Topic: Avatar and Disney's Animal Kingdom

It was just announced that Jim Cameron is teaming up with the Disney Imagineers to bring the world of Avatar to life. Seems that Pandora will be the newest expansion "land" at Disney's Animal Kingdom in Walt Disney World in Florida.

So ladies and gentlemen, is this a good move? You said you wanted to experience more of Pandora than just the forests. Does this excite you? Is this a good move for Jim and the Avatar franchise? And let's put on our Imagineer hats and come up with some awesome ride concepts for this new theme park. See if we can outdo Disney when it opens in 2013.

Discuss.

Last edited by Ben (2011-09-20 19:39:21)

Re: Avatar and Disney's Animal Kingdom

Regardless of what you think of the movie, Jimmy put a lot of thought into creating that world.  I was fascinated more by the flora and fauna of Pandora than m ost of the characters, so yeah, color me interested.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

doty

I agree with Eddie.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Oh gods yes....I need a ticket there now!

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2011-09-21 00:11:59)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

I'm still waiting on the Avatar book that he said he was writing. But Pandora does seem perfectly suited to a Disneyland ride. A "Banshee Flight" roller coaster, maybe an indoor coaster with those glow-in-the-dark plants, maybe even a rail shooter with laser bows and arrows.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm guessing at least one kids playground set in the night of pandora with interactive lighting effects.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

I could certainly see a roller coaster or two develop out of the ride.  I was thinking a Soarin' style sim for the Banshees, but I think you're more on with a coaster.

The photographer in me would go "squeeeeeeeeeee! (Goblin, Nabob)" to see the "land" at night. With a couple of ND filters and a tripod, the long-exposure night shots you could pull off would be breathtaking.   I think with Jim's attention to detail, and the Imagineer's magicness and the technology they have access to and will create, we could have a really cool thing developing on our hands.

I'm waiting for Trey to chime in.  Wasn't it he who said he wanted to see the seas and more of Pandora?  This seems to be the answer to your wishes smile