's cool, they tell their friends. I don't need you going and trying to make me feel like a moron or a blind sheeple for doing so. Would you rather everyone just sat here and kept everything they enjoyed to themselves?

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2012-04-21 00:20:23)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

bullet3 wrote:

He was in Band of Brothers 0_o? He was in 300? Damn, never caught that.

Yeah, he's been around for ages but he's only just got noticed now. Someone else will be along soon big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

So you can frankly get off your high horse about me wanting to share something I think is cool.

Atta boy.  wink

You confuse me more than you will ever know.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Viral marketing is still marketing, just make sure you come to terms with and process it as such.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

BigDamnArtist wrote:

You confuse me more than you will ever know.

Oh, I think Trey has a pretty good handle on that kind of thing.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Trey wrote:

You are not employed as a publicist for a filmmaker, movie studio, toy company, or publishing company. If you find yourself working as an unofficial volunteer publicist for the same... you might wish to ask yourself why.

-- Excerpted from Let Us Put an End to Geek Pride by Nick Mamatas

In the omitted part of that quote, "and pretending to commit suicide so that people will feel bad about how awful they are to you", is he referring to a specific incident or something? I know people do stupid shit on the internet but I haven't heard of anyone faking their death over insults in a Firefly argument.

Glad to see so many other people are looking forward to Prometheus...

Matt Vayda wrote:

Glad to see so many other people are looking forward to Prometheus...

Well, we got each other.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Fassbender was also in Jonah Hex (gah!) and Fish Tank, a fairly disturbing british indie which is still on netflix streaming, I believe.  If you're a new parent (looking at YOU, Phi) you'll probably spend the rest of the day clutching your infant.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Going to the midnight screening tonight, massively looking forward to this one.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yeah, Fassbender is part of that pool of UK and Irish actors that you see almost everywhere, and then they hit it big, and they really are everywhere… If you've not seen Hunger, the 2008 film about Bobby Sands, he's absolutely harrowing in it, including a sixteen-minute take. Brr.

I'm going to take advantage of my ignorance by seeing this first and seeing if it works for me as someone who has never seen Alien. This particular viral video fascinates me. Fassbender's performance, as seen in this piece, looks absolutely astonishing. He's coming at the Uncanny Valley from the human side, rather than the robotic side, and it's both compelling and creepy.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

yeah, it's nice to see a film maker say "You know what's creepier than robots that look like people but show no emotion? Robots that look like people and DO show emotion, but in a weird, inhuman way."

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I saw a LOT of Fassbender movies while I was in Miami.  Two of them featured actual on screen urination. Guesses, people?

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down