Topic: Music/Video projects

Hey folks -  as i've said in the past, i'm a music guy that happens to be sort of a film dork and i'm trying to bridge the two.  I'm wondering if anyone has projects they're working on that is in need of some music/scoring experimentation.   i've got tons of random pieces laying around over the years that could have visuals added to it, or i could work off of a cut of someone's project.

my only real goal here is practice, so i'm not trying to take ownership of anyone's projects, just want to keep working towards figuring out how to tie my two interests together.

Let me know.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Music/Video projects

Sounds great. Are you just into experimentation at this point? I'm working on a short film project that's coming up, not sure when, possibly November or early December time, and I don't think we've got anybody on music.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

i've got 2 different partners that i work with and we range from traditional songs to texture/experimental type stuff.  let me know if you want to see if anything might make a decent match.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

If you have any links to any of your pieces, I'm kind of in a lull period right now and looking for a small project to work on, just to keep my wits sharp. Although that said, I don't have anything I'm working on that needs audio created for it. hmm

ZangrethorDigital.ca

sure... i'm send you a link.. i don't want to spam everyone with my stuff.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

alright...sent.  let me know if you don't get it.. never used the mail feature on here before

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm going to be shooting something in January, and I'm looking for music. Shoot me a link! smile

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Spam us with your stuff. I just like music in general, so even if I'm never able to use anything of yours in a project, I'd like to hear it, or at least some samples of the sort of stuff you do.

That's what this forum section's for anyway, right?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Alright... here's a link to some of my stuff:

http://soundcloud.com/mcbrayer

for reference -
Outsiders is comprised of Twilight Zone samples (from an episode of that very name)
Acid has Richard Pryor and Simpsons stuff, who doesn't like that?
Shuffle and ....and i'm working cheap are both more experimental projects using samples

enjoy

and happy friday!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I really dig Double Digits.  Like a mix of Gorillaz and The Doors.  If someone remade Apoc. Now, that would be the track for when Sheen loses it in his hotel room.

Nice.

Thumbs up Thumbs down