Topic: The Mist

Hey everybody, Teague here. After last week’s unholy roast of Attack of the Clones, we thought we’d cleanse our palettes with a couple changes to the game. For one, watch a movie that isn’t ridiculous, Frank Darabont’s impressive thriller The Mist. For two, bring in a heavyweight lightweight: new Down in Front already-veteran Jake Lloyd. (Turns out, this Jake Lloyd is a comedian, not an actor.) (We’re happy with the one we got, though.)

The Mist is another pitch-perfect Stephen King adaptation by Frank Darabont, director of The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile. In some cases, we stress more than usual that you make sure to have seen the movie before listening to the discussion, and this is one of those cases. Do not be spoiled by our sad asses, watch the film first – and watch the black and white special edition version if you can, you’ll see why when you’re, you know.. watching it.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: The Mist

listening to this commentary, something really rang true to me. When Teague (or dorkman) talked about the genuine nature of Darabont and how he absorbs the talent of everyone on the set, from pa to movie star. "Let me be your friend!"
I had the same moment at the end of the Green Mile commentary. First, he gives some insight into the commentating business. He recorded his over 5 months of studio sessions! in addition, he mentioned how "holes" are filled in out of sequence. fascinating stuff. But when he begins talking with the producer, emily, you really feel that he can get along with anybody along the production line. Please mr. darabont.. "let me be your friend!"

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Holly Shiiiiiiiiiiittttt!!!!!  A real life Ms. Carmody

this girl might just be the sickest fuck in america

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGvRo-hir-w

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Meh, everyone knows Westboro Baptists are shitheads. Even they know it. They just like the attention.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Just getting to this one

I love that you guys are skeptics, don't you think Hollywood doesn't know, even good Hollywood (Darabont), what skeptism really is, that they think it's just doubt and cynicism? It annoys me. Brauer's character could've been great, and they still could've killed him off I guess, just with a little more acceptance beforehand.

I just watched this film for the first time a few weeks ago and really liked it, even though I was spoiled (the ending). I wish I'd avoided spoilers sad but, it didn't ruin it.

Edit: Frances Sternhagen was Cliff Clavin's mom smile

Last edited by Mr. Pointy (2011-09-12 05:24:34)

Thumbs up Thumbs down