Re: Wanted?

fcw wrote:

BTW, in the podcast, did anyone say Wanted 2: Electric Boogaloom?  Just checking.

You must have missed the part where Teague said he declared a moratorium on BREAKIN' 2 references. He's not kidding. I made the standard "Electric Boogaloo" crack near the beginning of our CHAMBER OF SECRETS episode and he shut down the recording and made us start over.

Although "Boogaloom" should be grandfathered in, because really, when are you going to get to do THAT one again.

Finally listened to this. Fun times and sorry I missed it, especially because if I'd walked in mid-recording that would have been quite funny.

For the record, James McAvoy is not at all my preferred cut of beef. All yours, Miki.

Also, in talking about who he reminds people of, I was really surprised no one said Ewan McGregor. Maybe it's just the mannerisms and accent, I dunno.

Ewan McGregor, now, that's a fella who doesn't want to leave his drinks unattended in the pub when I'm in town.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Dorkman wrote:

Ewan McGregor, now, that's a fella who doesn't want to leave his drinks unattended in the pub when I'm in town.

Nor I, sir. Nor I.

Posted from my iPad
http://trek.fm

Thumbs up Thumbs down

switch wrote:

And miki, is that tatoo somehow related to Zelda?

I will just dignify this with a, "Yes, yes it is."

I do things.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Dorkman wrote:

For the record, James McAvoy is not at all my preferred cut of beef. All yours, Miki.

FANTASTIQUE!  I will take!  **looks around**  Yep, all clear.  Mine.

Dorkman wrote:

Yeah, I'll buy tickets to that shit show.  big_smile

I do things.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Miki wrote:
Dorkman wrote:

Yeah, I'll buy tickets to that shit show.  big_smile

Shit, I'd fly cross country to see that show.

Did things just get weird?

I want to see it because it will be *probably* the sexiest thing I've ever seen.

Dorkman is looking pretty fly (for a white guy) these days.  RAWR!

I do things.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think Dorkman peak sexy was RVD2.  The hair and the overshirt, man.  Got a little forearm bulging action a couple of shots, too.

When.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Matt Vayda wrote:

Did things just get weird?

Well, it seems like there is a bunch of unexpected Scottish-actor fans here, at least. Which is nice.

Saw this movie in theaters the day The Dark Knight came out. (Irony)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I so wanted this movie having been a big fan of the original series/graphic novels, but was shocked by the movie. its starts sort of similar to the source material and then take a 90 degree turn off the road. This is not even close to the original comic!
The original concept is that the main guys dad was a super villain in a world that had killed all the super heroes [including super man in a awesome hinted moment] and now our world is ruled by them. But a bunch of them want more power and it ends up in a super villain civil war. The original comic also had one of the scariest super villain ever, very familiar to the dark knight joker. I would highly recommend the comic even if you hated the movie as its really really different.
The screen writer in a interview said he was give the first comic and had to invent the rest.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That makes you wonder if there was some sort of duel ownership of the first issue but not the rest of the series, or if the writer was just stupid enough not to go out and read the rest of the comic.
"Damn it, all I have with me is the first issue to give you. Well, you can go buy the rest before you start."
"Hell no, I'm not spending my own money on this! I'll just make something up."

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

No he was give the first issues in a slow release series and told to do in fast. So he had to go off and make up what it was going to be, sounds like a nightmare writing assignment.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

the episode should still be at creative screen writing podcast.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Wait, so you're saying they started making the movie when all that existed of the comic was one issue? Almost have to wonder why bother, as the book would have no fan base yet and there was little to steal.

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

i think it had the magic number of sales to get optioned like a 1992 A n R rep in Seattle finding some swarthy unsigned band......

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Best. Commentary. EVARRR!

Two Things that would improve it even more:
1: If Dorkman actually came around for his laptop. I'd die to hear your bits for it big_smile
2: If I had been there live so I could blurt out "TOY STORY" as Miki's #NameYourPenisAfteraMovie.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I just re-listened to this and it literally almost killed me. Was drinking tea and almost drowned to death in laughter. I think you guys need some kind of a disclaimer on some of these episodes.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

smile

Thanks man.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down