Re: Worst Movie Ever Made (In Your Opinion)

Wiseau was being completely serious with that movie. After it became an ironic cult comedy he went through a period of denial where he attacked anyone making fun of his movie and threatened lawsuits and sent out take-down notices and all that. I guess someone told him that he was making way more money off the movie now that it's known for being terrible and funny, so he has since tried to turn that into his schtick. Making bad, awkward stuff in the hopes that it will be as funny as the room. But it's not nearly as funny when he's trying to do that. The stuff he does now feels like bad parody of the acting in The Room. The show that he has now, The Tommy Wi-Show, actually feels really mean-spirited to me, like the guys writing and directing it are deliberately trying to get people to laugh at him because everyone thinks he's a moron. It made me feel really dirty when I watched the first episode, and I never went back to it. Their whole idea was "people think Tommy Wiseau's a retard, so let's cut together little episodes full of his weird eccentricities so people can laugh at what a retard he is".

It really feels to me like their laughing at someone with a mental disability, and people have been eating it up. It makes my blood run cold.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The Room is one of my favourite films for all the wrong reasons.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The Room is something special...

http://i39.tinypic.com/119xufq.jpg

I just watched the first episode of the Tommy Wi-Show. It's absolutely awful.

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

According to my IMDb ratings, the films I felt were the worst I've seen (1 star ratings):

• The Mangler (1995) Tobe Hooper

• Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966)

• Almighty Thor (2011) The Asylum

• Bad Girls Do Cry (1965) Grindhouse schlock and the most inept film I've seen

• Fearless Frank (1967) Philip Kaufman, stars Jon Voight and the second most inept film I've seen

• Bowanga Bowanga (1951) Dumb and dull cave girl exploitation with no skin

I've never seen Birdemic or The Room. I HAVE seen Plan 9 From Outer Space, and it gets 2 stars, as do Battlefield Earth and Troll 2.

As for major motion pictures, Don't Mess With the Zohan made me hate movies for a while, but I seem to have given it 3 stars.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

If you've not seen 'Tommy Explains It All', then check it out!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

This guy makes me feel stoned just by opening his mouth.

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Me and some friends just watched Birdemic. We were expecting a good laugh, like The Room, but it was just baaaaaad!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

What a movie. Silent Night Deadly Part 2 is one of the most unintentionally hilarious bad movies of all time. There are times when this thing is on par with Troll 2! But, I refuse to believe they were actually making a serious film here. I mean, the dialogue and the acting... just... wow. And the mother superior's address is 666!

Last edited by Xtroid (2012-01-14 02:36:07)

That's the problem. it doesn't matter what the intentions were! If its awesome and made you laugh, then it's effectively a good movie. I mean look at Miami Connection, totally fucking awesome despite being what you would call a "bad" movie:

Trivia! Sound guy on this was future VES chair Jeff Okun.

That aside though, realized the most uncomfortable, most terrible movie experience I've ever had was. Return to Sleepaway Camp. The first one is a classic, the second and third went off and did their own thing, and the director from the great original film made one of the shittiest movies I've ever seen, I felt sick and angry by the end of it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down