Topic: Reel, why not.

Some professional/personal stuff I've worked on lately, hooray. Want to post the full bike thing when I can.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Reel, why not.

Fantastic stuff. Fantastic, man.

You live here, why aren't you hanging out and stuff? You spooked by internet people? *shines interrogation light on you*

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Really good stuff there, I'd actually seen a version of the fairy shot on youtube whilst researching an idea for a horror short

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

That was straight-up cool. 

Earlier I was thinking that, pooled together, the DiF community is like its own movie studio stacked with scary talent.  Stuff like that reel reenforces it.

Also, what were the Chicago skyline shots for?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Spooked? No way, I love me some internet people. Lemme know next time you're doing a thing and I'll try to show. And if you're going to the Hollywood Arclight or environs hit me up, I'm right by there. Movies will be watched and drinks will be had.

Faldor - Yeah, that stuff's from Moving Day, a short fxphd produced and handed out materials for classes and challenges. So you'll see it around from time to time.

Jim - Vampire Diaries. The skyline wasn't even the most fun part of that shot. Rebuilt the camera move to start more over the guy's shoulder, eventually blending into the original camera move, and since there's really strong parallax lines from the truck, the whole environment needed to be reprojected in 3D, painting in all the holes  that were never shown in the original plate.

Last edited by paulou (2012-01-09 21:58:16)

Thumbs up Thumbs down