Re: Return of the Jedi

I heart you people.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I love our forum. <3

That's quite possibly my favourite picture of the day. Thanks Teague.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think we should contact the only man who can help us...

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3370/jessevs.jpg

The force, clone armies, Jedi mind tricks, killer teddy bears. You think you know the whole story? Think again. I've been a governor, a Navy SEAL, a fighter, and in three movies with Arnold Schwarzenegger. I've seen things that'll blow you're mind. And now I think it's time you get the whole story.

I'm Jesse Ventura and this is Conspiracy Theory.

That's what Jesse Ventura looks like now?????

I mean, I'm sure he's still a God-damn sexual Tyrannosaurus, I've just never seen him recently.

Last edited by Jimmy B (2011-01-24 17:59:14)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Shifty Bench wrote:

... a God-damn sexual Tyrannosaurus ...

Strap this on your ass, pal. smile I loved him in that movie and as a colour commentator with Gorilla Monsoon but that's about it. He couldn't theorize his way out of a paper bag. I happened to catch him on Larry King with Oliver Stone and he was a total nut job. Coincidentally or not, i think it was the next day that King announced his retirement.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Honestly, I never really minded the ewoks.... but i thought you might want to see this

Protection and power are overrated. I think you are very wise to choose happiness and love. -Uncle Iroh

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Wow Jedi's getting the Criterion treatment!

http://img.ffffound.com/static-data/assets/6/0f63bd24fe48850de2b24d93c81b3271bc409786_m.jpg

/fake

Thumbs up Thumbs down

*rubs screen with cheek*

prettyyyyyy

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Oh, if only... gorgeously cleaned and restored 1983 edition? Hell yes.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I honestly do have a little more respect for them ewoks after watching this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdd0edT-BeE

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I was just listening to this, and this is a response to your discussion on how Leia couldn't possible remember her mother. The retcon I personally came up with is that the mother Leia remembers is Mrs. Organa, who could quite possible have died when Leia was young. Luke asks her about her mother before he tells her she's his sister, so at that point she has no reason to think Mrs. Organa isn't her real mother.

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

He says "real mother," which she doesn't question, and a moment later says "somehow I've always known [you're my brother]."

*shrug*

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well, the obvious answer is that Lucas didn't really have Luke and Leia's early life planned out when he wrote Jedi. He sort of vaguely figured Leia's mother took her away to Alderaan while Obi-Wan took Luke away to Tatooine, and didn't think too hard about why. And at the time he probably figured Vader never even knew she was pregnant, which is why he never searched for the children until he encountered Luke.

When he wrote the prequels, he had to paper over all that so that Padme could be pregnant and have the babies just as Anakin becomes Vader instead of 9 months later, which would have been less dramatic.

Furthermore, he didn't even think of making Luke and Leia siblings until Jedi and only did it as a way of cleaning up the love triangle to keep Luke from looking like a loser.

And lastly, there is no Santa Claus, and your whole childhood is a lie! Mwuuhahahaha!

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

It's almost like he was only in it for the money!

Zarban wrote:

Well, the obvious answer is that Lucas didn't really have Luke and Leia's early life planned out when he wrote Jedi. He sort of vaguely figured Leia's mother took her away to Alderaan while Obi-Wan took Luke away to Tatooine, and didn't think too hard about why. And at the time he probably figured Vader never even knew she was pregnant, which is why he never searched for the children until he encountered Luke.

When he wrote the prequels, he had to paper over all that so that Padme could be pregnant and have the babies just as Anakin becomes Vader instead of 9 months later, which would have been less dramatic.

Furthermore, he didn't even think of making Luke and Leia siblings until Jedi and only did it as a way of cleaning up the love triangle to keep Luke from looking like a loser.

And lastly, there is no Santa Claus, and your whole childhood is a lie! Mwuuhahahaha!

I think you're giving Lucas too much credit

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think it probably had more to do with Lucas not watching Return of the Jedi before writing RoTS. Obi-Wan picking up Anakins saber was apparently an afterthought

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

Great job on this one.
Plus I finally watched all of Pink Five - awesome stuff Trey (but you already know that).

I finally found my copy of Fantastic Films that I took to grade school (I was 10) with photographic proof that Han Solo was alive. I ran around the school cafeteria yelling "Han was saved from the carbonite!" flashing this picture around. Plus as a bonus, it has "Revenge of the Jedi" all over it. So much of my childhood revolved around these 3 films.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7170/6656345941_cba84ba4ce_b.jpg

Avant1963 wrote:

Plus I finally watched all of Pink Five - awesome stuff Trey (but you already know that).

How did you see Return of Pink Five vol. 3...?   wink

Last edited by Snail (2012-01-08 01:36:46)

"Life is about movies; anything else is a bonus!"- Me   cool

Snail, I didn't tell you about my DeLorean? Well you see...

Zarban wrote:

Indeed, that's what the plan was, as evident in the shooting script and novelisation for ROTJ (source: http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/banthapo … cript.html):

Luke looks into the distance, trying to comprehend all this.

BEN (continuing his narrative)
               When your father left, he didn't know your
               mother was pregnant. Your mother and I knew
               he would find out eventually, but we wanted
               to keep you both as safe as possible, for as
               long as possible.  So I took you to live with
               my brother Owen on Tatooine... and your mother
               took Leia to live as the daughter of Senator
               Organa, on Alderaan.

Luke turns, and settles near Ben to hear the tale.

BEN (attempting to give solace with his words)
               The Organa household was high-born and
               politically quite powerful in that system.
               Leia became a princess by virtue of
               lineage... no one knew she'd been adopted, of
               course. But it was a title without real
               power, since Alderaan had long been a
               democracy.  Even so, the family continued to
               be politically powerful, and Leia, following
               in her foster father's path, became a senator
               as well.  That's not all she became, of
               course... she became the leader of her cell
               in the Alliance against the corrupt Empire.
               And because she had diplomatic immunity, she
               was a vital link for getting information to
               the Rebel cause.  That's what she was doing
               when her path crossed yours... for her foster
               parents had always told her to contact me on
               Tatooine, if her troubles became desperate.

This earlier scene is precisely why Luke later asks Leia about their mother, even going so far as to specify Leia's real mother.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I know you guys said in the Corrections thread that you regretted not doing this. Well, fret not. It's here.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

This may be the greatest thing ever.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Very good Tor.com article: You All Forgot that Luke Skywalker Is a BAMF

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I had an idea about lightsabers I want to get everyone's opinion on. Originally it was only supposed to be Blue for good and Red for bad right? What if the lightsabers were "tied" (for lack of a better term) to the user, so that the user in essence controlled the color of the blade. If they were calm, cool, collected (IE Lightside) it would be blue, but if they were angry it would be red. May not seem like much a change but remember the final fight confrontation between Luke and Vader, now imagine when Luke starts freaking out his lightsaber starts changing from Blue to red in the middle of the fight and then when he realizes what he was doing he doesn't look at his hand like he does, but he looks at how red his blade has become. I think that would have been really cool, what do you all think?

Thumbs up Thumbs down