Topic: How well do you know your movies?

As some people here might know, I'm a bit of a Walt Disney World nerd.  One of the people I follow on Twitter (@TGreatMovieRide) just posted a question asking how many of the movies featured in the finale you could name.  It's a 20 minute quiz.  I thought that here, in a movie forum, it might just be a bunch of fun.  I think I got some of them, but I don't have the confidence to attack the whole test:

http://www.sporcle.com/games/apocalypse … movie_ride

Give it a shot! No cheating!

Last edited by Ben (2011-09-26 03:55:00)

Re: How well do you know your movies?

Okay, I just did it, as an "I'm an idiot" baseline.  I registered 24/117 movies.  I only will count 23, though, because it gave me a movie I didn't know exist when I was typing out the name of one I did guess correctly.

I gave up with less than 5 minutes remaining.  Gook luck to the rest of you.  I cannot wait to see your numbers shame mine.

A) What the fuck is the Great Movie Ride Montage?
B) Where do I find it so I know what the test is asking?
C) I have to fucking type the exact title of dozens of movies?
D) Are the star and year supposed to be hints? Because I think I can get about 12 of them just from that.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Zarban wrote:

D) Are the star and year supposed to be hints? Because I think I can get about 12 of them just from that.

This.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Well, I tried it without watching any video and got 40 out of 117. But I clearly hardly even looked at the middle section, because there were some really easy ones that that I missed while I was focused on trying to get others that were bugging me. *shakes fist at Barbra Streisand and Walt Disney*

I recommend going thru them methodically—left, center, and right—to get all the easy ones first, then try to fill in the blanks.

Also, "star" is a term used rather loosely. Some in that column are the director, producer, and even one source novel author!

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

maul2 wrote:
Zarban wrote:

This.

This.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That's odd, there are different versions of this montage on youtube. I watched one and was finding lots of differences and then found another which was almost entirely the same but for a slight differences. So the montage I started the quiz with had things like Cabaret and Crocodile Dundee, which are not in the quiz.

Anyhow, my official score was 55/117, but I would have had another 8 had I started with the right montage or been able to finish watching it before the timer ran out. 

The major difficulty is recognising those black and white films that came out literally before your parents were born.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well, I got 46, but I didn't know about the video. If I did, I'm certain I would've gotten more.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Frankly, for those complaining about no video, I did mine based solely on the actor or director given and the year.  I didn't create the test, I just thought it would be a fun distraction for movie-minded people.